Do people have nicknames for you?

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm Polyanna by one friend which is kind of sweet even though he didn't look into it before I don't think, Barney McGrew which was an old kids programme character by another friend.

I've met and am friends with a mod on another site but he still refers to me in conversation as my username. Even when I've lived with one of the people he talks to about in conversation.

Or do you have nicknames for other people?

Another name the guy who calls me Pollyana calls me "fuck fuck". I call him sweetface and donut. I like it, it's sweet being mates with someone where you don't have to call people by their names all the time.

Beyonce from this one girl in high school (I don't know why but she had weird nicknames for everyone and we'd always do that hand thing that Beyonce did in Single Ladies when we passed each other in the hall lol)

Can't think of anything else that isn't just an iteration of my real name

beyonce-single-ladies.gif

(minus the neck thing and swaying because I'm not fierce like that lmao)

Me too, but in Australia this just means they like me. If they start using "mate" or "champ" you're fucked.
I remember catching the bus to uni one day and it was packed. Guy gets on with his kid and is looking for a spot, guy in the back yells out "oi cunt, there's a spot just there" and the guy respond "thanks mate, cheers" and no one batted an eye. Straya cunt.

Another friend, Jesus X knows him from another site. He's in my phone as "knob" and he's cool with that. We know each other's names but he never calls me Louise and I never call him by his name.

In my previous workplace people called me Sheldon, mockingly comparing me to a character from a TV show because i have Asperger's.

I've been known as Mike D. Since high school. I was obessed with the Beastie Boys and my name is Mike D*****. Still to this day I'm called that.

Oh for sure - Very rarely has anyone ever called me by my actual name (Vishnu)

First nickname sucked. In grade 6, I was one of only two brown kids in the entire school - I was in the gifted glass, and the other boy was in the remedial/developmentally delayed group. Despite looking nothing like one another, the art teacher wouldn't stop referring to me as Darron (the boys name). My peers thought this was hilarious, but instead of calling me Darron, the used his last name "Ramdeo" - for all of middle school and part of high school, I was known only as Ramdeo.

Coolest nick name I ever had was "Superman" - when I really got into weight training, I had a very pronounced v-taper, and apparently I looked like Tom Welling (the guy from the young Superman TV show). While I would argue that he was much better looking, I wasn't going to tell people to stop calling me superman, so most of my late teens and early 20s I was called Superman.

Now, people either call me Cal (abbreviation of my middle name) or Big C (because I am quite large)

I have had a bunch of silly nicknames with girlfriends, but the only one that has been used by multiple girls was "sunshine" - no reason, I think that is a fairly generic name that alot of people use when referring to their partner.

The only one that really ever stuck was axe man and I hated it

Back