Do the women think they can compete with the men?

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by GSPs FleurDeLis, Sep 19, 2013.

1. GSPs FleurDeLis

GSPs FleurDeLis White Belt

Listening to some of them on the show, it seems as if they do.

I think it was the first episode where one of the girls was saying she would submit some of the guys. It seems like Ronda thinks she could take some of the guys like Caraway.

I wonder if they are aware that their skills are not up to par. They are the best women in the world, but when you watch them fight, they still look very amateurish... especially on the feet.

Are they aware of that as far as technical skill, they are not that good? Or do they think their skill is on the same level as the men in the UFC?

2. T Rowles

T Rowles Blue Belt

I hope they aren't that delusional. Men are better fighters. It's simple biology. Men are more explosive, have more muscle mass, and produce more testosterone than women.

Men are built for fighting, hunting, and physical labor.

Women are built for carrying babies. That doesn't mean that's ALL they can do, but that's the primary BIOLOGICAL function of their bodies.

Here's what I think is a really odd double standard. According to some people, I'm simultaneously supposed to credit women w/being as good as the men, but at the same time hate this Caraway guy for threatening to bust Ronda's teeth after she called him out.

Which is it?

Because if someone believes that Ronda Rousey can beat a similarly sized male UFC fighter, then let 'em scrap.

3. Fox by the Sea

Fox by the Sea Lighthouse keeper Platinum Member

That Moras girl really looked like she was going for it in the preview. that Fisette kid seemed bemused of the whole situation though.

4. shunyata

shunyata Red Belt

Honestly I think Ronda has a good chance against Caraway.

I think she'd get wrecked going against a top 5 male 135er like Faber, but I give her a good shot at taking Caraway down and getting the armbar.

5. flanellograf

flanellograf Silver Belt

You are missing the pretty obvious point. There are weight classes for a reason. Guess what that reason is? The same goes for women. That doesn't say anything about their skills, necessarily, just that they have a size/strength/anatomical disadvantage to men. Caraway saying he would smash Ronda is like Jones saying he would smash Faber.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  6. jensen34

jensen34 Orange Belt

Women also have small brains..brains a third the size of us. It's science.

7. JuliaB4GSP

JuliaB4GSP Purple Belt

Plus, women have less ribs and less teeth.

8. GSPs FleurDeLis

Seeing how much she struggled in her last fight, and how terrible she is on the feet compared to even the worst male UFC fighter, I highly, highly doubt it.

9. jcc3508

jcc3508 Brown Belt

Anyone that has certain level of education can tell the clear anatomical differences between males and females and can easily determine that physical comparison is out of discussion. Men are vastly superior to women in the physical department -which dates back to gender roles in society @ thousands of years B.C.-

Of course there are very very few rare exceptions of women freak athletes but it is widely known that a woman can't compete with a man, she will likely get destroyed and it gives me the laughs when I see these women trying to act tough and think to themselves that they have something to prove when it comes with competing with guys.

Couldn't be better described by the humbling experience of Chris Evert-Lloyd, one of the greatest athletes and female tennis players of all time (#1 player, 18 Grand Slams (more than Federer and higher win% than Federer)). She struggled to win just a single game when playing against his brother in tennis, and he wasn't even ranked as a pro. Imagine what would happen in sports that are far more physical than tennis like basketball, football, soccer.... or MMA.

10. JuliaB4GSP

JuliaB4GSP Purple Belt

Men certainly aren't built for fighting, they break their hands constantly when punching, break all the weak bones in the hands and feet. The low levels of muscle and bone mass in men compared to other apes paints a clear picture, men are weak. Men are primarily built for tool making if you take into account the size of the brain and the way hands are designed. Obviously, you're not up to snuff on your anatomy and physiology, so no reason to comment on the second statement.

11. apostle**

apostle** Purple Belt

She ended the fight via submission in the first round. If that is "struggling" I have no idea what you're looking for in a fight. I agree with the basis of your thread though. Women are at a physical disadvantage to men and that is just reality. The only thing I'd say is that when it comes to martial arts though, training is the great equalizer. I don't mean a female trained fighter can train hard and beat a male trained fighter. Just saying its not some universal rule that women lose to men in fights, period. If a man who has never trained in any martial art for example tries to man handle a female with a black belt in BJJ he may find himself losing a limb.

12. JuliaB4GSP

JuliaB4GSP Purple Belt

What level of education told you that gender roles in x, y, z culture ten+ thousand years ago are the reasons women have wide hips and men have slightly more muscle mass?

13. jcc3508

jcc3508 Brown Belt

Physical differences are inevitable and mean nothing. To me the fact that males have developed certain feats that women haven't and viceversa means nothing to me, I don't see it as an advantage or disadvantage... apparently it means something to you.

In order to attain the basic physiological haslow's hierarchy of needs base the human race needed to hunt, kill, fish (before agriculture was conceived) It is well documented that the inability of men to become pregnant and the fact that a large portion of the productive time of an adult woman was spent being pregnant induced a natural distribution of labor amongst homos (pre sapiens).. This wasn't the only factor but it contributed to the development and evolution of physical differences between male and females.

Smile more.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  14. GSPs FleurDeLis

She finished the fight, but she had a lot of trouble with Liz Carmouche, and she had Rousey in some bad spots.

If she struggles that much with other females, there is no way she would come close to beating a male UFC fighter.

I mean, maybe if she was superior in technical skill than men in the UFC, she MIGHT have a shot. But she isn't technically superior, especially on the feet, and she isn't close to being physically equal either.

There is no way she would come close to beating any male UFC fighter.

15. jensen34

jensen34 Orange Belt

That's just dumb, why would homos do the labor for straight people? It's also not nice to call them homos, I think they prefer the term gay or fruity.

16. apostle**

apostle** Purple Belt

Of course not, I agree. The only part I'd disagree is that she "struggled". A first round finish is a first round finish.

17. CELS

CELS Brown Belt

There are male fighters in the UFC who think they can beat anyone in the world, even two or three weight classes above themselves. Are they delusional morons? No, they're fighters. Their perception of reality is different from ours.

I give you 100 internetpoints for the reference.

18. Victos

Victos Blue Belt

Bringing "You're going to jail now" to events near you. That lady on the bus got an uppercut. Rain some elbows down on a bitch and see how tough they think they are. Would suck to have Rousey throw you then snap your arm so I can see a lot of guys not even taking a fight with a woman. The fallout would be worse than loosing a fight to Elton John.

19. TheNinja

TheNinja Gold Belt

Are you insane? I don't want to see men fight women, but someone like Caraway would absolutely crush Rhonda and it wouldn't even take a minute. Either Caraway would land one shot that would KO or stun Rhonda or he'd choke her out. If Liz Carmouche can get on Rhonda's back and almost submit her, what do you a think a 160 pound trained MMA fighter would do from her back?
    The amount of force behind a man throwing a punch vs a women is massive in MMA right now. The strength of grip and ability to choke isn't the same ballpark.

Yes, Rhonda has great tosses and armbar, but even if she tripped Caraway, he'd reverse her or submit her from the bottom.

20. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

Caraway and Ronda both fight at 135.

Ronda especially seemed to think she could beat some of the guys, saying "I'm the women's champ and Caraway is a mid-level men's fighter so I don't see why I couldn't) until a tranny started fighting girls and she did a pretty quick about face on the topic. So no, I don't think they think they could hang with the guys.