Do NOT be a criminal in the Philippines

Don't be a criminal. Period

These heavy-handed tactics are one of those things that is great in theory but awful in practice. Its not like this hasn't been tried before over the course of thousands of years of human history. We evolved a justice system for a reason, because shit like this invariably gets out of control and creates a whole new set of problems, worse than when it started.

I've been living in the Philippines for the last 2 years. I'm originally from Georgia. Actually, it's not that strict here like you might think. The police really don't enforce most laws. You can get away with a lot of shit here. Seems like the police just care about major crimes.

Don't be a fucking citizen is the better option. If you are escape that shit hole.

Don't be a fucking citizen is the better option. If you are escape that shit hole.

It's actually not that bad here. If you have a college education and a decent job then life here can be pretty good. There's a ton of white guys living here. I'm one of them. Things are cheap, beautiful women are plenty, there's great nature such as beaches and mountains. The people are nice and friendly and welcoming. The streets might be dirty and full of trash, and there might be a lot homeless beggars, but if you can get past that, it's a pretty cool place imo.

It's actually not that bad here. If you have a college education and a decent job then life here can be pretty good. There's a ton of white guys living here. I'm one of them. Things are cheap, beautiful women are plenty, there's great nature such as beaches and mountains. The people are nice and friendly and welcoming. The streets might be dirty and full of trash, and there might be a lot homeless beggars, but if you can get past that, it's a pretty cool place imo.

Love the AV. My favorite beer there.

Love the AV. My favorite beer there.

Same here! If you want to get drunk then that will surely do it lol. It tastes good too, considering it's 6.9% alcohol. It just tastes like a normal beer to me and goes down smooth.

Enjoy it while you can then. Duerte is going to fuck the country in the ass.

That's what people on sherdog are saying. I don't think foreigners with money in the bank will have much to worry about though. I'm not working here or going to school or anything like that. The exchange ratio is around 47 pesos for $1. When I first moved here, I was renting a big 1 bedroom apartment for only about $95 a month. I didn't like the area and moved to a nicer place, but it's still really cheap compared to USA. Electricity is only like $20-40 a month, and that's with an air conditioner, washing machine, etc. You can live as cheap or as expensive here as you want. Fast food places are the same price as America usually, same with starbucks, etc. If you go out everyday and do a lot of stuff then you will start spending more money, but you can have a good life here on a low budget. I'm walking distance from the 4th biggest mall in the world. There's bars at the mall itself so I'm safe and don't have to worry about going to a shady place and getting mugged or scammed or anything. Beer is only about $1. Women here love white guys and I always get so much attention. I always feel like a rockstar here. I'm like a king. I guess it also helps that I'm 6'4 lol. I've never had a problem getting girls here and I'd never pay for a prostitute, that's gross. I guess it helps that I'm only 28. Most foreigners here are really old. Oh yeah and most people here speak English, which definitely makes it easy for foreigners to live here. All the girls that I dated had college degrees and were fluent in English.

Oh yeah, and I went to my first live UFC event here in the Philippines, which is nice. Shitty main event though. That's the good thing about Manila, there's a lot of sporting events, concerts, etc. I'm from a small town in USA and never got to experience those things.

Last edited:

As long as he cleans up Lawis street in Pasil then all the power to him. Meth runners and pushers all over there. I had Red Horse with some of them from time to time. There were two murders on that street within 3 months over meth. That place desperately needs a huge sweeping raid.

I found waldo and he's touching his balls.

that's nothing,the prisons in the UK are far worst,i think they are still using PlayStation 2 in the cells of some of their prisoners.

that's nothing,the prisons in the UK are far worst,i think they are still using PlayStation 2 in the cells of some of their prisoners.

There is a guy who I use to know use to post more instagram photos while locked in an English prison than I was while traveling America.

These heavy-handed tactics are one of those things that is great in theory but awful in practice. Its not like this hasn't been tried before over the course of thousands of years of human history. We evolved a justice system for a reason, because shit like this invariably gets out of control and creates a whole new set of problems, worse than when it started.

We'll just have to see if the Philippine government's recent actions towards criminality will have a positive or negative effect in the future.

Unless you wanna sleep naked right next to 600 or so smelly guys.
article-doc-dp6c9-51pBxSWwoY7bf7fb5320779c3563-428_634x421.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3715765/Philippine-crime-war-packs-decaying-jails.html

Mario Dimaculangan shares a toilet with 130 other inmates in one of the Philippines' most overcrowded jails, and conditions are getting worse as police wage an unprecedented war on crime.

Security forces have killed hundreds of people and detained thousands more in just one month as they have followed the orders of President Rodrigo Duterte, who has said the top priority at the start of his six-year term is to eliminate drugs in society.

Those detained appear doomed for lengthy stints in an underfunded and overwhelmed penal system, like in the Quezon City Jail where Dimaculangan has wallowed for 14 years while his trial over murder and robbery charges have dragged on.

I wonder if thebanker is now in general population with those smelly guys..

Hehehe.

I've been living in the Philippines for the last 2 years. I'm originally from Georgia. Actually, it's not that strict here like you might think. The police really don't enforce most laws. You can get away with a lot of shit here. Seems like the police just care about major crimes.

Lol your username and AV makes me want to drink again and get some sisig,Liempo and Tokwat Baboy...

Lol your username and AV makes me want to drink again and get some sisig,Liempo and Tokwat Baboy...

I just got done eating sisig haha. I was going to drink but there's like a million people out there since it's the weekend so I couldn't be bothered. Where do you live at? I'm at sm north, qc.

I just got done eating sisig haha. I was going to drink but there's like a million people out there since it's the weekend so I couldn't be bothered. Where do you live at? I'm at sm north, qc.

I am in Manila actually near San Antonio village Makati.

I use to get a few Beers at the SM north bowlinv alley!!
Its been a while since I have visited the Q.C area I can't stand the heat and traffic and the daily commute I am worried I will get robbed the bus or cabbed or get pickpocketed at the train station.

Back