Do or Die Fight for Mark Munoz - One Chance to Let the World Knows He Means Business

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Mark Munoz is a good fighter, there's no question about that. He's racked up some decent wins over Boetsch, Leben, Maia, Simpson, but he's faltered when faced with serious opposition.

This fight he's getting with Lyoto Machida is a god send, and if he's able to overcome Vera syndrome, he'll be considered a legitimate threat to the MW title.

If he loses here, chances are he'll suffer the same fate as Okami. Maybe not immediately, he will probably hang around for a few years as the protector of the belt holder, a stepping stone, until Dana's had enough of him..

As for his chances of winning.. very slim.

Getting Machida is far from a god send. Poor Mark such a good guy he should be fighting Kennedy or something where he stands more of a chance. MAchida is a nightmare match up for just about anyone

Munoz lost his chance of ever fighting for the MW belt when he signed the contract to face Chris Weidman

I don't think he'll be cut with a loss. On paper, this is a horrible matchup for him unless Machida's supposed new aggression costs him.

if anything its do or die for machida hes coming off a loss and some boring wins and a questionable fight with hendo and looks like he cant pull the trigger anymore

Munoz should just straight up duck Machida and I would be fine with that :p

But seriously why should he fight Machida who just came to division and without any fight in MW

And Machida is such a horrible match up for Munoz. Rooting for Munoz but its gonna be a hard fight for him

I would agree with this post except he's fighting the most unorthodox guys he has ever fought. He is going to look silly against Machida but most likely most guys in the division will.

If Munoz can somehow connect with that Donkey Kong right hand, he could finish Machida. I don't think I can see him pummeling Machida the way he did against Boetch last fight. Maybe grind out a decision if he can take him down like Phil did.

Tough fight for the Filipino Wrecking Machine, but still pulling for him.

dont think munoz will be cut bec of a loss against machida. more like a low risk, high reward fight for him too.

i don't understand how this is do or die considering it'll be the toughest matchup of his career.

he will get another chance if he loses, last minute change of opponent and all that, is there any news on how long bisping is going to be out?

The only Chance Mark has is a punchers chance cuz other then that Machida is gonna smak dat azz

Back