Do the stats show that Jones had a more dominating performance against Reyes compared to Santon?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This was UD, Santos fight was split.

Do the stats bear that out???

Last edited:
Why don't you look up the stats and find out?

Reyes had a much better performance than Santos .. The first 3 rounds he lit Jones up ..
Jones is a seriously tough SOB that is for sure .. So respect that toughness.

Reyes had a much better performance than Santos .. The first 3 rounds he lit Jones up ..
Jones is a seriously tough SOB that is for sure .. So respect that toughness.

lol. and he won a UD this time..Bad..

Santos had 1 leg for 4 rounds and still won a judges scorecard

Then again, if you count rounds, it doesn't matter if Jones take him down a 100 times in two rounds if he loses the first three...

First Three Rounds:
1. Reyes had a higher volume of strikes
2. Reyes landed more significant strikers.
3. Jones made 4 takedown attempts in the first 3 rounds, all stuffed, no submission attempts, passes or reversals.

1 and 2 above tell me Reyes was the agressor from a striking perspective.
What point 3 tells me is that jones' wrestling attempts were stuffed in the first three rounds.

The next 2 rounds tell a story where the exact opposite was true.

So, if i were a judge, judging purely on stats i would score the bout 10-9,10-9,10-9, 9-10,9-10 with a score of 48-47 to Reyes.

Jones think the takedowns won him the fight. Doesn't he have a point? TDs are huge in the sport in terms of scoring.

If thats what he thinks then good for him, he got out struck in the first 3 .. And theres good evidence that Reyes is the better fighter at this point.. Certainly showed a good amount of skills.
Jones is mega tough and because he has the ufc behind him for whatever reason someone may need to ko him to get a win ..

Jones think the takedowns won him the fight. Doesn't he have a point? TDs are huge in the sport in terms of scoring.
He didn't secure anything with his TD's. There was no control and no positional advantage. They weren't effective. If anything he was using them to escape the beating he was taking on the feet. He lost that fight but he can keep telling himself he won.

He didn't secure anything with his TD's. There was no control and no positional advantage. They weren't effective. If anything he was using them to escape the beating he was taking on the feet. He lost that fight but he can keep telling himself he won.

And it's irrelevant if he doesn't win enough rounds.

First Three Rounds:
1. Reyes had a higher volume of strikes
2. Reyes landed more significant strikers.
3. Jones made 4 takedown attempts in the first 3 rounds, all stuffed, no submission attempts, passes or reversals.

1 and 2 above tell me Reyes was the agressor from a striking perspective.
What point 3 tells me is that jones' wrestling attempts were stuffed in the first three rounds.

The next 2 rounds tell a story where the exact opposite was true.

So, if i were a judge, judging purely on stats i would score the bout 10-9,10-9,10-9, 9-10,9-10 with a score of 48-47 to Reyes.

So how do you figure they didn't?

The stats are more clear cut for Reyes. More significant strikes in 3 rounds. That's enough for a win considering 4 and 5 weren't 10-8s for Jones.

Back