Do women strawweights have any striking power at all?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Calboy, May 30, 2014.

1. Calboy

Calboy Banned Banned

for those who do not know, ufc is adding a female 115 pound class sometime this summer. So this basically means for people who dont already like wmma there will 2x amount of women fights on UFC cards now.

my big problem with wmma is that it seems like no girls(that i've seen in the ufc) have any striking power whats so ever. For me it takes away a lot of the enjoyment if you know two fighters cant really hurt each other standing. it takes away a lot of strategy in a fight if you KNOW you can't get hurt.... for example this is what helps make ronda so effective.... No girls have power.

so my question is, being that no knockouts have occured at the 135 pounds, what are the prospects for getting some powerful strikers in a weight class 20 pounds lighter???

2. Blark

Blark Blue Belt

If I don't get knockouts then I can't live. Oh lord, however shall I consume mixed martial arts without fat shitty heavyweights gassing out in the first two minutes.

3. cbisram

cbisram Orange Belt

if felice herrig punched you square in the jaw, you would have your bell rung for sure

4. Philtard

Philtard Red Belt

No. And there's not much of a chance either. We need some women's super heavy weights. I'd watch that.

5. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Calderwood does, as does Tecia Torres. But you see a lot more of spectacular ground games than stand-and-bang styles.

105lbs actually has some knockout artists, including Alex "36" Chambers.

6. Philtard

Philtard Red Belt

And you're saying you don't want that..?!

7. Calboy

Calboy Banned Banned

jesus christ, thats not what i said. for the record, i don't need a KO every fight, but when they virtually NEVER happen, YES it does take away my enjoyment.

How many freakin knockdowns have you seen at the 135 womens class? thats why I made this thread about the 115 class.

8. SnowBlynd

SnowBlynd Red Belt

Adding another division is a horrible idea. It's like they're trying to fuck up their product at this point.

9. Andre Xiong

Andre Xiong Silver Belt Professional Fighter

no, they do not bleed either. so sorry. they won't even be required to wear 5 oz gloves but instead, be able to dip their handwraps in honey and then cover it in glass shards, the NSAC says they cannot lick the glass or else that is a penalty for unsportsmanship.

10. Andre Xiong

Andre Xiong Silver Belt Professional Fighter

"Have you ever seen a chihuahua fight a rottweiler?" -Katt Williams from Friday After.

11. Big McLargeHuge

Big McLargeHuge Green Belt

Rude

12. Jermei

Jermei Steel Belt Platinum Member

Jinh Yu Frey can KO... search her gifs, you'll see.

13. Calboy

Calboy Banned Banned

thanks for the help champ. looked deadly. Is this girl a top contender, will she be signed by the UFC and can she become champion?

14. jitzmonkey

jitzmonkey Green Belt

15. TheGreenRanger

TheGreenRanger Green Belt

I'd rather chop my arms off than see a 115 pound woman's fight.

I don't care how that sounds either. The word "technical" gets slung around too much with lighter weight classes, whether it be men or women. Even though they are usually not any more technical than heavier weight classes.

Not excited for this weight class at all.Just another useless set of fighters to water down more UFC cards.

16. SnowBlynd

SnowBlynd Red Belt

There might be a chihuahua division coming soon to the UFC.

17. Calboy

Calboy Banned Banned

well i disagree there, the lighter weight men on average are more technical...just not that but there technique is better on average for longer in a fight because their conditioning allows it to be...doesn't make the fights any better or worse. the reason it gets slung around a lot is because it's true, just like how heavier guys having amazing KO power is always swung around..because its true

LW/FW men on average are more technical because they need to be, they dont have the raw power to rely on...also a LHWs "techique" may be just as good as a lightweights, but maybe for only 1 round. they get tired quicker allowing the smaller man to display better technical skills over 15 minutes.

18. VolkHan

VolkHan Brown Belt

Joanne Calderwood has 4 T/KOs, the last 2 were a clean single knee shot to the body and a TKO where the opponent was out after the uppercut delivered before the gnp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alida Gray is famous for her KO:

[​IMG]

19. Diet Otsuka

Diet Otsuka Red Belt

That's my girl

20. LordBarnaby**

LordBarnaby** Green Belt

No, women's bantamwate doesnt have any power, strawsweight will have even less