Do u guys think when Jones comes back, will he ever reach Ronda/Conors popularity??

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Imho Jones is the best fighter to ever graced this short 22 years of MMA, and the guy is popular, but he really didn't explode like Conor or Ronda. When he comes back, maybe with a modified persona, will he reach this insane level of popularity? I think the guy deserves, hes so damn good... But Jose Aldo is damn good also, and pretty impopular. Maybe the casuals (and even the hardcores) cant see true greatnes yet, who knows!

He will never reach Ronda levels.... get the fuck out.

Jones is also not the best fighter to grace the sport.

He will never reach GOATs level. He is a great fighter. But that's where it ends for him.

Conor's probably not as well known as JBJ.

Ronda might be right now.

It's possible. American's love a good redemption story. If his attitude changes and he avoids more legal trouble while resuming his winning ways - then yes.

Jones is a heel, he just doesn't want to accept it yet.

He needs to take a PR lesson from Floyd.

Conor's probably not as well known as JBJ.

Ronda might be right now.

You are insane if you think JBJ is more popular than Conor. Ronda and Conor easily the two biggest names in the sport currently.

Jones is also not the best fighter to grace the sport.

Why not? Who is? An argument could certainly be made for Jones. He's the GOAT lhw, without question.

It's Fedor, Anderson, GSP and Jones in the mix. Anderson is somewhat out, really, because of the ped thingy, which leaves Fedor, GSP and Jones.

Jones bring the X-Pac heat.

Depends on the particulars I suppose. I think Jones has shown that he's a guy who will need the right matchup to hit those bigger numbers. I think DC vs Jones II or Gus vs Jones II with the story as it is right now could certainly get bigger numbers.

I'm predicting he comes back focused and fired up and gets back to finishing fights again like he did in the earlier half of his championship. Some highlights like the unforgettable moment of him walking away from Machida's lifeless body will reignite his popularity in a big way. He'll never be as popular as Ronda (she's only going to get bigger and will be the most recognized martial artist in the world before long), but he might rival Conor's popularity.

Jones bring the X-Pac heat.

0106-tim-burke-vine-2.gif

He better come back, and no I don't think he ever become as popular as Ronda is in the USA or as popular as Conor is in Ireland

Jones is a heel, he just doesn't want to accept it yet.

He needs to take a PR lesson from Floyd.

He kind was accepting that role in the build up to the Cormier fight.

Back