Do we believe Hector was injured now?

I think the main thing is Hector showed up tonight.

Injury, nerves, outfought. Whatever the case, he simply didn't show up at 149.

I don't. To me he had a reality check.

I don't believe Hector was injured and I'm still convinced he lost the first fight (albeit a razor sharp decision).

Paul Harris has Murilo Bustamante as his striking coach for fucks sakes. Let's not get a head of ourselves. I think Lombard beats MW opponents ranked from 6-10, but will lose to 1-5 ranked fighters.

Hector looked good but palhares looked scared the moment he felt power.

Anderson would tool him. I dare say even Bisping would out box him with technique and movement. It can't be that hard for a good striker to avoid power swings from those T. rex arms

Bisping will outbox Lombard in the same way he did with Hendo, with the chin :icon_lol:, i don

If you've seen his other fights then you'd have to reasonably believe that he was injured. Not even nerves makes someone stationary who typically is the opposite.

I don't believe Hector was injured and I'm still convinced he lost the first fight (albeit a razor sharp decision).

Paul Harris has Murilo Bustamante as his striking coach for fucks sakes. Let's not get a head of ourselves. I think Lombard beats MW opponents ranked from 6-10, but will lose to 1-5 ranked fighters.

Totally disagree, but I couldn't bear watching the fight again to craft a supporting breakdown. Just what did Boetsch do or land that was of any relevance in the 15 minutes? Honestly I can't remember anything.

Who cares, he lost, but he won last night and looked good doing it.

Eh. Palhares didn't even attempt to grapple. He took Belcher down within the first minute of their fight, and scored takedowns against almost every other opponent that he's gone up against, including Dan Henderson. I couldn't believe he didn't shoot for a single takedown, even after he got hurt the first time.

I think Lombard was tentative in his debut because it was his debut, plain and simple.

I think the main thing is Hector showed up tonight.

Injury, nerves, outfought. Whatever the case, he simply didn't show up at 149.

Yep, the real Hector Lombard showed up. I think he won his first UFC match as well though it was clear he wasn't himself..

Totally disagree, but I couldn't bear watching the fight again to craft a supporting breakdown. Just what did Boetsch do or land that was of any relevance in the 15 minutes? Honestly I can't remember anything.

He pushed the pace for most of the fight. I'll agree with you that the fight was a snoozer and I wouldn't want to waste another 15 minutes of my life watching that fight, but I do remember him winning by leg kicks and just general octagon control.

I'm not saying Boetsch looked any better. That fight was on par with Mir vs. Crocop before the knockout. All I'm saying is that I'm not completely sold on Hector YET. Who knows, maybe he will be champion one day or challenge Silva for the belt, but at this point I don't think he is that calibre yet. He's Top 10 for sure, but I don't think he's Top 5 yet.

Tim Boetsch is so over hyped right now, he will lose bad very soon. Lombard won that fight hurt or not, I would like a rematch. Hector by KO!

ye
Hector is a beast. Cant wait to see him back in the cage

Forget Bisping. If Stann beats Wanderlei, then that would be a fun fight. I would say the winner of Stann-Wanderlei, but seems like Wanderlei isn't interested in cutting to 185 anymore.

He beat Palhares lol until he beats a top 5 MW it doesn't mean anything.

If he fights Bisping next, he might have a chance when Vitor kills him

The Lombard that fought on Friday night was a completely different fighter than the one who fought earlier this year. Looking forward to his next fight, whoever it's against.

Tim Boetsch is so over hyped right now, he will lose bad very soon. Lombard won that fight hurt or not, I would like a rematch. Hector by KO!

The thing is that boetsch actually did win that fight hurt.

Whether he was injured or not he beat Tim. I almost feel like the UFC had the judges make him lose just so Bellator looks bad to all the UFC fan boys.

Back