Do JOnes haters want Jones to lose that bad that You want his belt stripped?

Wow a lot of experts here.
It is funny the conclusions some of you jump to. When I bet you guys have no idea what is really happening as a lot of this stuff is worked out behind closed doors. I don't know what is happening, but I will not jump to ridiculous conclusions such as "he is ducking and should be stripped of the belt", sounds ignorant.

First, I never said a thing about being stripped of his belt. You should read the whole thing instead of just the last post or two. Someone made a dominc cruz comparison and the TS mentioned that it took 2 years to strip him of his belt. My point was that cruz was recovering from injury, not intentionally doing anything.

I also said that from the UFC's perspective they cannot have people using these moments to undermine the UFC's goals and need some form of punishment to preserve their leverage. That's not saying the fighters should do anything.

Similar to how the NFL/NBA have specific time periods by which athletes must sign contracts or be relegated to some other status, usually with economic implications.

You bring up valid points. Though I see it as 100 percent the ufc's fault. I'm going to assume that most fighters try to negotiate the best deals possible. That's a part of business, but what makes this a big deal is that Dana made this public. If the ufc conducted business normally, no one (including fighters) would have paid any mind to Jones not having a scheduled fight. But since Dana unprofessionally announced a fight without one side agreeing to it, its put everyone in a pickle. Anything they do at this point will likely have major consequences. Jones signing his contract will make it look as if the ufc caved in and will, as you pointed out, give a lot of fighters ideas. But taking action unfairly against a fighter a week into negotiations, and 1 month removed from a fight will also have consequences. In the end of the day though, this isn't jons fault at all.

Okay, well first of all he shouldn't pick/choose who he fights. That's just sad.

Second, he's a talented fighter who makes it really hard to like him at all. So don't be surprised when some people on forums overreact or say stupid things about him.

Third, this thread was pretty pointless. You could have just posted it as a comment in one of the 900 Jones threads.

No, c'mon guys.
I am not a Jones fan but this type of hatred is insaine

If he refuses a fight he should be stripped.

I would prefer him to go out trying then to walk away but its his call not mine.

He can't pick who he fights, and if he tries to sit out so he can, he SHOULD be stripped. Cruz was stripped for being injured. Only thing that is hurting Jones is his vagina.

Cruz was out for well over two years before that happened.

CRuz hadnt fought for 2 years before he was stripped. Jones fought a month ago

This is a pertinent point.

While I agree in principle that a champion who refuses to fight a contender could be and possibly should be stripped of the belt, there is no rush to take such a radical action.

Nope. Don't want him stripped of that title. I want Gustafsson to finish him and claim what is rightfully his. It's an absolute disgrace that Jones could walk away with the belt after the beat down Gus have him. Gus clearly won the fight, even if Jones won the 'points'.

Gustafsson is the best fighter at LHW. Jones has felt Gustafsson's punishment and knows very well he won't retain the belt when they rematch hence he's getting what he can financially now. Won't be a lucky spinning elbow next time. Gus will finish him within 3.

You cannot strip his belt. He just fought Glover.

He can't pick who he fights, and if he tries to sit out so he can, he SHOULD be stripped. Cruz was stripped for being injured. Only thing that is hurting Jones is his vagina.

Funny and so so true

Jones prefer fighting small competitors or faded legends not guys like Gus that put him in a hospital bed with his face all fucked up.

CRuz hadnt fought for 2 years before he was stripped. Jones fought a month ago

Cruz was injured and wouldn't be allowed to fight even if he wanted to.

Jones is a healthy champ, with 2 deserving contenders waiting for a title shot.. big difference.
He should not be stripped of the title, but he has to be forced to sign to fight either DC or Gus

Do some people really not get that he had a title defense a month ago? Exactly how could he be stripped of his belt? Even set aside he wouid have to be in breach of contract for failing to defend the belt within whatever max time the contract calls for. For example GSP's contract said he had to have at least one title defense a year. Lets says for argument sakes it was possible. THAT is the precedent people would want to set? That if a champ doesn't sign a new fight agreement within 6 weeks of his last title defense he should be stripped? That's absurd even taking into account the level of hate some have for Jones.

There is obviously some negotiations going on. Jones is looking at two very tough fights. He clearly wants to work a deal for more money or rematch clauses or whatever. As soon as he signs to fight Gus, without any new deal in place, he is locked in at his old rate. But he will get the fight regardless. The UFC however wants to strike while the oven is hot and interest is extremely high. Also, DC supposedly earned the winner by beating Hendo but you think he wants to sit on the shelf a year if Jones waits to the absolutely last second to sign? It will push the Gus fight back and any fight against the winner back as well. It could force DC to take another fight and they are out of Cummings and Hendos to feed him

how about the ufc gives him 2 options, defend his belt or move up to HW and fight miocic....lulz.

Whatever Jones' demands are clearly he has some leverage or Dana wouldn't be crying to the media. He isnt gonna be able to bash snd bully Jones like he has so many fighters before him and instead ppl shit on him. Some of u fans are really something. When he gets rid of Shields, Oksmi, Fitch, etc solely for financial reasons because he feels he isn't getting a good return in his on earnest for 'boring' fighters he can't even be honest about it and instead rips on the fighter and about how his career was going nowhere even though Dana would have to cut 85% of his fighters if being able to win a title was the requirement for keeping your job. Now we someone that can fight back and some people hate Jones so much they won't look at the bigger picture.

Plus this is what these guys do for a living. Nobody had a problem with Gil almost leaving all together and going to Bellator for business reasons. But Jones doing what's in his best interest business-wise has people wanting him stripped of a belt he has defended 8 times because he hasn't inked a new fight 5 weeks after his last one? Some ppl in here make me laugh at times. I mean that literally. It is funny to read.

how about the ufc gives him 2 options, defend his belt or move up to HW and fight miocic....lulz.

He will defend his belt

They can't make him do it any sooner than his contract stipulates. So he is using that time and leverage to get himself a better deal. Its only been 5 weeks since his last title defense.

He can fight the no.1 contender or he can tuck his tail between his legs and fight the remainder of his contract on the prelims.

I'd rather see him stripped of the title than hog the throne for a prolonged period of time.

It would be more satisfying to see him get trashed by DC or Gustafsson though.

Back