Do people here actually agree with Cain getting an insta-rematch with Werdum?

tenniswhiz

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I find this phenomenally annoying.
Cain sat his ass on the shelf for most of his tenure as HW champ.
After winning the belt, he got blitzed by JDS in his first defense. He then fought Bigfoot and JDS again and again over his next four fights. And he took AMPLE time in between those fights.

He lost his recent defense thoroughly. Dominated and finished.
There are some other very interesting fights for Werdum, with at least 2 of them offering him a chance at redemption against guys he lost to in the past (JDS and AA).

And God forbid, but what if Cain gets injured again leading up to this fight? It will be a giant waste of time, and Werdum isn't exactly a young man either.

Literally no one on Sherdog agrees with Cain getting an instant rematch against Werdum. No one.

Not unless there are hardcore Cain fans out there, not sure I ever seen one

Everyone knows it's bullshit.

But Dana White and Joe Silva are about as dumb as anyone in this sport. So they'll force it upon the fans. Plus they know the casuals won't care.

the good thing is, if he loses again (which there's a good chance of) he'll pretty much spend the rest of his career in no man's land. with the amount of shelf time and his age i dont see hime fighting beyond 2 or 3 more years (of which 1.5 he'll be injured for)

I know I don't agree with it. You might get a few who will say yes for the sake of trolling.

No one agree, it's stupid because Cain was injured all the time and is not like he was on a Anderson Silva or Jose Aldo run, he fought Bigfoot and JDS(yes i know he was the clear n

There was a poll and it was almost universally negative.

I do think it's still a fun fight to watch but virtually everyone in the top 10 right now would be more deserving than Cain and they would be fresh fights.

Literally no one on Sherdog agrees with Cain getting an instant rematch against Werdum. No one.

i thought i saw 9 people vote in favor on the pole. Virtually no one sounds better, we don't know how many of those 9 were trolls.

out of all the fights to make, they make this one. boggles the mind.

I hate to defend Cain on this, but I feel the need to point out the "obvious" and HOPEFULLY dubs and bans DO NOT also apply to fight camp coaches.

I find it VERY SUSPICIOUS that Cain (Considered the most perennially injured HW in the division) has NEVER suffered from these "injuries" impacting his activity as an MMA fighter EVERYTIME that belt IS NOT in the AKA trophy case.

He is by far the most injury prone delaying UFC title contests when Javier has that belt at AKA to sell "selfies" to the kids.

I wouldn't put it past Javier to be working with his former pupil to attemt to "disband" the UFC HW division and get it in some Frank Shamrock/ Javier Mendez co-owned promotion.

I'd blame Cain, but the "coincidence" is far too glaring IMO to leave it at that.

- Cain was injured

- He fought JDS and Bigfoot twice because a. JDS beat Hunt b. Bigfoot beat Overeem (big upset) were the UFC supposed to book Hunt/Overeem against Cain anyway?

- Again, Cain was injured. No one gives Werdum shit for literally wanting to just "take time off" immediately after the belt.

He lost the fight mostly due to odd circumstances. 2 years away from fighting and coming back up to fight at an elevation that fucks with your cardio against an elite opponent. These factors must be taken into consideration.

its always going to be a great fight, but its kinda offensive how little sense it makes, just kills the buzz on a great match-up.. it would of happened again naturally almost certainly anyways.

It's the best thing for the heavyweight division right now

I'd say I'm against about 9 out of 10 instant rematches. Anderson/Weidman was warrented, I'm sure there may be 1 or 2 at most more that I can't think of off top of my head, but other then that you should have to fight your way back to the top.

Back