Do people really think that Conor could "one punch" KO Khabib???

I have a hard time believing Khabib is simply going to charge straight into Conor's fists with reckless abandon. This is not WMMA where fight IQ and gameplans do not exist. Kahbib will keep his chin down and circle away from Conor's power hand while looking for opportunities to clinch with Conor and press him up against the cage.

It is also possible he will surprise Conor and shock the world with something like this:

tumblr_o536m3BM6w1ry1rm7o3_r2_500.gif
The way Conor moves, prods and angles tends to cause guys to move the way he wants them to.

Very possible Khabib takes control over himself and doesn't allow it, but it's yet to be seen

Hmm lets see. Conor has done it before. He has power and accuracy. Khabib has only rudimentary striking. Not far fetched at all. I think fight will go to the ground but I don't think anyone would be shocked with a KO.

this fight is exactly like the JDS vs Cain fight.

if Khabib stands there trying to throw hands with Conor, he's going down. but if he immediately comes in and starts spamming takedowns like it's a UFC video game, Conor is gonna be done by rd 2.

Conor has 3 one punch KO's on his entire record, before Aldo, the last one was in 2012. He's has a precise and accurate left, that when placed in volume, can create a TKO, but to act like he has KO power from one punch, isn't that realistic.

3 out of 17 is like 18%

Not bad and can't be ruled out

Are you saying he couldn't, bruv? It only takes 7 psi to KO any man if hit in the right place. MJ probably has more power than Conor does not have his accuracy or IQ. Khabib also runs in and has terrible habits (like dropping his hand and keeping his head up), so pair that with an expert counter striker and it could definitely happen. He TKO's guys more frequently than KO's him, but he can certainly KO anyone on the planet under the right circumstances.

Khabib nickname should be Eastern Bloc because his chin is like a block of Iron.

Even so mystic Mac got that Irish Magic
Yeah, he has a huge dome.

I dont see Khabib going lights out, but I can see an Eddie type situation where it is a TKO. Then again, I NEVER thought Jose would go lights out either.

Anything can happen in the fight game.

Conor hits hard, we know this. That said, I think Conor is more of a shot placement type of guy, he has good timing and tends to catch guys in the right spot rather than just landing with hellacious power. Conor is a counter striker, he needs you to over extend to land the money shot, look at Aldo, look at Alvarez, look at Poirier.

Probably not a 1 punch KO, but definitely could wobble Nurmagomedov. No one likes getting punched in the face, but grapplers are more privy to being the type of fighters who don't or aren't used to it.

I just find that odd.

Conor hits hard, we know this. That said, I think Conor is more of a shot placement type of guy, he has good timing and tends to catch guys in the right spot rather than just landing with hellacious power. Conor is a counter striker, he needs you to over extend to land the money shot, look at Aldo, look at Alvarez, look at Poirier.

Can you really see Khabib throwing combinations with Conor? Like really??? I just don't understand this notion that Conor now somehow has Rumble Johnson one punch power - I think a lot of stars need to align for Conor to knock Khabib out. We also have seen zero evidence that Khabib has a bad chin.

I just don't get it.

Khabib shoots from far distances.

It usually works for him because he fights people with shitty takedown defense.

If shoots long on Conor all Conor needs to do is sidestep and connect on Khabib's fat head.

He doesn't need to on-punch KO him
A TKO from a combo also counts as a win.

Conor is smaller than Khabib so it's unlikely he knocks Khabib out easily.

I have a hard time believing Khabib is simply going to charge straight into Conor's fists with reckless abandon. This is not WMMA where fight IQ and gameplans do not exist. Kahbib will keep his chin down and circle away from Conor's power hand while looking for opportunities to clinch with Conor and press him up against the cage.

It is also possible he will surprise Conor and shock the world with something like this:

tumblr_o536m3BM6w1ry1rm7o3_r2_500.gif

Dear God if Khabib lunges forward, chin first, and flat footed, like that against McGreggor..... Lets just say that is the exact kind of stupid, sloppy, bullshit, McGreggor's camp is hoping to see. Khabib has a lot of skills in his favor to grind out a win against McGreggor, that GIF is, frankly, one of the ways he could lose this fight. Come into striking range like a leaping chimpanzee with a counter puncher like Connor, and you are asking to come to with the ref and your corner all around you.

FaMO.gif

No one should ever lead with their chin against Connor, not even GOATs..

Could he? Sure. Is it likely? I’m not thinking so. But that’s why we watch to find out right?

Of course Conor CAN one-punch Khabib... and in the unlikely scenario that the Dagastani lets the Irishman get inside his head like Jose Aldo did, there is a strong possibility that would happen... Conor has power, there is no questioning that... but I don't see Khabib being near that reckless, nor emotional a fighter... so I highly doubt we see Khabib rush in blindly, and trade punches... mainly because he has said as much... the question will be can Conor's power stave off the takedown from Khabib, or with Khabib figure a way to setup his takedowns without having to stand and strike... remember, Conor is not going to be able to fully commit to his stand-up, he will be in constant defense of the takedown... this is going to be a really interesting fight...

Back