Do Jon Jones and Arlovski train together?

eagle81

White Belt
Reaction score
I know theyre both at Jacksons, but I wonder if they spar each other? It looks like Jones is bigger then Andrei. Arlovski doesnt look nearly as big as he was back in the day. I think Bones beats Arlovski any day.

Yup, I think so. What I really want to know is how the sparring sessions go between Bones and Browne.

there's video of it from a few months ago.

EDIT.. found it. It's at 1:20 of this video

I saw Arlovski on one of those private chat sessions he does for his site and he didn't seem to like Jones that much.

Last edited:
"Andrei arlovski and I beat the crap out of each other tonight, good times."

2eajtzs_large_huge.jpg

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?gid=295473&go=news.detail

AA is bones personal beard advisor

I know theyre both at Jacksons, but I wonder if they spar each other? It looks like Jones is bigger then Andrei. Arlovski doesnt look nearly as big as he was back in the day. I think Bones beats Arlovski any day.

Yeah they train together and you can tell from his last fight that he trains with jones.

You can tell the fighters at Jackson who spar with jones, him and Browne both are training partners and seemed to throw more Oblique kicks, seems that is what these jackson fighters do. He threw alot of jon esque oblique kicks in his fight with Sylvia.

Arvloski's chin is made of paper now and he had a hard time beating Sylvia in their last fight. I dont think he has anything for most top division UFC fighters, LHW or HW, he is a fighter who has aged quite a bit.

Last edited:
Somebody on this forum, can't remember who, said that Jones hangs very well in striking with Arvloski, dominates Browne. This was a person who had trained at Jackson's for a bit and said that was the reason Jones was considering the early move to HW last year. Take it for what it's worth.

They do and Jones dwarves Arlovski

there's video of it from a few months ago.

I saw Arlovski on one of those private chat sessions he does for his site and he didn't seem to like Jones that much.

Care to elaborate?

This picture should be posted every time a Jones apologists try to portray Jones as not a big 205lber. I'm cool with it because Jones make the weight every single fight, but don't you ever claim that he isn't a big 205lber. Ever.

His height shouldn't automatically make him a HW. If that was the case, Forrest, Stephan, Gus, etc., should all be fighting in the HW division.

Care to elaborate?

it was from before his fight with timmy. It's been a little while. i forget which fight. He just said something a long the lines of he sees him at practice but let's just say he doesn't return my phone calls like he used to. Then he pretty much shut down and said i don't want to say too much.

His height shouldn't automatically make him a HW. If that was the case, Forrest, Stephan, Gus, etc., should all be fighting in the HW division.

..Look at his frame and look at Arlovski's frame. Only thing 'small' are his skinny legs, that's it.

it was from before his fight with timmy. It's been a little while. i forget which fight. He just said something a long the lines of he sees him at practice but let's just say he doesn't return my phone calls like he used to. Then he pretty much shut down and said i don't want to say too much.

27319367.jpg

Last edited:
also.. Arlovski fights tomorrow (sunday) in Russia. But I don't know how to watch it .

This picture should be posted every time a Jones apologists try to portray Jones as not a big 205lber. I'm cool with it because Jones make the weight every single fight, but don't you ever claim that he isn't a big 205lber. Ever.

These shots are where Sherdog always get confused with size. Any tall guy with a decent sized frame can look large front on next to another fighter. Especially if they are taller.

Watch the video sparring about and you get a sense for the size differance. Thickness accounts for alot. It's the reason why Shogun or Rashad who would seem smallish front on next to Anderson are actually much bigger when you seem them side on.

A thick frame doesn't look as 'big' but there is mass in areas which don't enhance the physical perception of size. Myself personally am only 75kg, but look much much larger due to the fact that I have really skinny calves and forearms + thin side on.

These shots are where Sherdog always get confused with size. Any tall guy with a decent sized frame can look large front on next to another fighter. Especially if they are taller.

Watch the video sparring about and you get a sense for the size differance. Thickness accounts for alot. It's the reason why Shogun or Rashad who would seem smallish front on next to Anderson are actually much bigger when you seem them side on.

A thick frame doesn't look as 'big' but there is mass in areas which don't enhance the physical perception of size. Myself personally am only 75kg, but look much much larger due to the fact that I have really skinny calves and forearms + thin side on.

where do we watch that video???

Well you also have to take into account that Andrej isn't a huge HW and has treetrunks for legs.

Back