Do Vulcan Gi's shrink???

PistolPeteMMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Vulcan Pro Light Gi and reading about the Vulcan gis they say they are 100% pre-shrunk and can be machine dried. That being said this gi fits perfectly and I don't want it to shrink any. Just curious if anyone has any experience with these gis and if they truly are preshrunk or can I expect it to shrink a bit if machine dried?

Thanks,
Pete

all gis shrink (unless 100% riptop). I have shrunk both my 09 and 10 Vulkan gi's to perfection (about 1.5") and could probably go further, but I dry on high for 20 mins then line dry the rest of the way .

i bought a vulkan pro light one and a half years ago, i wear it about 2 times a week! with that said, when i bought it it fit perfect! and it still does.. realistically it probably shrunk 2 cm or so on the sleeves.. just make sure you dont wash it in hot water and machine dry and there wont be much (if any) shrinkage

just hang dry , its super light so it should take a night to dry it or an afternoon in the sun .

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I love this gi even more than my Atama. I ordered a 2nd one so I have 3 gis in rotation if I don't have a chance to wash one. I only train in the gi twice a week and the other 3 days I do no-gi but I don't want to be the guy with the smell gi.

Back