Do the women think they can compete with the men?

Hmm...well you have to agree that a lot of the TUF cast have been looking a bit amateurish these last few seasons. She might have a chance against some of them...

What level of education told you that gender roles in x, y, z culture ten+ thousand years ago are the reasons women have wide hips and men have slightly more muscle mass?

Slightly more muscle mass? just look at the difference between the 135lb men and the 135lb women. it is clearly evident that man Have VASTLY more muscle mass than women of the same weight.

fraser-pryce.jpg

There have been male mixed martial artists caught using PEDs who still don't have this level of lean muscle mass and speed.

Men certainly aren't built for fighting, they break their hands constantly when punching, break all the weak bones in the hands and feet. The low levels of muscle and bone mass in men compared to other apes paints a clear picture, men are weak. Men are primarily built for tool making if you take into account the size of the brain and the way hands are designed. Obviously, you're not up to snuff on your anatomy and physiology, so no reason to comment on the second statement.

Men are built for fighting other men. They compete for dominance and for mates. Always have, always will.

But go ahead and pretend i meant men were built to fight saber tooth tigers with their bare hands if it makes you feel better about ignoring simple biological facts.

Hey, fun question: When women use PEDs do they look for ways to boost testosterone or estrogen?

Please show your work and explain to the class why this is so.

People were talking about Caraway and young and inexperienced he is not. He is a very good grappler.

My curiousity was piqued by your PED comments. I had not heard that any of Royce's competition was on PEDs. Who was it? with source, please. As we all know, Royce tested positive for a PED following his rematch with Saku.

Royce tested positive late in his career. We'll never know when he started but we do know that he was at a substantial disadvantage athletically early in his career, which was my point since an athletic disadvantage is an athletic disadvantage regardless of which gentials you were born with.

Off the top of my head only Ken Shamrock is a confirmed PED user from that era but quite a few of those competitors had some (imo) fairly obvious signs of usage.

The lack of education and level of sexism in this thread is astounding.

I believe that the women fighters need to have that frame of mind to live in the house. Do they really believe that they can compete with the men, probably not.

Ill tell you what tho, a lot of these girld have a HUGE heart and pretty good cardio, if u think just cause ur a dude ur gonna beat em up u might end up submitted. Ur cardios gotta be up to date or some of these chicks might put u sleep. Just saying. And Im a guy. Differences are big, no question about it, but UFC 1,2,3 proved that is not only about size and power. Now its different, everybody trains everything, but dont fool urself. I saw this 120lb girl took a 200lb unexpirienced guy down and smash him. These girls r for real.

Thanks for speaking truth.

Its amazing to me how we have an organization that was built upon Royce Gracie's dismantling of larger, stronger, PED using competitors but there are people that think that a female olympic judoka can't catch a young and inexperienced male professional fighter in a submission.

The huge diffence my young friend is that Royce Gracie is a MAN. Back when the ufc first started, while Royce weighed much less, his skill level was much greater. Nowadays, that difference in skill is gone. Those days of the old ufc days are long gone.

Of course not, I agree. The only part I'd disagree is that she "struggled". A first round finish is a first round finish.
You can struggle and still get a first round finish.

You can struggle for 5 rounds, coast to an easy 5 round victory, or struggle for 1 round or coast to an easy round 1 finish.

The length of time isn't what makes a fight a struggle or a breeze.

That Moras girl really looked like she was going for it in the preview. that Fisette kid seemed bemused of the whole situation though.

Hate this discussion. The correct answer is "who cares?". There will never be man v woman in combat sports. The women are competing against each other, just like in say - tennis. Serena Williams would have no chance against a top pro men's player, but would whip just about any random guy off the street. It doesn't make her tennis matches any less legitimate sport or entertaining to watch. Same goes with Ronda Rousey.

As for Moras - If you watch TUF, there's always a spat between fighters sparring and training when one complains about the other going too hard. What difference does it make if this time it's a girl?

She's also like 6'10" and can *barely* dunk. She's one of the only women to dunk in a game that wasn't a wide open dunk. And there have only been a handful of women who can even dunk wide open.

Compare that to the men, when you have guys like Nate Robinson who is only 5'9" tall doing stuff like this:

nate_robinson_dunk.jpg

tumblr_lrsib1dHAz1qkeg17o1_400.gif

Or Spudd Webb who is only 5'7":

tumblr_mp9vnc9iOS1rpgqqeo1_500.gif

Deandre Jordan is about Brittney Griner's height and does nasty-ass shit like this:

deandrethunderdunk.gif

I mean, look at this shit... right ON somebody:

DeAndreInsaneDunk.gif

Last edited:
Honestly I think Ronda has a good chance against Caraway.

I think she'd get wrecked going against a top 5 male 135er like Faber, but I give her a good shot at taking Caraway down and getting the armbar.
You're clearly thinking too hard.

Are you insane? I don't want to see men fight women, but someone like Caraway would absolutely crush Rhonda and it wouldn't even take a minute. Either Caraway would land one shot that would KO or stun Rhonda or he'd choke her out. If Liz Carmouche can get on Rhonda's back and almost submit her, what do you a think a 160 pound trained MMA fighter would do from her back?
The amount of force behind a man throwing a punch vs a women is massive in MMA right now. The strength of grip and ability to choke isn't the same ballpark.

Yes, Rhonda has great tosses and armbar, but even if she tripped Caraway, he'd reverse her or submit her from the bottom.

I've never been particularly impressed with Caraway's fights or his striking, or his power. That's where my statement comes from.

Also, he's 160? He doesn't look anywhere as big as Barao or Cruz who do cut from 160 to 135.

I still believe that Cyborg could give a good fight to some low level male mma fighters. Ronda or anyone else in this TUF have no chance in hell.
Not only the physical diference, but their stand up skill for what I have seen so far is cringe worth. Caraway would knock her out badly.

The huge diffence my young friend is that Royce Gracie is a MAN. Back when the ufc first started, while Royce weighed much less, his skill level was much greater. Nowadays, that difference in skill is gone. Those days of the old ufc days are long gone.

Just a remark here brother. This whole thing about royce gracie skills being much greater doesnt exist. That wasnt any kind of super power. That was pure Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu vs Pure Wrestling/Karate and etc. All of his opponents trained hard their styles in gym as well. BJJ just proved a point back then. I know this has nothing to do with the thread itself. Just saying that a skilled chick could possibilly finish a guy. Theres tons of stuff to consider i know. Cardio, Weight division, Power. But theres a possibility when it comes to Average vs Average. Were not talking about top guys vs chicks.

I've never been particularly impressed with Caraway's fights or his striking, or his power. That's where my statement comes from.

Also, he's 160? He doesn't look anywhere as big as Barao or Cruz who do cut from 160 to 135.

You say you aren't impressed with Caraway. Keep in mind though, he is fighting other men. If he ever fought a female. His physical superiority would be clearly evident. If his girl friend Miesha tate got Rhonda's back, Imagine what he could do.

Men are physiclly stronger than women in the smae weight class. Take that away and there is no reason women can't be as skilled or more skilled than the men. Women might even have some advantage on the ground as they are more felxible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back