Do we believe Hector was injured now?

Nope, I don't believe a fighter coming off a loss gets a pass because they claimed to be hurt. For example, I'm a huge fan of Hendo, but when he lost to Jake Shields (whom I dislike) I couldn't say well his back was hurt so it really didn't count. There is no excuse for a loss unless its due to something illegal.

? I am not giving him a pass, either.

Just because they lost and theres no excuse for a loss, you dont believe what they say?

No I just think Tim was a match-up where both fighters cancelled each other out. Tim was stronger and can take huge punches, but Lombard could stay on his feet. It was a close fight and so even that's why he looked so bad.

Valid. He seemed like he backed up a lot though, no?

Lombard fought the way he did tonight because he didnt have to worry about getting hit back or chasing someone.

Give him Briann stann or vitor Belfort.

I always suspected he was injured. That said, Tim Boetsch isn't Palhares.

Im of the mindset that if you step into the octagon then you relinquish your right to claim injury as an excuse.

Either way, Hector will never be champ, and if he does fight bisping Im almost certain Mike would leg kick him to a boring decision finish.

But you better believe that I want to see Lombard put The Count to bed.

? I am not giving him a pass, either.

Just because they lost and theres no excuse for a loss, you dont believe what they say?

It sounds like excuses. Why voice to the public after you lose, "Hey, I had the flu" or "I hurt my knee and it gave me a headache". To me it sounds like they are giving validity to their loss and attempting to take away from there opponents performance leading to victory. I personally don't believe it but it mean it isn't true.

According to Matt Hughes, everyone is injured for every fight, so that's not excuse.
So it doesn't matter if you have a sore shoulder, a sprained knee, or cracked ribs. Because every fighter walks into the cage with the exact same injuries, so it's an even playing field.

According to Matt Hughes, everyone is injured for every fight, so that's not excuse.
So it doesn't matter if you have a sore shoulder, a sprained knee, or cracked ribs. Because every fighter walks into the cage with the exact same injuries, so it's an even playing field.

I agree. Im just saying this because he did look different fighting in my opinion

I believe he was injured but I don't know if he is top 5 material either. Don't get me wrong dude is strong as hell but he'll have problems with more technical fighters standing.

Shlemenko is a very technical fighter and tough as hell and lombard took a decision of him. So can't totally agree with that.

Weird, I remember the crazy hype Palhares had and now people are implying "he's just not that good".

shlemenko would be top 5-10 in the ufc and lombard beat him in a 5 rounder without gassing to bad. People dont understand how good shlemenko is.

I believe Lombard won the Boetsch match up anyway, so this was good vindication. Calling out Bisping was a nice touch. When Lombard legitimately dislikes someone, it's pretty scary.

I want to see Lombard/Barnett first.

Palhares was injured in this fight. See how it works?

ill say it again; its not necessarily about the win.

Its the way he fought.

Watch the fight again. He fought the exact same way. Moving forward until he was close enough to land. Unlike Boetsch, he got close enough to land.

Back