Do Girls Watch/Buy UFC Events On Their Own

Isn't something like 55% of the UFC's audience female?

And considering it's bigger than soccer/football, I'd imagine there's a few hundred thousand female PPV buyers each time around.

Last edited:
Im from Dublin too wow. crazy. hi there.

tumblr_m97myv0nL41ra42peo1_500.gif

wow gender stereotypes much?

I have a girl friend who watches mma despite not training or having a bf who fights etc.

Hahaha, not how I would've phrased it, but this is my sentiment as well.

I have a female friend who is very into the UFC/MMA by her own volition and though she watches with her family (primarily her dad), she orders them, gets excited for them, watches them, etc. with no facilitation by any males etc.

"with NO facilitation by any males". Except her dad who she primarily watches it with?

I was heading to a friends place one day to watch the PPV when he texted me that he would be late. So I stopped in at a pub to watch the prelims. There I met this cute alternative chick who was into the fights. So we chatted for a while, she seemed to know quite a bit. Obviously a regular viewer.

So I asked her at one point why she was in a bar alone watching fights. She said she had moved to the city 10 months previously and hadn't made any friends yet. She didn't want to stream the fights and couldn't justify the $70 to buy the PPV, so she would go to the pub all alone for every PPV.

I thought about inviting her to my friends place, but decided against it. She seemed totally normal, yet I judged her for not having friends and going to bars alone to watch fights. I assumed there had to be something wrong with her. I felt bad afterwards for at least not inviting her.

Make a card that will attract the female demographic. It would need fighters like:

Ronda Rousey
GSP
Luke Rockhold
Chael Sonnen
Carlos Condit
Urijah Faber

Maybe if they are friend or related to one of the fighters competing but otherwise I just can't see it happening, probably makes up about 1-2% of the buyrate.

I know some girls who will go watch at a bar together if there's a big Brazilian (if Brazilian girls) or GSP (if Canadian girls), etc.

Other than that they mostly watch with their bf or gym partners, I would think.

I know that girls do watch ufc, but usually its for different reasons. I mean most of the women at a UFC event are just their for a night out, same with bars.

But I have a hard time imaging a couple of non fighter good looking girls sitting at home saying lets buy this ufc event?

Does it happen? I am not talking about girls watching it with their boyfriend. I am taking about of their own tuition. Girls are just wired differently to men and I can't imagine them doing this.

Do you mean college girls that will pay for PPV's with thier tuition

OR​

Or did you mean ....

vo

Does it happen? I am not talking about girls watching it with their boyfriend. I am taking about of their own tuition. Girls are just wired differently to men and I can't imagine them doing this.

Using your school tuition for PPV is a bad idea for any gender.

Back