Do u guys think when Jones comes back, will he ever reach Ronda/Conors popularity??

Why not? Who is? An argument could certainly be made for Jones. He's the GOAT lhw, without question.

It's Fedor, Anderson, GSP and Jones in the mix. Anderson is somewhat out, really, because of the ped thingy, which leaves Fedor, GSP and Jones.

HAHA WHAT? Anderson is out for using steroids after an injury but Jones isnt out for using Coke? GTFO

He will never reach Ronda levels.... get the fuck out.

Jones is also not the best fighter to grace the sport.

Point 1- Correct.

Point 2- Incorrect.

He's still the most well-known fighter this generation outside of Conor and Ronda. And there's an enormous void in the UFC without him. Plus, and again, he is the greatest fighter of all time.

Depends on the particulars I suppose. I think Jones has shown that he's a guy who will need the right matchup to hit those bigger numbers. I think DC vs Jones II or Gus vs Jones II with the story as it is right now could certainly get bigger numbers.

He'll have to brawl during pressers to get good numbers from any event besides those rematches, and I don't think he can afford to do that again. People might want to see Rumble/Jones still but Rumble's stock fell a lot when DC manhandled him.

Jones will probably never be big; people just watch his fights to see him lose. I guess Mayweather made millions doing that so why not Jones.

HAHA WHAT? Anderson is out for using steroids after an injury but Jones isnt out for using Coke? GTFO

Are you stupid? PED's are different from recreational drugs. Jones never won a fight thanks to cocaine.

All this talk of 'getting the fuck out'. You should heed your own advice, clown.

Point 1- Correct.

Point 2- Incorrect.

He's still the most well-known fighter this generation outside of Conor and Ronda. And there's an enormous void in the UFC without him. Plus, and again, he is the greatest fighter of all time.

Not so sure about best ever just about yet. Most potential, yes. But he needs to smash some more guys.
I can honestly say he is more well known in nothern europe than Conor or Ronda. Gud brought him a freaking ton of attention when they fought and a very late majority of sport fans knows his name. The same can not be said about Conor or Ronda yet (though it will probably change If this keeps up). Of course I dont know much about USA In this matter, but at least thats the view here.

Are you stupid? PED's are different from recreational drugs. Jones never won a fight thanks to cocaine.

All this talk of 'getting the fuck out'. You should heed your own advice, clown.

If you don't see how using coke while in a training camp helps you don't deserve to watch mma.

Anderson is out for testing positive for ped's (that, btw, wasn't used for injury healing) leading up to and after the fight.

Jones isn't out for using coke, that isn't a banned substance out of comp.

We're not doing this again, as what I stated are facts.

You can say that Anderson is still in the mix regardless, cause after all he only tested positive for one fight. That's a fair argument. The other one isn't.

He'll have to brawl during pressers to get good numbers from any event besides those rematches, and I don't think he can afford to do that again. People might want to see Rumble/Jones still but Rumble's stock fell a lot when DC manhandled him.

Jones will probably never be big; people just watch his fights to see him lose. I guess Mayweather made millions doing that so why not Jones.

Well he never did, so...

Quite a bit of projection on your end. Plenty of people watched his fights to see the greatest fighter on earth.

But you are correct in that his popularity doesn't quite match Ronda's. He's still the most well-known fighter in the UFC outside of Rousey and McGregor however, and his return fight will be massive.

Not so sure about best ever just about yet. Most potential, yes. But he needs to smash some more guys.
I can honestly say he is more well known in nothern europe than Conor or Ronda. Gud brought him a freaking ton of attention when they fought and a very late majority of sport fans knows his name. The same can not be said about Conor or Ronda yet (though it will probably change If this keeps up). Of course I dont know much about USA In this matter, but at least thats the view here.

Fair enough but when you consider that he's undefeated after 20-something fights vs a slew of world champions, most of the time making it look quite easy in the process, it's hard to argue that he hasn't already proven himself.

His clear UD over then-undefeated DC (whom many thought was unbeatable) should have been the icing on the cake. I'm not sure why anybody would continue to doubt Jones' abilities or his standing as the GOAT.

Well he never did, so...

Quite a bit of projection on your end. Plenty of people watched his fights to see the greatest fighter on earth.

But you are correct in that his popularity doesn't quite match Ronda's. He's still the most well-known fighter in the UFC outside of Rousey and McGregor however, and his return fight will be massive.

Maybe, but there was all the media and talk about why he was disliked and not a fan favorite (remember Rogan blamed it on racism?). People cheered for each of his opponents hoping they'd be the one to beat him. DC even said after the weigh-ins how fans were cheering for him (DC) and they don't even like him, they just hate Jones. So I don't think it was just me.

Maybe, but there was all the media and talk about why he was disliked and not a fan favorite (remember Rogan blamed it on racism?). People cheered for each of his opponents hoping they'd be the one to beat him. DC even said after the weigh-ins how fans were cheering for him (DC) and they don't even like him, they just hate Jones. So I don't think it was just me.

It definitely wasn't just you. He was/is despised by many. But not everybody bought Jones' ppvs just hoping to see him lose. Love him or hate him people knew they were watching something special whenever Jones would perform.

I do remember the Rogan comment btw. Absolutely disgusting. It's bad when anybody pulls the race card when there's zero merit to it but to have Rogan perpetuate that nonsense is inexcusable.

Some people just don't get the concept of Popularity? McGregor is a current trend and Ronda is current trend/slush WMMA goat nothing equal to an actual GOAT in popularity. Jon Jones has gone down in History as arguably the best ever fighter and you will hear of him in every single upcoming generation from now on..

GOAT status is coveted and prestigious perhaps you should understand that.. just like how Mike Tyson and Mohammed Ali are known in even places where there is no TV.. ppl will tell you there was once a man called Mohammed Ali and he was the best fighter.. Jon Jones is on that pedastal since MMA is growing and he will just grow with it

They are both just current trends and Ronda is arguable WMMA goat nothing special next to an Actual GOAT or relevant enough Period.. Jon Jones will be used as an Example for all kinds of upcoming fighters and copied for many years to come and his name will be out there and outlive him

Only if MMA becomes more popular as well. He still has the megastar potential. I think he will likely be the face of MMA after Ronda retires in a couple of years.

Anderson is out for testing positive for ped's (that, btw, wasn't used for injury healing) leading up to and after the fight.

Jones isn't out for using coke, that isn't a banned substance out of comp.

We're not doing this again, as what I stated are facts.

You can say that Anderson is still in the mix regardless, cause after all he only tested positive for one fight. That's a fair argument. The other one isn't.

Don't forget slavery was legal as shit too. Just because something is or isnt against the rules doesnt mean its a fucking exploit.

Some people just don't get the concept of Popularity? McGregor is a current trend and Ronda is current trend/slush WMMA goat nothing equal to an actual GOAT in popularity. Jon Jones has gone down in History as arguably the best ever fighter and you will hear of him in every single upcoming generation from now on..

GOAT status is coveted and prestigious perhaps you should understand that.. just like how Mike Tyson and Mohammed Ali are known in even places where there is no TV.. ppl will tell you there was once a man called Mohammed Ali and he was the best fighter.. Jon Jones is on that pedastal since MMA is growing and he will just grow with it

giphy.gif

Yes he will.

Part of the reason Conor rose to such stardom is because Jones left the picture. So UFC gave him the entire spotlight. The timing was amazing, and everyone was talking about Conor.

As long as Jones wins, people will pay to see him lose.

Back