Do smaller weight divisions duck more often?

Right? He fought Diaz immediately after being embarrassed by him, Aldo in his prime, now is fighting Khabib who's undefeated and the best grappler in the division which is Conor's weakest skill. Dudes a hater.
You could argue that he avoided all grapplers (short of a last minute replacement in Mendes) until he fought Khabib. I don't buy that argument, but the it is plausible.

You're talking about a lot of weight classes, some deep ones, vs. one, slow, shallow, old division.
You can throw in LHW as well. In 185 you get Bisping, no doubt, but even then it's far less as we generally see once we get smaller. (though in fairness I don't think there have been any ducks at 115 yet)

Who has Conor ducked? Lmao
HeCHBeA.gif

You could argue that he avoided all grapplers (short of a last minute replacement in Mendes) until he fought Khabib. I don't buy that argument, but the it is plausible.
He accepted Mendez on short notice who was #1 or 2 grappler. But people hate on that too saying that he was afraid to fight him with a full camp.

He accepted Mendez on short notice who was #1 or 2 grappler. But people hate on that too saying that he was afraid to fight him with a full camp.
I don't think any fighter is afraid to fight another fighter. I think between Conor's manager and the UFC, he managed to get some favorable matchups because that's how you build a prospect. Can you imagine if they'd thrown him to the wolves immediately? He would probably still be wildly popular, but he'd have another loss or two.

I don't think any fighter is afraid to fight another fighter. I think between Conor's manager and the UFC, he managed to get some favorable matchups because that's how you build a prospect. Can you imagine if they'd thrown him to the wolves immediately? He would probably still be wildly popular, but he'd have another loss or two.
Yeah they act like they don't do that same thing to every fighter they want to promote. In the end he fought and beat arguably the greatest FW of all time.

Might as well lose the women then too while you are at it.

115lb men>135lb women

BTW I support both the lower men’s divisions and WMMA.

Obviously no division is perfect and people like Bisping exist, but it seems like as you go down in weight classes, the ducking becomes more common and more blatant, doesn't it?

GDR, Conor, Mighty Mouse ducking TJ, Nicco, Ronda ducking Cyborg, Cyborg ducking the Nunes fight. While at the heavyweight level, guys want nothing more than to break each other's faces regardless of the size difference.

Not unlike woodland creatures, tiny people naturally frighten more easily. Which might be why we should close some of those divisions.

I accept all flaming. Cleanse your sins upon me.
How did Cyborg duck Nunes? They are fighting @ 232... and I would say the same thing to people saying Nunes ducked Cyborg. It just took a while to iron out the details. It has potential to be the GOAT WMMA fight. I mean we could actually see a KO or a war, I'm excited! Judge me.

I would say the higher up the ranks, people start ducking a lot. People don't want to fight guys ranked lower than them that they fear they'll lose to. It worse for the unranked fighters to even get ranked, they can't even get fights.

Back