Do people realise Cyborg is fighting bigger cans?

Cyborg is bigger, stronger, much better hands and knees, if rousey gets her in an arm bar some how= cyborg will toss her and pound her

Why do all the people saying Cyborg would crush Rousey, and going on about how poor the women shes fighting are, not realise that Cyborg is beating much bigger cans? How come you can appreciate Cyborgs skills against vastly inferior fighters, but can't appreciate Rouseys? I find it so funny how angry people get at her success. They just can't stand it.

Bigger cans? So are you saying Ronda is fighting weak competition. Glad we agree on something.

Cyborg is bigger, stronger, much better hands and knees, if rousey gets her in an arm bar some how= cyborg will toss her and pound her

Ever see what would happen to Cyborg's Ex-Husband when he was caught in an arm bar. He was also a huge "muscle bound" fighter and the second a skilled grappler would grab his arm his tendons would explode and he'd tape in milliseconds. Christine is built in the same way her husband was, her tendons can't support her muscles and the strain from the slightest pull will have her on the shelf for a year.

Tell me who would have beat her? Meisha? Get out.

We all know Rousey is good im not bashing her. Thee only other female fighters I'm hyped on right now are JJ and Gadelha because they've shown some real skill and don't look like part timers.

Miesha, McMann, Zingano, Davis.. would have all beaten Carano.. Being hot =/= good fighter

And thats why they should fight each other they are both beating cans. Whenever some champ clears the division you wanna see how they would do vs heavier fighters.

And thats why they should fight each other they are both beating cans. Whenever some champ clears the division you wanna see how they would do vs heavier fighters.

You want them to fight heavier fighters who have also proved themselves. Cyborg needs to prove herself if she wants to fight the best, you don't just come from the minors and get to face the champ.

Miesha, McMann, Zingano, Davis.. would have all beaten Carano.. Being hot =/= good fighter

I'll stop with the Carano bit it's irrelevant since they would never have fought. What I'm getting at is most of these women are part timers, any other sport you need to start early to even remotely have a chance because the competition is that great. Thats exactly why Ronda is crushing the competiton.

What I admire about Gina though is that she started when womens MMA was nothing, that shows some motivation.

Read most of the stuff people post and you'll come to doubt it. They may watch the big name fights, the main events, but I'd be surprised if 1% if these people have watched an Invicta or hell a Legacy, fight. A large number of responses all tend to repeat the same fallacy, and if they bothered to watch any of the fights they talk about they'd know they're talking nonsense.
This end thread. Ronda haters gotta grasp at something

Iv been saying this for a long time. Faith Van Duin. Charmaine Tweet (who is 40) and Jan Finney. Really ??

You want them to fight heavier fighters who have also proved themselves. Cyborg needs to prove herself if she wants to fight the best, you don't just come from the minors and get to face the champ.

She was the Strikeforce women's champ when Ronda just got signed and fought on Strikeforce challengers (literally for up and comers) Cyborg was the baddest woman to ever step into the cage at that time. This was when Dana was publicly saying no women will ever fight for the UFC. Since that time Cyborg has continued her dominance and has not lost a single MMA fight!

So what exactly does she need to prove again before she's "Worthy" of fighting Ronda? It's the most obvious match to make in MMA right now and would easily be the greatest fight in WMMA history.

I'll stop with the Carano bit it's irrelevant since they would never have fought. What I'm getting at is most of these women are part timers, any other sport you need to start early to even remotely have a chance because the competition is that great. Thats exactly why Ronda is crushing the competiton.

What I admire about Gina though is that she started when womens MMA was nothing, that shows some motivation.

McMann was an Olympic silver medalist wrestler, Miesha Tate was high school amateur wrestler and started MMA in college. Zingano started wrestling at 12 and became 4-time All-American and National Champion. Fuck even Davis was wrestling in high school and started BJJ in her teens.. also has been fighting in MMA since 2007.. thats like 8 years of pro MMA experience before fighting Ronda

There is absolutely nothing part time about that, so stop it

In a talent pool as small as WMMA, of course it's likely the 2 most dominant fighters are fighting cans. The entirety of both divisions (135 & 145) are cans.

McMann was an Olympic silver medalist wrestler, Miesha Tate was high school amateur wrestler and started MMA in college. Zingano started wrestling at 12 and became 4-time All-American and National Champion. Fuck even Davis was wrestling in high school and started BJJ in her teens.. also has been fighting in MMA since 2007.. thats like 8 years of pro MMA experience before fighting Ronda

There is absolutely nothing part time about that, so stop it

You're right, they really have no excuse for their shoddy technique.

Thats why you get two can crushers to fight each other. Carano is still better than anyone Ronda has fought, she's too big for any of the 135'ers in the UFC as well.

Shut the fuck up when grown ups are talking.

McMann was an Olympic silver medalist wrestler, Miesha Tate was high school amateur wrestler and started MMA in college

There is absolutely nothing part time about that

Womens Judo is extensively deeper than womens wrestling. Please tell me any sport where you can go pro after only playing high school.

This is never ending, I realize your point but I'm a firm believer in starting early.

I dont get why you cant be a rhonda fan and be for her fighting cyborg. I think rhonda would be a favourite and its the best fight to make.

I have a theory: "Cyborg fans" don't actually watch MMA. At least not Cyborg's fights.

Womens Judo is extensively deeper than womens wrestling. Please tell me any sport where you can go pro after only playing high school.

This is never ending, I realize your point but I'm a firm believer in starting early.

Well yeah, Ronda is so far ahead because she was brought up to fight from a very early age.. Her mother is a judo world champion.. you can't say that just because her opponnents were not training MMA when they were 6, they were all part timers though

it comes down to name value,cyborg is the only other big name in wmma. we all want to see it,if ronda wins,the cyborg haters get to laugh,cyborg wins the ronda haters get to laugh. its possibly the only competitive match for both.

Back