Do moderators have to delete good threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods don't make the rules, they just enforce them.

Okay fixed:

How the hell is that fantasy?
It's the #10 and #6 MW in the world in the same organization, with no up coming matches booked! We're not allowed to talk about matchmaking in heavies anymore?!?!

The "Matches to Make" articles on Sherdog.com if posted on Sherdog.net would be Wasteland material! Thats hilarious!

I think some ruler maker guy (Jeff Sherwood?)must have made that rule years ago and the current mod are taking it totally out of context! There's no way that is the proper interpretation of the rule.

Okay fixed:

How the hell is that fantasy?
It's the #10 and #6 MW in the world in the same organization, with no up coming matches booked! We're not allowed to talk about matchmaking in heavies anymore?!?!

The "Matches to Make" articles on Sherdog.com if posted on Sherdog.net would be Wasteland material! Thats hilarious!

I think some ruler maker guy (Jeff Sherwood?)must have made that rule years ago and the current mod are taking it totally out of context! There's no way that is the proper interpretation of the rule.

So what do you call a fight between 2 fighters who have never fought, aren't scheduled to fight, and conjured up in someone's mind as something they think should happen in the future?

So what do you call a fight between 2 fighters who have never fought, aren't scheduled to fight, and conjured up in someone's mind as something they think should happen in the future?

A reasonably conjectured fight, a potential fight with reasonable likelihood, a quality matchup worth considering.

Certainly not "fantasy". If you look up the word in the dictionary, any definition requires a aspect of detachment from reality.
If a potential event has a reasonable degree of likelihood based on evidence, it cannot be defined as "fantasy".

Lesnar vs Penn or Rickson vs Bruce Lee are fantasy, as there is no evidence of likelihood of those fights ever happening.

Part of the great thing about the online community of MMA is that when fans start passing around ideas the seem to get noticed eventually. The act of pondering on a reasonable matchup and sharing that with the community, may have the potential to influence the likelihood of that event.

A reasonably conjectured fight, a potential fight with reasonable likelihood, a quality matchup worth considering.

Certainly not "fantasy". If you look up the word in the dictionary, any definition requires a aspect of detachment from reality.
If a potential event has a reasonable degree of likelihood based on evidence, it cannot be defined as "fantasy".

Lesnar vs Penn or Rickson vs Bruce Lee are fantasy, as there is no evidence of likelihood of those fights ever happening.

Part of the great thing about the online community of MMA is that when fans start passing around ideas the seem to get noticed eventually. The act of pondering on a reasonable matchup and sharing that with the community, may have the potential to influence the likelihood of that event.

And if you wish hard enough for something it may come true.

Anyway, there are plenty of threads in the Wasteland for the MMA community to ponder.

And if you wish hard enough for something it may come true.

Anyway, there are plenty of threads in the Wasteland for the MMA community to ponder.

I like the Wasteland, I have no problem with mod's sending certain categories threads there.

But this occasion clearly does not fit in with the overall character and theme of the wasteland sub group. It certainly does fit in the Zuffa/UFC Discussion or Worldwide MMA Discussion groups.

It's a private website so of course you have the right to move and categorize as you see fit, but I think you are doing a moderate disservice to your clients in what I see as a clear misapplication of forum rules.

I like the Wasteland, I have no problem with mod's sending certain categories threads there.

But this occasion clearly does not fit in with the overall character and theme of the wasteland sub group. It certainly does fit in the Zuffa/UFC Discussion or Worldwide MMA Discussion groups.

It's a private website so of course you have the right to move and categorize as you see fit, but I think you are doing a moderate disservice to your clients in what I see as a clear misapplication of forum rules.

Well, as no one famous once said

you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time

Well, as no one famous once said

I'm just saying, that I perceive it, as a generality, as not being conducive to improving the overall environment of the forum.

You can't please everyone, but why do things that are generally non-productive?

I'm just saying, that I perceive it, as a generality, as not being conducive to improving the overall environment of the forum.

You can't please everyone, but why do things that are generally non-productive?

Okay you win. I'm going to let you get the last word in.

Post a response and I promoise I won't.

The general theme of the Zuffa/UFC Discussion and Worldwide MMA Discussion tends to be roughly analogous to the content of Sherdog.com.(The only significant deviation being spoilers for obvious reasons)

The current trend of all threads speculating on non-confirmed fights being moved to Wasteland is contrary to that general theme.

The existence of the article reinforces this.

The general theme of the Zuffa/UFC Discussion and Worldwide MMA Discussion tends to be roughly analogous to the content of Sherdog.com.(The only significant deviation being spoilers for obvious reasons)

The current trend of all threads speculating on non-confirmed fights, being moved to Wasteland is contrary to that general theme.

The existence of the article reinforces this.

okey dokey

okey dokey

I just think users should make it known when they thing mods are improperly enforcing rules.

It's not a big deal to me, it doesn't really affect me at all. I just get frustrated when I see things that are contradictory to reason.

I didn't come into this thread to complain, I was just scanning through for fun and saw some ridiculous examples of moved threads.

You probably noticed I kinda like arguing, I think it's fun. But I'm not just playing devils advocate here, I think I have a good point, and I'm trying to explain my point as clearly as possible.

Like I said it's not a big deal, it doesn't greatly effect anyone, but it to sit back and say "Maybe we are misinterpreting this rule and enforcing it in a counter intuitive way, that may not be beneficial to it's members or the ownership." Doesn't really incur any extra effort on your part.

I'm just saying.:wink:

Pretty sure that's for technical reasons. It bogs down the speed of the site/boards when there are too many giant threads out there for some reason. Maybe too much database junk to load up for those badboys.

Was that why the Fighter Blends! thread got deleted?

The problem with those places is the threads don't move along very fast because nobody's there...you'll post something and won't get a response for 5 hours or something a lot of times. Patience is not always a virtue of mine.

There is a lot more traffic in those spots than you think. It's quite possible that you don't get a response for 5 hrs. because the thread sucks and your comment is not nearly as witty as you think.

What's the rule on moderators creating alt accounts to bait someone into flaming them and then giving them infractions after the fact, even though nothing qualifying flaming resulted?

I'd reference the thread or post the pms but oddly it got deleted and I'm not as dumb as DRH.

What's the rule on moderators creating alt accounts to bait someone into flaming them and then giving them infractions after the fact, even though nothing qualifying flaming resulted?

I'd reference the thread or post the pms but oddly it got deleted and I'm not as dumb as DRH.

No bait needed for you. From what I've seen just today you keep stepping into shit all on your own.

Like right now for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back