Do JOnes haters want Jones to lose that bad that You want his belt stripped?

I don't care to see him stripped. but I just want him to defend the belt when asked. the promotion should decide who the champions fight, not the champions themselves. I don't know why he hasn't agreed to the gus fight yet, perhaps its financial reasons, but either way...there should be no decision on his part. sign the contract already and lets get goin.

No, I don't. I want him to fight his challengers, like he has before.

If he and the UFC can't reach an agreement, stripping him of the belt would be the only appropriate response, but then we're all losing out.

Who in jones division has Jones not fought and beat who he was supposed to? Which fight did jones pick and choose?

Oh just stop the bullshit....U know damn well he is balking at fighting Gus again....Making demands that DC & Gus should fight first & he will take the winner...He can't make demands, he fights whoever the organization decides is next or he can step down & retire...All credibility & respect for the belt will cease if we let the fighter pick & choose who they fight...Are you really that fukin' ignorant?:icon_chee

I don't care to see him stripped. but I just want him to defend the belt when asked. the promotion should decide who the champions fight, not the champions themselves. I don't know why he hasn't agreed to the gus fight yet, perhaps its financial reasons, but either way...there should be no decision on his part. sign the contract already and lets get goin.

You do realize that fighters' contracts in the UFC are for more than one fight usually? From what I understand, Jones is negotiating a contract for his next series of several fights as he completed a contract with his last fight. Until they have a contract, Jones is not fighting in the UFC from what I understand. Surely you aren't saying that Jones should just sign whatever the UFC puts in front of him and not negotiate for his best interests?

I keep hearing "strip him from the belt" "he cant pick and choose who he fights" wahhh, wahhhh, wahhh... Are you guys so desperate for him to lose the belt you dont even want to have someone beat him for it?

Nope, but he needs to let the UFC match him up with the contenders. A champion saying a guy who's pretty much a top contender of the weightclass over his isn't worthy is just ridiculous. Same with a very close fight (vs Gus). Everyone wants to see him fight Gus again because it was such an amazing close fight. It is ridiculous to say any of those guys don't deserve a title shot at this point. That is all.

If you are the champion and are asked to fight a legitimate contender than I don't think you have any right to turn it down. I understand asking for extra weeks to prepare or whatever if you feel like you need it so instead of being on UFC 176 you want 177 instead or something similar thats fine. But you can't turn down a legit contender for no real reason. With all that being said I haven't seen him refuse or turn down a fight yet, its just negotiations which are a part of business.

Sure. If the champ doesnt want to defend the belt find someone who will.

You do realize that fighters' contracts in the UFC are for more than one fight usually? From what I understand, Jones is negotiating a contract for his next series of several fights as he completed a contract with his last fight. Until they have a contract, Jones is not fighting in the UFC from what I understand. Surely you aren't saying that Jones should just sign whatever the UFC puts in front of him and not negotiate for his best interests?

Well actually - being champion means U fight whoever they put in front of you.....If NOT as a Champion u could make a career out of fighting unranked fighters...

Oh just stop the bullshit....U know damn well he is balking at fighting Gus again....Making demands that DC & Gus should fight first & he will take the winner...He can't make demands, he fights whoever the organization decides is next or he can step down & retire...All credibility & respect for the belt will cease if we let the fighter pick & choose who they fight...Are you really that fukin' ignorant?:icon_chee

When did jones demand gus and dc fight. I remember him saying they should fight to see who gets to fight him and he is right. Stop making shit up.

For a delay due to $$$ negotiations, NO

For a delay due to just not wanting to fight a particular fighter. YES

Both Anderson & Chuck fought all comers....Don't even compare those two legends to "Pick & Choose Jones"!No one is that great that they can hold an organization up by refusing to fight challengers. If he doesn't fight then he should be stripped.[/QUOT

How exactly is Jones picking and choosing? He's faced every single contender in his weight class. He's already beaten Gus. As far as I'm concerned, Dc hasn't proved he's ready for a title shot. Beating hendo, isn't much of a thing nowadays. Jake shields beat Hendo. And shogun was whooping him till hendo landed his one punch.

Jones probably just wants to renegotiate his contract. I see nothing wrong with that. He has the most title defenses of any lh champ in history. Why would he avoid fighting a guy he's already beaten?? Whether it was a tough fight or not, Jones still won.

Jones already said gus is next...how is that not wanting to fight gus?

Wait, am I missing something here? Isn't Jones in the middle of renegotiating his contract so that would be priority before agreeing to any fight obviously, rt? To me it seems like he's holding all the leverage rt now so dam rt Dana is gonna put the pressure on stating to media he is lagging on signing. I think Jones is playing hardball and trying to secure the best pay possible, worrying about next opponent is secondary, no?

JBJ understands the business of this better than some bloggers

lolololol

Do you really think he is going to get stripped? Are you that dense? Like, how broken is your brain and how do you live a normal, functional life if these are the ideas you produce and spew out?

lolololol

Do you really think he is going to get stripped? Are you that dense? Like, how broken is your brain and how do you live a normal, functional life if these are the ideas you produce and spew out?
Who are you talking to?

I, like Jones' employer, want him to fight the top contender. If he refuses to fight Alex it is fair to strip him of the title, but that is very far away at the moment. He hasn't even made public what he thinks but it is kind of strange that he doesn't say something like: "Of course gus is next, I already said so. But we are in negotiations about my contract at the moment so it's going to take a coupe of days."

I want to see Jones defeated in the cage. Stripping him does nothing for me. Besides there isn't anything there to even have such a discussion.

Back