Do we believe Hector was injured now?

Palhares used the BJ Penn style punch me in the face a lot technique.

No I think Palhares just quit. Lol

And no, he wasn't injured. Tim Boestch is just a tough cookie and Palhares is chinny.

Anyone with a brain knows he was injured. Im not even a Lombard fan.

In the pre fight interviews you could tell something was wrong but he wasnt gonna make excuses.

Anyone who thinks there wasnt something wrong with him in that fight is just a hater.

Afraid. The man seems to wilt if he gets hit hard enough

Yes because Lombard is known for throwing pillow punches.

Sick of hearing this crap. The man doesn't wilt, go and watch the Hendo fight. If someone punches you hard enough in the face its not about heart, its about chin and Lombard separated him from his senses.

The dude was out cold. Got nothing to do with him giving up.

I didn't see an injury, it affecting his striking or it having him stay stationary. The difference was him looking like he didn't give a fuck against Boetsch. Looked like he thought he was above him and didn't want to put in any effort.

He was his usual self in this, and Palhares is a better fighter than Boetsch, who's in the league of Houston Alexander in terms of being massively overrated. Boetsch has mid-level MW skills, but has won a few fights he wasn't supposed to (I'd pick both Hector and Okami over him in a rematch), and now Weidman's injured, so he gets a step down in Philippou. He's been lucky.

Are people dumb? Ok, I believe he was injured in the Tim B. fight but let's not act like he fought any different. He fought the same, the difference is Paul Harris isn't Timmy when it comes to footwork and movement.

Tim got out of the way, Pauly H. didn't. Let's not make this something it isn't.

I don't know, but I do know the fight was one of the biggest robberies of the year.

Hector looked good but palhares looked scared the moment he felt power.

Anderson would tool him. I dare say even Bisping would out box him with technique and movement. It can't be that hard for a good striker to avoid power swings from those T. rex arms

Lombard won that fight vs botrsch.. Tonight's win was very impressive though .

Well, even though the fight was horrible, Boetsch did a decent job of getting out of the way of Hector's shots.

OMG...here we go. Palhares(match up wise) is like a slow pitch softball lobbed to Hector Lombard. Palhares couldn't outstrike his way out of a doubled paper bag plus with Hectors wrestling pedigree, he can neutralize the ground game of Palhares..

This is what we call a respected but hand-picked opponent for Lombard to beat...lets see his next fight and I'm actually willing to mulligan his fight with Boetsch...

This. And i dont like giving fighters a pass because of an injury. You took the fight and didnt back out so deal with the results.

its not about giving them a pass but it could explain why he looked so unlike himself whereas last night, he looked like the beast we expected from the beginning...lets not act like the fight w/ boetsch wasnt completely out of character...both guys look horrible in that fight and it was a big let down...this time around lombard showed up and looked as impressive as ever...

he underrated boetsh. only himself to blame for losing

underrated him? nothing happened in the fight whatsoever...he def has himself to blame because he didnt do anything to state his case but thats absolutely no credit to boetsch because he did nothing as well...the judges had almost nothing to go on but someone had to win...i give both men less then zero props for that fight...

its not about giving them a pass but it could explain why he looked so unlike himself whereas last night, he looked like the beast we expected from the beginning...lets not act like the fight w/ boetsch wasnt completely out of character...both guys look horrible in that fight and it was a big let down...this time around lombard showed up and looked as impressive as ever...

It's easy to look to have good footwork against a guy who literally stands still. Lombard would have good footwork if he was fighting that version of himself.

Neither Boetsch, Lombard or Palhares have good movement. At least Hector walked in a straight line in this instead of doing a pose.

Back