Do people here actually agree with Cain getting an insta-rematch with Werdum?

Sadly, Werdum will probably have a lot of rematches with his tenure as the HW champ. He's been around forever and fought everyone.

I don't agree with him getting the TS.

But I also don't agree that he was dominated.

Sadly, Werdum will probably have a lot of rematches with his tenure as the HW champ. He's been around forever and fought everyone.

I don't the fact that Werdum/Cain is a rematch is a problem, its that its an immediate rematch.

I'll happily watch Werdum fight Arlovski, JDS, and Overeem again... if they can earn a title shot. Werdum put the hurt on Cain and finished him. This wasn't a one-punch KO or quick sub in the first round, this was Cain getting submitted after getting his ass beat (yeah, round 1 was quite competitive) for three rounds.

Shoulda had Cain vs. Stipe for a title shot...

I have not seen or heard a single person agree with the instant rematch. Hopefully the UFC will get tons of hate for this instant rematch and they scrap it like Lawler vs Hendricks 3.

I have not seen or heard a single person agree with the instant rematch. Hopefully the UFC will get tons of hate for this instant rematch and they scrap it like Lawler vs Hendricks 3.

It's like the UFC all of a sudden forgot about the whole LW rematch debacle with Edgar

I don't the fact that Werdum/Cain is a rematch is a problem, its that its an immediate rematch.

I'll happily watch Werdum fight Arlovski, JDS, and Overeem again... if they can earn a title shot. Werdum put the hurt on Cain and finished him. This wasn't a one-punch KO or quick sub in the first round, this was Cain getting submitted after getting his ass beat (yeah, round 1 was quite competitive) for three rounds.

Shoulda had Cain vs. Stipe for a title shot...

The way Cain get's injured, he shouldn't even have a top contender fight. Just give him a few tune up fights, see if he stays healthy, then give him the call.

The HW title managed to become even worse than Edgar's run as the LW champ.

Even though I believe it's going to be a very different fight, I didn't want to see this rematch right now. Cain should've fought two other guys before getting a TS.

Quick question. If Werdum defeats Cain again, could he be the one HW to achieve about 4-5 title defenses? (assuming he doesn't retire)

I actually do. Its a weak division. Hes the guy who dominated Brock when he was champ, KOd big nog, took years off JDS' life twice. I think its fair to give him another shot.

Yes. Now that the fight is at sea level things will go differently. Arlovski isn't beating Werdum and Stipe doesn't really deserve a shot off a win over Hunt. Give it to Caín.

It's like the UFC all of a sudden forgot about the whole LW rematch debacle with Edgar

Which rematch? I think Penn deserved his instant rematch after getting robbed, Maynard also deserved a rematch due to the draw IMO. This rematch with Werdum and Cain is just ridiculous.

it certainly doesn't bohter me. and as much as others think AA or Rothwell "deserve a title shot more", i actually don't think they either deserve one NOR deserve one MORE.

the only thing you can count on is no matter who gets the title shot, some group of sherdoggers will complain.

many have been very anti immediate rematch since the 2012 when they had 3 LW rematches in a row. and although each of them was individually ok, the back to back to back was indeed ridiculous. so everyone has their hackles up about subject.

but most of the time, each one - including this one - is not totally ridiculous.

If Joe Silva wasn't half a man, I would strike him down for this pugilistic endeavor.

Nope. Instant rematches need to go the way of the do-do.

Cain is a great fighter and could very well win the rematch but instant rematches are ridiculous to me unless there's a draw or no contest.

This instant rematch in particular makes so little sense. Part of me wonders if Cain was going to pull out of the first fight and the UFC promised him an instant rematch if he didn't. That's the only explanation I can think of for doing this.

i thought i saw 9 people vote in favor on the pole. Virtually no one sounds better, we don't know how many of those 9 were trolls.

out of all the fights to make, they make this one. boggles the mind.

Those "people" are dirty, smelly boxtrolls that do not count. Obviously.

Anybody who doesn't agree with the fight needs to present an alternative and a reason why that fight is better than this one. It's always easy to say "this fight sucks" but you have to be able to say "this is the fight they should have made instead" if you want your argument to hold any water.

Only guy that makes sense to me is Arlovski. And I just don't think they're ready to promote this guy who quite honestly is most well known for having a non-existent chin as champion material.

Back