Do the stats show that Jones had a more dominating performance against Reyes compared to Santon?

This was UD, Santos fight was split.

Do the stats bear that out???
Lol, not even close.

Santos threw twice as many strikes while still getting out landed over all and at a 25% to 65% ratio while also getting doubled up on head strikes.

The fact that fight was anything but 4-1 Jones is a joke while tonights fight is very debatable either way and ultimately should have been a draw since it came down to 1 round that an argument can be made to score either way which is basically the definition of an even round.

If thats what he thinks then good for him, he got out struck in the first 3 .. And theres good evidence that Reyes is the better fighter at this point.. Certainly showed a good amount of skills.
Jones is mega tough and because he has the ufc behind him for whatever reason someone may need to ko him to get a win ..
What "good evidence"?

There's good evidence Reyes is the better striker but 0 proof he is the better over all fighter since, unlike Jon he's never beaten top competition in every possible fashion the sport offers.

Also the fact he clearly lost the 2 most important rounds, the ones when you have to dig deep and continue to push forward while hurt and exhausted on heart and determination doesn't bode well for him.

Jon has been a champion for nearly a decade, he's not the one who should be digging deep late in a close fight when it comes down to who wants it more, that should be the young hungry fighter desperate for his chance at the greatness Jon long ago achieved.

It's that heart and desire that separates the legends from the " He was the better man on the nights" if you get what I'm trying to say.

What "good evidence"?

There's good evidence Reyes is the better striker but 0 proof he is the better over all fighter since, unlike Jon he's never beaten top competition in every possible fashion the sport offers.

Also the fact he clearly lost the 2 most important rounds, the ones when you have to dig deep and continue to push forward while hurt and exhausted on heart and determination doesn't bode well for him.

Jon has been a champion for nearly a decade, he's not the one who should be digging deep late in a close fight when it comes down to who wants it more, that should be the young hungry fighter desperate for his chance at the greatness Jon long ago achieved.

It's that heart and desire that separates the legends from the " He was the better man on the nights" if you get what I'm trying to say.

The evidence is that Reyes WAS the better fighter, he had better striking, movement, was stronger, faster, more damage.

Jones was able to absorb the damage and had a strong finish, but never looked like troubling Reyes at any point.. Where Reyes did good damage.

He also spent a good amount of the first three rounds running from Reyes .. Thats not heart .. Thats a fucking chicken not wanting to dance.

The evidence is that Reyes WAS the better fighter, he had better striking, movement, was stronger, faster, more damage.

Jones was able to absorb the damage and had a strong finish, but never looked like troubling Reyes at any point.. Where Reyes did good damage.

He also spent a good amount of the first three rounds running from Reyes .. Thats not heart .. Thats a fucking chicken not wanting to dance.
Yeah but they both did good damage and aside from a split second in the first rd neither looked like they were ever in real danger.

You missed the point though, it's easy to look great when you're fresh and hungry, real Champions show that grit and desire to win late when they are hurt and exhausted though, that's the difference and Jon, the guy who's set all the records and has no reason to still have that fire shouldn't be the one digging down like that, Reyes, the guy who desperately wants to be what Jon already is should be as the young hungry challenger but this is why Jon remains a legend and Reyes remains the guy who "almost fought the perfect fight" ATM.

I don't disagree about the running mind you (though I only recall him doing it a couple times in round 3), I hate that shit.

Yeah but they both did good damage and aside from a split second in the first rd neither looked like they were ever in real danger.

You missed the point though, it's easy to look great when you're fresh and hungry, real Champions show that grit and desire to win late when they are hurt and exhausted though, that's the difference and Jon, the guy who's set all the records and has no reason to still have that fire shouldn't be the one digging down like that, Reyes, the guy who desperately wants to be what Jon already is should be as the young hungry challenger but this is why Jon remains a legend and Reyes remains the guy who "almost fought the perfect fight" ATM.

I don't disagree about the running mind you (though I only recall him doing it a couple times in round 3), I hate that shit.

I do agree that Jones is the man, only a fuck tard would try and argue against that fact..
But i dont think Reyes needs to be that man.. He showed he can fight better than Jones for 3 rounds in a five round fight, so as long as Reyes keeps his profile clean and doesn't cheat (juice) and all the rest of the dumb shit Jones has a perchant for then he can be a better guy all round.
For all Jones is a great fighter hes just a douche bag.. But thats just my opinion and that counts for nothing..

I do agree that Jones is the man, only a fuck tard would try and argue against that fact..
But i dont think Reyes needs to be that man.. He showed he can fight better than Jones for 3 rounds in a five round fight, so as long as Reyes keeps his profile clean and doesn't cheat (juice) and all the rest of the dumb shit Jones has a perchant for then he can be a better guy all round.
For all Jones is a great fighter hes just a douche bag.. But thats just my opinion and that counts for nothing..
I don't disagree Jon isn't a great person outside the cage but that's irrelevant on fight night.

You're right Reyes proved to be a better fighter but he only definitively proved that for 2 rounds while the opposite was definitively proven in 2 rounds and one round proved them equal, this does not a champion make.

To prove himself a truly great fighter he has to do this over a full 5 rounds and prove he has what it takes to dig down, over come adversity and battle until the final bell.

Sure, winning rounds early may be a moral victory but ultimately it means nothing if you can't keep it up when it really matters.

Dom may have fought the fight of his life tonight and Jon may have had an off night and it still wasn't enough to clearly win, Jon's track record however makes it clear that while Dominick may have been his equal tonight he has a long way to go before we can definitively call him the better fighter.

I don't disagree Jon isn't a great person outside the cage but that's irrelevant on fight night.

You're right Reyes proved to be a better fighter but he only definitively proved that for 2 rounds while the opposite was definitively proven in 2 rounds and one round proved them equal, this does not a champion make.

To prove himself a truly great fighter he has to do this over a full 5 rounds and prove he has what it takes to dig down, over come adversity and battle until the final bell.

Sure, winning rounds early may be a moral victory but ultimately it means nothing if you can't keep it up when it really matters.

Dom may have fought the fight of his life tonight and Jon may have had an off night and it still wasn't enough to clearly win, Jon's track record however makes it clear that while Dominick may have been his equal tonight he has a long way to go before we can definitively call him the better fighter.

Ok .. He does have a long way to go, and he didnt get the W ..
I see Jones getting beat, he looked slow and average tonight.. But hes P4P one of the toughest MOFOS out there thats for sure .. But he will get cracked .. And if he ventures up in weights thats gonna come much sooner.

I am not saying I agree with the judges scorecards, but MMA results aren't based purely on numbers.
By the end of round 2, mid-range of round 3 and throughout the end of the fight, Jon started applying constant pressure on Reyes.
Octagon control had a lot to do with the result of this fight too, despite not being mentioned by Jones as one of the factors that got him the W.

Ok .. He does have a long way to go, and he didnt get the W ..
I see Jones getting beat, he looked slow and average tonight.. But hes P4P one of the toughest MOFOS out there thats for sure .. But he will get cracked .. And if he ventures up in weights thats gonna come much sooner.
Of course he will, he's a decade and almost 30 fights into his career with 15 if them being championship fights, father time catches up to everyman (not named Mayweather, lol) eventually, especially with Jons lifestyle.

Of course he will, he's a decade and almost 30 fights into his career with 15 if them being championship fights, father time catches up to everyman (not named Mayweather, lol) eventually, especially with Jons lifestyle.

It will be a thing of beauty ..

Jones will be like 'Ronda hold my coat'

Dude, they fight by the rules. If they didn't, someone could pull a Bloodsport and throw stuff at the other, take a gun/knife to the octagon, etc.

I was never troubled by Gus/Jones I or Hendricks/GSP decisions, since it was clear that Jones and GSP got the three rounds they needed to win by the rules.

If you get what's needed to win, you can and should fight differently, because the rules demand the other guy finish you so he can get the victory.

Corruption aside, the only thing that can explain Jones victory is judges checking their Instagrams whenever Jones wasn't hitting Reyes.

Dude, they fight by the rules. If they didn't, someone could pull a Bloodsport and throw stuff at the other, take a gun/knife to the octagon, etc.

I was never troubled by Gus/Jones I or Hendricks/GSP decisions, since it was clear that Jones and GSP got the three rounds they needed to win by the rules.

If you get what's needed to win, you can and should fight differently, because the rules demand the other guy finish you so he can get the victory.

Corruption aside, the only thing that can explain Jones victory is judges checking their Instagrams whenever Jones wasn't hitting Reyes.
Umm what?
Not to be a dick but nothing you just said makes any sense in correlation too the post you're quoting, especially the last part, lol.

Jones think the takedowns won him the fight. Doesn't he have a point? TDs are huge in the sport in terms of scoring.
The last two rounds going to Jones is not in dispute, nor is the first going to Reyes. Jones only scored takedowns in rounds 4 and 5, by the stats.

Jones think the takedowns won him the fight. Doesn't he have a point? TDs are huge in the sport in terms of scoring.
they are, but i've been saying for like 8 years, if you take a guy down and he gets back up, that takedown should be negated.. takedowns should count if it leads to control for a good chunk of the round, sub attempts, damage, etc.. when its down, and right back up, or down, struggle, back up, i think the getting back up should negate the takedown

Back