Do people actually eat cheese with wine?

Roquefort, a blue sheeps cheese is my favourite pairing for a robust red ATM, then a particularly mature crumbly cheddar. On matzos with salted butter.

Roquefort.jpg

I think the idea is that you're eating something to dilute the alcohol. It could anything but the French have a burning passion for cheese.

Nah it's all about the taste. The high fat and protein balances the taste of the tannings, it's changes the way you taste, kind of opens you up to flavour.

People keep asking me if I should have some cheese with that wine and the worst thing is I never actually get offered any cheese or wine

I'm wondering does like the cheese enhance the alcohol experience or vice versa?

Because I'm thinking I might pick up an assortment of cheeses and wines tonight

From the est coast eh?

Processo and cheese is the best desert ever!

Oh my gosh can you show me

Do you actually cut up the cheese and put it in the wine????

oh shit I just replied to your tag, I didn't even realize this thread was about wine and cheese and it turns out I'm doing wine and cheese. how apropos.
and yes, wine, cheese, grapes and baguette into a blender and sip on a lovely smoothie around the fire.

It’s all fake and the most comical thing to be pretentious about ever.

But yes I’ve had cheese with wine before. Went to a wine tasting party at a dentists house who was an old friend of my father. I at a good amount of cheese, but kept wanting to laugh at the absurdity of the whole thing.

Those who laugh at those pretending to be “cultured,” who don’t act overly faux cultured, are the true cultured. I can go into a bar in any country in the world and fit in with men..

A nice red wine with a nice steak is fucking awesome. And some nice red win with some cheese is also good.

Wine and cheese is awesome except it gets pretty expensive real fast. :(

Back