Do people actually think Mir stands a chance against Arlovski?

Mir is dangerous anywhere and it only takes one punch at HW. My money is on Arlovski but a Mir KO or sub win wouldn't blow my mind.

they both get hurt by punches. I won't say easily because that's full-retard.

I think Mir wins this fight if he fights intelligently. No bull in a china shop approach like against Duffee.

THERE IS A REASON WHY ARLOVSKI IS A 3 TO 1 FAVORITE

Have we all forgotten how bad Mir looks against anyone with good power, good & fast striking and good takedown defense?

Arlovski is arguably the king of all of those categories at HW.

1. Arlovski has statistically the best takedown defense stat in the UFC hw division (89% success defending takedowns, and thats over years of fighting in the UFC)

2. Arlovski has probably the best offensive boxing in the division

3. Arlovski is one of the hardest hitters if not the hardest hitter in the division. The only one who may hit harder is JDS, but thats up for debate.

4. Arlovski has some of the fastest hand speed in the division.

Arlovski excels at the 4 big things that Mir always loses to.

This fight is so predictable, Mir is gonna come in, throw some slow boxing combinations, combinations that guys like Arlovski have seen time and time again... try to push Arlovski against the cage and Arlovski will have no problem getting off the cage and blasting Mir with powerful quick punches that will have Mir on queer street, legs wobbly like he was against Nog in the second fight... then one more punch from Arlovski for good measure to put Mir's lights out completely

Mir literally has a 1% chance in this fight, only because its MMA. If Travis Browne and Rumble Johnson coudn't KO Arlovski, Mir sure as hell wont... and no way Mir takes down Arlovski.

Nice postcount; whose troll alt be ye?

But yeah, both are hittable with shaky chins. One has the drastic mat advantage and the strength advantage, the other is crisper, sharper, and faster. Both get slept by big, clean shots, both have iffy defense, and both are sharp enough on the feet to hit each other. If this fight lasts past the first, I'll be mildly surprised. If the horn sounds on the 2nd, I'll be shocked to shit. Somebody should be going to the hospital after this one. What a dangerous matchup for both. Woulda been the shit 12 years ago, but should not be any sort of letdown now.

A fight between two HW's I've always liked and rooted for. I suppose a double KO would be too much to ask for, because I'd rather not see one win (or lose) over the other.

Anyone that thinks Mir has no chance is foolish.

A fight between two HW's I've always liked and rooted for. I suppose a double KO would be too much to ask for, because I'd rather not see one win (or lose) over the other.

Anyone that thinks Mir has no chance is foolish.

This.

There are 3 elite guys at HW who rank above all else: Werdum, JDS and Cain.
Miocic is alone in the next tier, due to his recent surge.

Then there is everyone else

Mir has proven me wrong so many times I know for sure you can never count him out.

Arlovski should make mir look bad but I have a feeling mir will pull something out of his ass. Like he did toalot of my favorite fighters.
Sexually speaking of course.

These "Do people really...?" threads are my least favorite. Of course there are people who do.

Both have made rather curious and... let's just say interesting returns after losing their chins. So there's no way of knowing whose chin has returned more.

Have you seen how Frank's been throwing leather lately? He definitely does :icon_lol:

& even if he gets rocked he's still dangerous with his jitz.

That said, AA should win.

It's HW. All top ten HW's stand a good puncher's chance against each other.

THERE IS A REASON WHY ARLOVSKI IS A 3 TO 1 FAVORITE

Have we all forgotten how bad Mir looks against anyone with good power, good & fast striking and good takedown defense?

Arlovski is arguably the king of all of those categories at HW.

1. Arlovski has statistically the best takedown defense stat in the UFC hw division (89% success defending takedowns, and thats over years of fighting in the UFC)

2. Arlovski has probably the best offensive boxing in the division

3. Arlovski is one of the hardest hitters if not the hardest hitter in the division. The only one who may hit harder is JDS, but thats up for debate.

4. Arlovski has some of the fastest hand speed in the division.

Arlovski excels at the 4 big things that Mir always loses to.

This fight is so predictable, Mir is gonna come in, throw some slow boxing combinations, combinations that guys like Arlovski have seen time and time again... try to push Arlovski against the cage and Arlovski will have no problem getting off the cage and blasting Mir with powerful quick punches that will have Mir on queer street, legs wobbly like he was against Nog in the second fight... then one more punch from Arlovski for good measure to put Mir's lights out completely

Mir literally has a 1% chance in this fight, only because its MMA. If Travis Browne and Rumble Johnson coudn't KO Arlovski, Mir sure as hell wont... and no way Mir takes down Arlovski.

Arlovski is pretty beatable and unstable. I

I'm picking Mir. Actually I'm considering betting the house. Arlovski hasn't impressed me at all. I see Mir hurting him on the feet, knocking him down, then a sub to finish the fight.

Both have questionable chins.

Either man can win with just one nice 1,2 combo.

Mir is very confident and very big. Don't sleep on him. Andre has the advantage, but don't sleep on Frank.

I'm picking Mir. Arlovski has miserable striking defense and it will come down to the chin that holds better.

Mir's hands have improved greatly in the last few fights. To say either fighter is a lock I'd moronic

Because Hunt has showed some devastating KO power in his last 5 fights where he went 1-4, which his only win being against your #2, Roy... while Arlovski has only been KOing people back to back, no big deal right?

and,

andrei-arlovski_roy-nelson.gif

Them being not able to implement their power does not change the fact that they pack more in a singular punch. Try to stay coherent here.

I'm picking Mir. Arlovski has miserable striking defense and it will come down to the chin that holds better.

You gotta give him credit that it has improved his last several fights since he joined Greg Jackson. His movement is better and he doent get caught against the cage, that is why he got KO'd by Rogers and Sergei and lost to Silva in that bad string of fights.

Mir has a great shot to win this fight as well, I pick Andrei but with their power and their ability to take a shot it can go either way.

Back