Do the women think they can compete with the men?

Or Blake Griffin:

BlakePerk1.gif

or Gerald Green:

tumblr_m67yxhyuHq1rzqme2o1_500.gif

I mean... look where this motherfucker's head is. His head is nearly as high as 6'10" Brittney Griner's hands when she dunked:

Gerald-Green-Dunk.jpg.jpg

Gerald-Green-Head-Above-the-Rim.png

The lack of education and level of sexism in this thread is astounding.

What a wet fart of a comment.

Hey, check out the guy who has nothing to say, but wants to feel all self righteous and superior anyway.

What a wet fart of a comment.

Hey, check out the guy who has nothing to say, but wants to feel all self righteous and superior anyway.

He had something to say, it was the lack of education and level of sexism in this thread is astounding.

I think he is close to the mark.

Here is Vince Carter literally jumping over a guy who is 7 feet tall in a game:

tumblr_ly0h586sCL1qzaw79o1_r1_400.gif

Here is Michael Jordan skying from the free throw line:

9gAdk.gif

He had something to say, it was the lack of education and level of sexism in this thread is astounding.

I think he is close to the mark.

An assertion isn't an argument.

Do you have any facts or evidence you'd like to present? Seems to me that some people define sexism as "statements that make me upset, but that I can't factually dispute so I'm gonna call everyone a sexist and chalk it up as a win."

Honestly I think Ronda has a good chance against Caraway.

I think she'd get wrecked going against a top 5 male 135er like Faber, but I give her a good shot at taking Caraway down and getting the armbar.

You're out of your effen mind. Caraway would beat her so bad shed be a spokeswoman for domestic abuse.

Hey, fun question: When women use PEDs do they look for ways to boost testosterone or estrogen?

Please show your work and explain to the class why this is so.

Lol owned!!

Men are physiclly stronger than women in the smae weight class. Take that away and there is no reason women can't be as skilled or more skilled than the men. Women might even have some advantage on the ground as they are more felxible.

Women are not naturally more flexible, they just tend to do things like cheer-leading and gymnastics that involve more stretching.

Even the bottom ranked 125r would one-shot Ronda BTW.

As for women and training, they always go 100% against the men. Then they tell everyone how they kicked your ass, and won't believe you were going light until you wreck them. Then they cry.

I think eventually women will be able to. I mean if you think about 1/10,000 or so guys have enough athleticism and durability to survive in the UFC. Just by the law of numbers if you say there is 1 out ten million women who could survive in a male weight class, you still have atleast 2 or 3 in the united states who are not in a bad way but genetic anomalies like the williams girls in tennis.

I think eventually women will be able to. I mean if you think about 1/10,000 or so guys have enough athleticism and durability to survive in the UFC. Just by the law of numbers if you say there is 1 out ten million women who could survive in a male weight class, you still have atleast 2 or 3 in the united states who are not in a bad way but genetic anomalies like the williams girls in tennis.

Back in the early 70's there was a "Battle of the Sexes" between women's champ, Billie Jean King, and tennis pro Bobby Riggs.

King beat Riggs and feminists celebrated her triumph.

Problem was, King was 29 and one of the best in the world. Riggs was 55. Billie Jean
So it only proved that one of the best female tennis playerers in the world could beat a washed up male player.

And now they're saying the match was thrown by Riggs.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...gs-battle-of-the-sexes-win-reportedly-rigged/

***edited because I had a couple of facts wrong****

Oh, and i didn't know this but more recently the Williams sisters did play a male pro.

A fourth event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams, aged 17 and 16 respectively, had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked above 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.

Braasch first took on Venus and beat her 6–2. He then played Serena and won 6–1. Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun."

Last edited:
As for women and training, they always go 100% against the men. Then they tell everyone how they kicked your ass, and won't believe you were going light until you wreck them. Then they cry.

I don't know if this is true or not, but it sure sounds right to me.

It's similar to when I'm wrestling/play-fighting with my son or, back when we were married, my ex - "beating" them isn't the challenge. Even though I'm a small middle-aged guy (5'5" 160 lb. 44 years), I'm far and away bigger and stronger than them.

The hard part is "winning" without hurting them. It's tougher than it sounds, because they go all-out, while I have to hold back so I don't accidentally hurt them. They can wail away at me all day long, but if don't be careful I could easily hurt them, and then I get, "Why do you have to be so rough? We're only playing!" :rolleyes:

Could Ronda catch me? Sure.

But Caraway? He fights in the UFC against far better fighters than she does. He's not inexperienced.
Pretty much this. Caraway wrestled for over a decade and is a BJJ black belt. A telegraphed arm bar isn't going to work against him.....

Caraway is an awful matchup for Ronda (its nothing against Ronda, it just the talent pool is way higher in mens MMA).

10+ years of wrestling/bjj black belt and he isn't even a top 5 grappler in one of the weakest mens division (that's the difference between womens mma and mens which is why women fighting men is a joke at its current state).

An assertion isn't an argument.

Do you have any facts or evidence you'd like to present? Seems to me that some people define sexism as "statements that make me upset, but that I can't factually dispute so I'm gonna call everyone a sexist and chalk it up as a win."

Wasn't looking for an argument and didn't want one. I can't comment on a thread without arguing? Just was throwing out what I saw. Would you like to dispute my claim?

Back in the early 70's there was a "Battle of the Sexes" between women's champ, Billie Jean King, and tennis pro Bobby Riggs.

King beat Riggs and feminists celebrated her triumph.

Problem was, King was 29 and one of the best in the world. Riggs was 55. Billie Jean
So it only proved that one of the best female tennis playerers in the world could beat a washed up male player.

And now they're saying the match was thrown by Riggs.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...gs-battle-of-the-sexes-win-reportedly-rigged/

***edited because I had a couple of facts wrong****

Oh, and i didn't know this but more recently the Williams sisters did play a male pro.

A fourth event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams, aged 17 and 16 respectively, had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked above 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.

Braasch first took on Venus and beat her 6

Men certainly aren't built for fighting, they break their hands constantly when punching, break all the weak bones in the hands and feet. The low levels of muscle and bone mass in men compared to other apes paints a clear picture, men are weak. Men are primarily built for tool making if you take into account the size of the brain and the way hands are designed. Obviously, you're not up to snuff on your anatomy and physiology, so no reason to comment on the second statement.

Wow, your argument is so stupid.

What about the elbows and knees? Forearms, shins, forehead, etc.? Then there are the grappling submissions? More muscle mass doesn't count?

And do you think women have stronger bones in their hands and feet, therefore, more suitable for striking than men. And no shit that men are weaker than apes. We are not comparing men vs. apes. Obviously women are even more weaker than men, and thus, also weaker than apes..what's the fucking point?

Wasn't looking for an argument and didn't want one. I can't comment on a thread without arguing? Just was throwing out what I saw. Would you like to dispute my claim?

You're asking me to prove a negative? Who's the uneducated one?

God, what a racist you are. Care to argue otherwise?

See how that works, dummy?

What's with all the ball sports BS?

It does seem like some of the women in the house think they could be competitive with the guys that are in there (mostly based on the scene with the guy that got booted for the torn hamstring and next week's preview).
Regardless of them being right or wrong (and based on what we've seen skill wise so far, I'd say they were wrong), I can't see Mr "Lives With His Parents" doing his popularity much good by ground and pounding one of them for going hard in sparring.

This news will absolutely crush interest in women's tennis.

Oh wait, no it won't because women's tennis is fucking great.

Thank you for attacking an argument that wasn't made by anyone here. Strawman much?

I like women's tennis. I was responding to someone who speculated that someday female players will be competitive with the top male players.

I'm not great at BJJ, probably a below average blue, but when I roll with one of our top female players, I go very light and it's still not close. She's far better than me technically, holds a higher rank, and wins comps routinely, but she presents almost no challenge for me.
Granted, I'm larger than she is, but not overwhelming so.
For the record, I'm sure Ronda could kick my ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back