Do people actually think Mir stands a chance against Arlovski?

shinbone28

White Belt
Reaction score
THERE IS A REASON WHY ARLOVSKI IS A 3 TO 1 FAVORITE

Have we all forgotten how bad Mir looks against anyone with good power, good & fast striking and good takedown defense?

Arlovski is arguably the king of all of those categories at HW.

1. Arlovski has statistically the best takedown defense stat in the UFC hw division (89% success defending takedowns, and thats over years of fighting in the UFC)

2. Arlovski has probably the best offensive boxing in the division

3. Arlovski is one of the hardest hitters if not the hardest hitter in the division. The only one who may hit harder is JDS, but thats up for debate.

4. Arlovski has some of the fastest hand speed in the division.

Arlovski excels at the 4 big things that Mir always loses to.

This fight is so predictable, Mir is gonna come in, throw some slow boxing combinations, combinations that guys like Arlovski have seen time and time again... try to push Arlovski against the cage and Arlovski will have no problem getting off the cage and blasting Mir with powerful quick punches that will have Mir on queer street, legs wobbly like he was against Nog in the second fight... then one more punch from Arlovski for good measure to put Mir's lights out completely

Mir literally has a 1% chance in this fight, only because its MMA. If Travis Browne and Rumble Johnson coudn't KO Arlovski, Mir sure as hell wont... and no way Mir takes down Arlovski.

Arlovski has a pretty poor chin and frank can land. That being said if arlovski is in the right mind set he should win by tko.

Arlovski got gifted a decision against Brandon Schwab

would brendan schwab beat big foot and browne?

please, and the guys were former SPARRING PARTNERS.. it was barely a sparring match. very boring... besides, arlovski won that fight anyway.

Arlovski on his best day would light up schaub

Arlovski may be the favorite, but Frank Mir always stands a chance against anyone. If this fight ends up on the ground, Arlovski probably won't win it.

Arlovski has a pretty poor chin and frank can land. That being said if arlovski is in the right mind set he should win by tko.

Frank Mir has even a worse chin dude, guy gets rocked so easily

Arlovski has taken some hard shots in his past 10/11 fights IN WHICH HE HASNT BEEN KNOCKED OUT.

Rumble Johnson couldnt even KO Arlovski.. Browne couldnt KO arlovski, Big Foot couldnt KO Arlovski... those guys can land too.. and have KOd numerous guys

u really think Mir is gonna end the streak of Arlovski's chin holding up?

Arlovski may be the favorite, but Frank Mir always stands a chance against anyone. If this fight ends up on the ground, Arlovski probably won't win it.

Yeah cuz the guy with some of the worst takedowns in the HW division is gonna takedown the guy with the best takedown defense stat in the division.

That fight is never touching the ground.

Even Werdum has better takedowns than Mir, and he could not get Arlovski to the ground and lost on the feet

I can easily see either fighter unconscious on the canvas.

Arlovski is going to demolish him standing. Horrible match uo for Mir's style IMO. AA is far too fast and nimble on his feet for Mir to catch him. I see Mir getting caught on the cage and getting knocked out silly.

I can easily see either fighter unconscious on the canvas.

Mir, the glass chinned grappler who thinks he can strike because he throws those super slow uppercut left hook combos is not gonna KO Arlovski, whose chin has not let him down in over 10 fights including fights against harder hitters and better strikers than Mir.

Mir is not gonna exchange with Arlovski who is much quicker and has much better boxing.. Hes gonna be desperately trying to push Arlovski to the cage to try to grind out a decision or get the fight to the ground, and hes gonna get KOd eventually, likely in the first.

This fight is probably one of the most predictable fights ever

Yeah cuz the guy with some of the worst takedowns in the HW division is gonna takedown the guy with the best takedown defense stat in the division.

That fight is never touching the ground.

Even Werdum has better takedowns than Mir, and he could not get Arlovski to the ground and lost on the feet

Yeah cuz I didn't say Mir was going to take him down, did I? I said "if it ends up on the ground". Big difference. Fights go to the ground in more ways than one.

Never count out Mir.

This ^

OughLye.gif

I like Arlovski and I'd like him to beat everyone at HW except Werdum, but I wouldn't call him the 'hardest hitter' in the division.

JDS & Hunt are definitely up there.

Mir can submit or KO AA but this is a high likely hood AA will KO Mir in the first round.

Yeah cuz I didn't say Mir was going to take him down, did I? I said "if it goes to the ground". Big difference. Fights go to the ground in more ways than one.

Reminds me of Nog vs Mir 2

Nog rocked mir then tried to sub him

gave mir the chance to sub Nog

One of my favorite comebacks in UFC history

I like Arlovski and I'd like him to beat everyone at HW except Werdum, but I wouldn't call him the 'hardest hitter' in the division.

JDS & Hunt are definitely up there.

I said arguably one of the hardest hitters if not the hardest hitter. I also said JDS may be the only one that might hit harder, but even thats up for debate.

The guy has KOd some guys that have never been KOd and also has some of the most devastating lights out KOs on his resume. Not to mention his most recent KOs.

Back