Do IBJJF legal shorts have to have velcro?

Should you be DQ'd? No.

Is it in the rulebook? To my knowledge, no, and I just checked.

Will they DQ you for meaningless non-violation? Very possibly.

My fascination for fight shorts have waned through the years. My team mate wasn't allowed to compete because of this fight shorts bs. I just buy cheap soccer shorts in the boys section.

lotto-galaxy-short.jpg

they do check before you get on the mat.. if they allowed you to go once with them on and later one tried to dq you.. that foul... i have two pairs that i use at tournaments and doesnt have a velcro crotch at all. the other does. and never had a problem with either. now if its zipper there instead then it maybe a problem

but it sound like what they did to me about my gi have a patch that the boarder of the patch was too low that iw as over my belt line. so i had to change it ( they allowed me) .. THey are DICKS about stupid shit.

The IBJJF can suck a dick. I never have competed for them and never will. Dumb shit like this is one of the many reasons.

The IBJJF can suck a dick. I never have competed for them and never will. Dumb shit like this is one of the many reasons.
I used to compete under them, now i refuse to for a myriad of reasons. I don't blame you.

I've competed in surfing board shorts a few times, both with a tie waist and another pair that has a zipper and tie.

The only time they've made me change my shorts was for one pair having a pocket on them.

Back