Do u guys think when Jones comes back, will he ever reach Ronda/Conors popularity??

Jones accepted he was a heel several years ago. He hasn't been humble Jones in literally years so I'm not sure what you guys are always talking about. He went full blown heel. Geez he told DC he would kill him.

As far as his popularity, I don't think it matters. Haters tune in too. His fight with DC sold 780,000.

He has not. He IMO IS honestly struggling to regain the straight and narrow for his family's sake. While he has been 100% unsuccessful in that endeavor thus far, he is far from taking the "F" it that is who I am, deal with it attitude (See Nick Diaz).

Chuck Liddell was no Saint by any stretch of the imagination. He was not a "thug" either. He was just a fighter that took to the nightlife. He was genuine and was loved as such.

I may be the biggest Bones fan here, and I honestly could care less if he does lines off of hookers chests.

With that said I am 180 degrees opposite of you. The inner conflict Jon is fighting is evident to me. I don't personally care if he fails to become the "squeeky clean" greatest Dad, Husband, Brother, Son on Earth. That S is for reality TV. You want "Drama" make a reality show contest pitting troubled celerity sports figures couple in the same house.

Jon Jones & Jessie Moses vs Ray Rice and Janay Palmer-Rice:icon_chee

He has not. He IMO IS honestly struggling to regain the straight and narrow for his family's sake. While he has been 100% unsuccessful in that endeavor thus far, he is far from taking the "F" it that is who I am, deal with it attitude (See Nick Diaz).

Chuck Liddell was no Saint by any stretch of the imagination. He was not a "thug" either. He was just a fighter that took to the nightlife. He was genuine and was loved as such.

I may be the biggest Bones fan here, and I honestly could care less if he does lines off of hookers chests.

With that said I am 180 degrees opposite of you. The inner conflict Jon is fighting is evident to me. I don't personally care if he fails to become the "squeeky clean" greatest Dad, Husband, Brother, Son on Earth. That S is for reality TV. You want "Drama" make a reality show contest pitting troubled celerity sports figures couple in the same house.

Jon Jones & Jessie Moses vs Ray Rice and Janay Palmer-Rice:icon_chee

I dunno, he called DC a pussy on ESPN and told him if you spit on me I would literally kill you. I wouldn't fight you, I would kill you. I don't recall "humble Jones" for several years now.

lol
please tell me you are joking..

I can't speak for what "others" mean by this. I can expand on why I think it is.

Training Camp is a huge broad term. A full camp is often considered 2 to 3 months!!!

If you look at it that way it is easy to see. You don't do MMA related activities 24/7 during those 2-3 months of a full camp. Fighters still have lives outside of the Gym even during a full training camp. Some even take a day off during a full training camp.

Most fighters in addition to physical preparation during training camp also have some mental preparation activity to help them maintain focus.

It isn't for me to question what takes a fighter to that "mental place" they need to be to put on a great fight.

Hell, I'm not taking meditation away from a fighter as a mental preparation tool.

Again not for me to say what puts a fighter into the state of mind to perform in the Octagon. If snorting lines off of hookers chests is what put Jon in that "metal place", I am cool with that!

Like you said, it is NOT a drug that enhances physical performance or provides any positive physical attributes in a training camp.

I say screw it. If Jon needs 4 hookers, and eightball of nose candy up a life sized Beyonce blow-up snort doll's phat ass designed as a perfect fit for Jon's nose NO PROBLEMO!

I think it's possible. But the easy answer would be no.

The reason it's possible is that he's had a very storied career now. He's gone through some controversies. When he comes back he'll have a big grudge match vs Cormier plus a fight against the only guy to have pushed him vs Gus. And there's some big cards he could benefit from being on to raise his star, alongside Ronda, Conor, a debuting CM Punk, plus maybe even a returning Anderson, GSP, or Brock.

The reason I'd doubt it is that he's already had some big fights against big opponents, he's dominated almost everyone, he's always had an interesting personality, he's always been an exciting fighter, and he's probably the best of all time. Yet he's struggled to break 400k outside of the grudge matches,

I dunno, he called DC a pussy on ESPN and told him if you spit on me I would literally kill you. I wouldn't fight you, I would kill you. I don't recall "humble Jones" for several years now.

I don't think he is "humble" either, and don't care. I like his fight.

It doesn't require much humility to suffer from inner conflict. I wish Jon would really let it go.

He has also NOT gone near as far as I would like to see him in accepting his party lifestyle.

It was CERTAINLY not like he was defiant of the ILLEGAL release of his INVALID test or defensive of his habit when it did come up.

I would have preferred the F U it's none of your G.D. business approach to the positive illegal cocaine test. He did not.

Obviously with pending legal actions, his lawyers have advised him on his "acceptance" of a less moral lifestyle after the accident before it is settled in court.

To be honest, I just wish Jon would use some of his G.D. money to BUY a chauffeur that is "cool" working the nightlife. That's it. Literally, He can brag about banging hoes while married doing rails. . ., and as long as he fights the way he does, I'm a fan.

If you think that his defense attorneys have advised him to come off as arrogant and or cocky leading up to his hearing, Well lets just say I disagree.

Jones is a heel, he just doesn't want to accept it yet.

He needs to take a PR lesson from Floyd.

True story. He's immensely talented, but coke/weed/hit-n-run is not something that can be PR'd away.

If he hasnt already hes never going to. People see through Jones act whereas someone like Conor and Ronda come off more real. Like thats how those two are all the time. If Jones dropped the phoney act and just be his normal bad self he would be more liked imo. Nobody liked Rocky Maivia but everyone loved The Rock.

He already did far more than either of them in MMA and he didn't attain it. He has no personality and is unlikable.

If he hasnt already hes never going to. People see through Jones act whereas someone like Conor and Ronda come off more real. Like thats how those two are all the time. If Jones dropped the phoney act and just be his normal bad self he would be more liked imo. Nobody liked Rocky Maivia but everyone loved The Rock.

I agree but conor is a talker and ronda is a immature human being.

Nope but there's always wishful thinking. I would watch every fight.

I agree but conor is a talker and ronda is a immature human being.

But thats just who they are. They dont come across as fake. Jon Jones comes across as fake and nobody likes someone whose fake. JBJ just needs to be himself.

ae0.jpg

Lol. I don't think sherdog will get a jojo reference.

Jon Jones is pretty popular himself.

He has been on Jimmy Kimmel more than once.
[YT]ToafHD-wDno[/YT]

He made it on day time TV on Live Kelly & Michael
[YT]G3MLNTs5TlM[/YT]

He has been on ESPN's first take
[YT]NRT7Ds_1i0s[/YT]
[YT]jG5w0UPAY_k[/YT]

He was on SportsNation
[YT]7gLd-4HiMMw[/YT]

Jon Jones is no slouch in the popularity contest. At the end if Conor keeps winning he will win. But as the years go on Jon Jones will be mentioned through the decades to come. Due to his fights and mess ups.

he just doesn't have the personality to do it

You are insane if you think JBJ is more popular than Conor. Ronda and Conor easily the two biggest names in the sport currently.

let's see what google says, you (*checks the avatar*) goof

conor mcgregor: 10M
ronda rousey: 30M
john jones: 547M

owned

JBJ can gain notoriety but will never be loved the way connie and ronda are

Absolutely. He just needs to keep on fucking up like he does, and keep on winning in the octogon. Jones is doing beautifully, looking forward to his comeback.

Back