Do Shogun and Rashad have the most common opponents...

Chramelated

The Real Guy, The Best Guy
Banned
Reaction score
...without having ever fought? I count 8

-Chael
-Lil Nog
-Rampage
-Machida
-Jones
-Hendo
-Griffin
-Chuck

They need to fight before their careers are over.

You make a good point, but we all know how this fight would go at this point... Rashad would just take Shogun down at will and keep him there.

Only if rashad didn't hurt his knee before UFC 128. Image if Rashad beat Shogun for the title, i wonder what would have transpired with Bones Jones/Jackson Camp.

You make a good point, but we all know how this fight would go at this point... Rashad would just take Shogun down at will and keep him there.

This. Funny to think that they almost fought but Rashad's injury lead to the Jones/Shogun beatdown and the beginning of the Jones era.

At this stage, Rashad would finish Shogun. Even at UFC 128, the shape that Shogun came in, Rashad would of finished him aswell.

I'd still like to see them throw down just for the sake of it being a fresh match up and the fact they're two all time greats.

But its crazy that they've never crossed paths.

-Chael
-Lil Nog
-Rampage
-Machida
-Jones
-Hendo
-Griffin
-Chuck

There is no point of having Rashad[#3] fight Shogun [#8]. Rashad is close to another title shot. Shogun on the other hand is close to retirement.

-Chael
embarrassing loss for Shogun, dominant win for Rashad

-Lil Nog
FOTY win for Shogun, boring ass fight with Rashad dont even remember who "won"

-Rampage
Brutal highlight KO win for Shogun, lackluster dec. win for Rashad

-Machida
FOTY win/robbery for Shogun, highlight KO win Shogun, brutally legendary shadface KO loss for Rashad

-Jones
Embarrassing TKO loss for Shogun, embarrassing dec. loss for Rashad

-Hendo
GOAT fight dec. loss for Shogun+flukish KO loss after dominanting, boring dec. win for Rashad

-Griffin
post-knee injury sub loss for Shogun+dominant highlight KO win for Shogun, brutal KO win for Rashad

-Chuck
Highlight reel KO wins for both, though Rashads was a little more impressive and he did it first

pretty interesting, they are almost even in results. Prime for prime Shogun KOs Rashad IMO, but if they fought today Rashad would work him over pretty bad.

This could actually be a really fun thread. I know he's retired but I think Chuck Liddell and Dan Hendo have a similar amount of common opponents.

-Shogun
-Rashad
-Rich Franklin
-Babalu
-Wanderlei
-Rampage Jackson
-Vitor Belfort
-Maurilo Bustamante

Overeem and Fedor have a lot of common opponents as well, and they've never fought against each other either:

Mark Hunt
Fabricio Werdum
Antonio Silva
Kazuyuki Fujita
Gary Goodridge
Mirko Cro-Cop
Ricardo Arona
Brett Rogers

Overeem and Fedor have a lot of common opponents as well, and they've never fought against each other either:

Mark Hunt
Fabricio Werdum
Antonio Silva
Kazuyuki Fujita
Gary Goodridge
Mirko Cro-Cop
Ricardo Arona
Brett Rogers

This could actually be a really fun thread. I know he's retired but I think Chuck Liddell and Dan Hendo have a similar amount of common opponents.

-Shogun
-Rashad
-Rich Franklin
-Babalu
-Wanderlei
-Rampage Jackson
-Vitor Belfort
-Maurilo Bustamante

-Chael
-Lil Nog
-Rampage
-Machida
-Jones
-Hendo
-Griffin
-Chuck

Interesting find.

There is no point of having Rashad[#3] fight Shogun [#8]. Rashad is close to another title shot. Shogun on the other hand is close to retirement.

How many wins in a row does Rashad have right now? I feel like he just lost to Lil Nog.

At this stage, Rashad would finish Shogun. Even at UFC 128, the shape that Shogun came in, Rashad would of finished him aswell.

Are we talking about the same Rashad that recently lost to Lil-Nog and ran all night against Dan Henderson?

His beating Sonnen doesn't prove much as Sonnen is a known quitter.

Are we talking about the same Rashad that recently lost to Lil-Nog and ran all night against Dan Henderson?

"Ran all night against Dan Henderson"???

Did you watch the fight or are you confusing Rashad with Machida. Rashad went after Hendo. Watch the fight before you open your mouth.

"His beating Sonnen doesn't prove much as Sonnen is a known quitter"???

The same Sonnen who subbed Rua in the first round. Yea, he beat that Sonnen too.

I guess so....and I would still like to see this fight

Worked for DC vs Hendo...............
I don't think DC was ranked in the top 10 before the Hendo fight. A fight against Shogun will do nothing for Rashad at this point. Rashad should fight Glover or Gus (depending on if Gus doesn't get the title shot).

It proved more than that silly fight Rashad had with Lil Nog when he forgot he could wrestle. Also it proved you were wrong cuz you picked Sonnen to beat Rashad.

Back