Do NOT be a criminal in the Philippines

Well considering the current circumstances in the Philippines, it's probably best just to not be there at all.

That's true and that's one thing that still baffles me. I made sure everywhere I lived had a shower. I just don't get it. A shower head is super cheap to buy and install, so why doesn't everyone do it?

(no offense to anyone)

Try standing under a low-pressure cold-water shower for a while...Chinese water torture is probably more fun than that :) I use the bucket and dipper method, and it works well once you get used to it. Little things like that are easy to adjust to, but a corrupt culture isn't. Hard to believe you have been here two years and are just now realizing almost everything here isn't what it seems. I thought you were working for the Philippines tourism dept with that your first posts on this thread..haha. Also, I'm of the opinion things will get much worse before they get better in this country, if they ever do get better.

That's true and that's one thing that still baffles me. I made sure everywhere I lived had a shower. I just don't get it. A shower head is super cheap to buy and install, so why doesn't everyone do it? It's much more effective than dumping water on yourself. I guess they're just used to the old crappy ways and see no reason to change for the better. It's like how some people here eat rice with their hands. Not only that, but they put a lot of sauces in the rice to make it real messy, like soy sauce, chicken oil, vinegar.. Then they play with it with their hands and make balls of rice. I think that's gross but they like doing it because that's their tradition from a long time ago.

(no offense to anyone)
LOL but what you're doing are the things you learned. not better, not worse, just different.

Your username will go very handy in a Philippine prison.
12710061ec1b8ec6b7fa09807a2b4f6c7c208950ddab1952d95037fcb0c754fc.jpg

Dear Lord, I am never committing a crime in the pi..

I've been living in the Philippines for the last 2 years. I'm originally from Georgia. Actually, it's not that strict here like you might think. The police really don't enforce most laws. You can get away with a lot of shit here. Seems like the police just care about major crimes.

I was there a couple months ago, defs not as bad as ppl think. Enjoyed my stay fersure lol

That's what people on sherdog are saying. I don't think foreigners with money in the bank will have much to worry about though. I'm not working here or going to school or anything like that. The exchange ratio is around 47 pesos for $1. When I first moved here, I was renting a big 1 bedroom apartment for only about $95 a month. I didn't like the area and moved to a nicer place, but it's still really cheap compared to USA. Electricity is only like $20-40 a month, and that's with an air conditioner, washing machine, etc. You can live as cheap or as expensive here as you want. Fast food places are the same price as America usually, same with starbucks, etc. If you go out everyday and do a lot of stuff then you will start spending more money, but you can have a good life here on a low budget. I'm walking distance from the 4th biggest mall in the world. There's bars at the mall itself so I'm safe and don't have to worry about going to a shady place and getting mugged or scammed or anything. Beer is only about $1. Women here love white guys and I always get so much attention. I always feel like a rockstar here. I'm like a king. I guess it also helps that I'm 6'4 lol. I've never had a problem getting girls here and I'd never pay for a prostitute, that's gross. I guess it helps that I'm only 28. Most foreigners here are really old. Oh yeah and most people here speak English, which definitely makes it easy for foreigners to live here. All the girls that I dated had college degrees and were fluent in English.

Oh yeah, and I went to my first live UFC event here in the Philippines, which is nice. Shitty main event though. That's the good thing about Manila, there's a lot of sporting events, concerts, etc. I'm from a small town in USA and never got to experience those things.

Loved it out there. But you're right the women there love us white dudes. Defs can't wait to go back soon

Try standing under a low-pressure cold-water shower for a while...Chinese water torture is probably more fun than that :) I use the bucket and dipper method, and it works well once you get used to it. Little things like that are easy to adjust to, but a corrupt culture isn't. Hard to believe you have been here two years and are just now realizing almost everything here isn't what it seems. I thought you were working for the Philippines tourism dept with that your first posts on this thread..haha. Also, I'm of the opinion things will get much worse before they get better in this country, if they ever do get better.

You may not believe this Steve I am in the tourism bussiness in the RP. So I have to sell vacation packages to Germans,Swiss and Swedes.

Its more fun in the Soviet Peoples Republic of Phillipines.

oh Steve Watch out for the purges done by the commies and the counter purges of the Anti communist nationalist.

I have a real feeling things are going to shit soon.

Jesus H. Christ the Duterturds on Facebook are openly calling all Dutertards to murder the anti Duterte people and there have been a lot of murders already.

They're drug trafficers/dealers.

They're getting what they deserve.
no. they are being accused of being drug traffickers and dealers. at this point, the mere accusation could get you murdered and dumped in an alley and people looking to get rid of somebody are taking advantage of it.

Its really bad if you have to work and live here and will get worst soon!!
Yeah, a vacation might be OK now, but this isn't the best time to plan to relocate here. Most murders of foreigners go unsolved, and it's even easier to get away with it now. I don't go out after dark anymore, and even limit my daytime outings since all this started. Honestly, most Filipinos don't want us "white guys" here, unless we are benefiting them in some manner. Beneath the fake smiles and friendly banter lies resent, envy and even hatred. And it's only getting worse with Duterte in office. :(

no. they are being accused of being drug traffickers and dealers. at this point, the mere accusation could get you murdered and dumped in an alley and people looking to get rid of somebody are taking advantage of it.

This...

The government is using the War on Drugs as a tool to intimidate the people meanwhile the police themsrlves re sells the meth they have confiscated and they allow Chinese illegal immigrants to smugle drugs into the country.

Oh the Pressident Duterte even gave the communist terrorist groups the permission to Murder people suspected of Drug dealing.

Contrary to popular belief there are also tons of Mentally ill people in the Philippines hundreds have un treated Depression due to poverty.

Yeah, a vacation might be OK now, but this isn't the best time to plan to relocate here. Most murders of foreigners go unsolved, and it's even easier to get away with it now. I don't go out after dark anymore, and even limit my daytime outings since all this started. Honestly, most Filipinos don't want us "white guys" here, unless we are benefiting them in some manner. Beneath the fake smiles and friendly banter lies resent, envy and even hatred. And it's only getting worse with Duterte in office. :(

I saw this going down about a year ago thats why I deleted my FB and other social media activity.

I also try to limit my day time activity and I am very suspicious of my fellow Filipino neighbors as they could be Communists.

I avoid talking a about politics in public.

I saw this going down about a year ago thats why I deleted my FB and other social media activity.

I also try to limit my day time activity and I am very suspicious of my fellow Filipino neighbors as they could be Communists.

I avoid talking a about politics in public.
I would be especially careful if I was you. You might get mistaken for a drug addict with that pubic hair beard of yours :D

I would be especially careful if I was you. You might get mistaken for a drug addict with that pubic hair beard of yours :D

Haha There was a time when I was a guitarist for Heavy Metal cover band Cab drivers refuse to pick me up since they see a man with a pubic hair beard long hair and wearing all black with a sleeveless shirt.

Back