Do the women think they can compete with the men?

forget combat sports and high-atheleticm sports.

Even in GOLF, women can't keep up with the men. Now why is that? I find it really hard to believe. It's not a physically demanding sport. Yes a 50 year old pro dude would beat a 30 year old pro woman.

I really don't get it. But it's not just golf either... Even with olympic shooting... the men score like TWICE as much as the women.

Hell, even video-gaming. How many top video gaming girls have you seen in the world? It's not like gaming-girls are uncommon, especially in Asia. But the best players are men.

See, this are the things I don't understand. These aren't physical sports, yet the bridge seems to be wider than in some physical sports.

Even in GOLF, women can't keep up with the men. Now why is that? I find it really hard to believe. It's not a physically demanding sport. Yes a 50 year old pro dude would beat a 30 year old pro woman.

I really don't get it. But it's not just golf either... Even with olympic shooting... the men score like TWICE as much as the women.

Hell, even video-gaming. How many top video gaming girls have you seen in the world? It's not like gaming-girls are uncommon, especially in Asia. But the best players are men.

See, this are the things I don't understand. These aren't physical sports, yet the bridge seems to be wider than in some physical sports.
Men generally have more coordination and spatial awareness.

Honestly I think some of them do. But there are a lot of "politics" involved in this. I also happen to believe that some women could conceivably compete and win against men in the same weight class. But again, lots of politics involved here.

The way I see it:

1. In some situations a strength or advantage can turn into a weakness. We saw this in the early UFCs where there were no weight classes.

2. When you speak of generalities these only apply on average and not to individual fighters. But only three people are in the cage. The two fighters and the referee. That is all that matters. The abilities of the individual fighters regardless of gender.

The way I see it:

1. In some situations a strength or advantage can turn into a weakness. We saw this in the early UFCs where there were no weight classes.

2. When you speak of generalities these only apply on average and not to individual fighters. But only three people are in the cage. The two fighters and the referee. That is all that matters. The abilities of the individual fighters regardless of gender.

strength can never turn into a disadvantage. Strength and athleticism is very important. in sport when talent are equal the stronger and more athletic athlete always do better

strength can never turn into a disadvantage. Strength and athleticism is very important. in sport when talent are equal the stronger and more athletic athlete always do better

I do not mean strength as in muscles. I mean a strength as in something you are good at. I'm not a fighter but I have observed that sometimes strengths can become weaknesses in certain matchups or situations. For instance a fighter with more weight tends to often be slower. Someone with a long reach can at the same time be more vulnerable to certain submissions. This sort of thing.

The way I see it:

Oh yeah? The way I see it:

1. You should stop doing drugs.
2. Why don't you tell us some more obvious facts like the water they drink in between rounds is wet or the lights must be on so everyone can see the fight.

I do not mean strength as in muscles. I mean a strength as in something you are good at. I'm not a fighter but I have observed that sometimes strengths can become weaknesses in certain matchups or situations. For instance a fighter with more weight tends to often be slower. Someone with a long reach can at the same time be more vulnerable to certain submissions. This sort of thing.

Okay then that makes even less sense.

You're basically saying sometimes black is white.

Yea, contradicting yourself big time.

Oh yeah? The way I see it:

1. You should stop doing drugs.
2. Why don't you tell us some more obvious facts like the water they drink in between rounds is wet or the lights must be on so everyone can see the fight.

1. I would think this would be one of the most obvious things to someone who has watched or participated in combat sports for any serious amount of time. Sometimes that extra reach or weight works against you. Other times it helps. It depends on the specifics. There are often trade offs involved.

2. I think it's obvious too. But why do people post what they do as if they do not realize it? Generalities do not matter at all. All that matters are the individual fighters.

You're basically saying sometimes black is white.

No I'm saying there isn't really a black and white. Only shades of gray. Or in simple direct terms now what might seem like a strength sometimes works out to be a weakness after all.

1. I would think this would be one of the most obvious things to someone who has watched or participated in combat sports for any serious amount of time. Sometimes that extra reach or weight works against you. Other times it helps. It depends on the specifics. There are often trade offs involved.

2. I think it's obvious too. But why do people post what they do as if they do not realize it? Generalities do not matter at all. All that matters are the individual fighters.

Lol, you're like one of those crazy people that doesn't know they are crazy. Or maybe your the most sane one here! DUn DUN DUN!

Strength and Weakness are opposites though.

So when you say strength is weakness, it doesn't make sense.

Sure, as a result of dedicated effort to build one area of strength, you might have a more glaring weakness in another compared to some top benchmarks in your field...

But still, strength ≠ weakness

Lol, you're like one of those crazy people that doesn't know they are crazy. Or maybe your the most sane one here! DUn DUN DUN!

LOL I don't know maybe I'm just not explaining it properly. I always thought that most people intuitively grasped the concept of what I have been trying to illustrate.

Let me try something else.

81" inch reach (striker) vs 65" reach (BJJ expert). The 81" reach is huge advantage in striking generally (but this isn't even always true) but on the ground it can cause you to be more vulnerable to submissions.

See what I am saying? I hope so. I'm out for the night. :)

Strength and Weakness are opposites though.

So when you say strength is weakness, it doesn't make sense.

Sure, as a result of dedicated effort to build one area of strength, you might have a more glaring weakness in another compared to some top benchmarks in your field...

But still, strength ≠ weakness

It's situational. A strength isn't always a strength. :) Although maybe 90% or 99% of the time it is, there are almost always exceptions.

Well... I should have said it won't improve his popularity, except amongst wife beaters and other misogynists.

I thought she stepped up to him first, like she can take him....and he said something about breaking her teeth in?

This is the fight game, not some male-female squabble at Walmart. There are chicks that can beat weaker, smaller and less experienced men in fighting gyms. Gets worse on the grabass only side, where there are experienced girls who always seems to scope out White belts to dominate.

So if a the freakin' UFC world champion says she wants to beat Caraway's ass, shouldn't it be pretty understood that he's going to try to break her teeth? Why should he apologize?

Stating the fact that men generally have more musculature and that muscle is more explosive is not sexist. Using that fact like a hammer to make it seem that women are inferior is.

Well wouldn't it make women inferior, IN GENERAL, in the arena of combat sport if they were significantly weaker and less explosive than men? WTF is wrong with stating reality.

I do not mean strength as in muscles. I mean a strength as in something you are good at. I'm not a fighter but I have observed that sometimes strengths can become weaknesses in certain matchups or situations.

See, this is your problem, you're not a fighter. You probably never even sparred for full knockouts before. You don't know what it's like. We have women who fights in the ring and not just train grab-ass. During full sparring standup, some guy with 30-50% of these women's training experience, and about the same weight....will whoop their asses if they both went 100% power. Women's punches and kicks, IN GENERAL, are just weak as fuck.

On the grab-ass only side, sure they can submit stronger men if they're much more experienced. But strength matters a lot. I used to win 1, lose 1 vs. this one female purple belt who was about 10 lbs lighter...shit, i was only a white belt way back then...i just use mostly strength + trashy techniques....and this girl won her division at freakin' World's BJJ tourney, the biggest one of them all. She's a brown belt now.

The bell curve probably plays a more important role there. If more males compete, then naturally the top 100 male competitors will be of better skill than the top 100 female competitors by virtue of nothing more than basic statistics.

I thought she stepped up to him first, like she can take him....and he said something about breaking her teeth in?

This is the fight game, not some male-female squabble at Walmart. There are chicks that can beat weaker, smaller and less experienced men in fighting gyms. Gets worse on the grabass only side, where there are experienced girls who always seems to scope out White belts to dominate.

So if a the freakin' UFC world champion says she wants to beat Caraway's ass, shouldn't it be pretty understood that he's going to try to break her teeth? Why should he apologize?

Think we're talking crossed points here.
I was referring to the TUF competitor that said he took one of the girls down and roughed her up with ground and pound because she goes "too hard" in training. The guy who is always captioned as "Lives with parents".
Not Ronda and Caraway.
If a smaller, lighter weight fighter or a woman went hard in training, I might up my intensity, but I wouldn't feel the need to rough them up to "put them in their place". I fully understand that it can be frustrating that in regular sparring power and chin are mostly negated in favour of speed, range and technique, but that's how you learn.
We'll have to wait and see, but it sounded suspiciously like she might of been out striking him, so he thought he'd overpower her.

Last edited:
Back