Do people actually eat cheese with wine?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
People keep asking me if I should have some cheese with that wine and the worst thing is I never actually get offered any cheese or wine

I'm wondering does like the cheese enhance the alcohol experience or vice versa?

Because I'm thinking I might pick up an assortment of cheeses and wines tonight

Yes it's really a thing and is supposed to enhance the experience and offset any possible dry mouth feeling. However I believe having anything to snack on works fine also.

People keep asking me if I should have some cheese with that wine and the worst thing is I never actually get offered any cheese or wine

I'm wondering does like the cheese enhance the alcohol experience or vice versa?

Because I'm thinking I might pick up an assortment of cheeses and wines tonight

yes, it's well-known that wine and cheese pair really well. to me, it enhances both and makes for a new, interesting flavor when combining both. like sharp cheddar goes well with red wine, at least to me. and brie cheese goes well with sauvignon blanc. generally speaking.

Last edited:
A nice Friday night is a spicy gorgonzola, a nice chianti, a nice home made bread and a few Italian meats. It goes REALLY well just slammed on a board while listening to music and putting the week away.

It's a delicious combo that makes you feel so sophisticated too.

20200524_201626.jpg

Back