Do fans want USADA?

See, I didn't even know NFL didn't test. I thought they did. I'm against any kind of cheating to take an advantage. I said I'm against for contact sports, but I meant for everything sports related because it's an advantage. I just think it worst for contact sports because of what I said. You can severely harm someone more than you would without.

And yes, I enjoy watching regardless. I'm not the one signing the papers to get in those fights or matches. It should be the players responsibility to fight for this. I don't see anyone fighting for me at work to get me a raise or make things right haha.

But I do get what you're saying. If you ask me, I wish they would and could all take it. It's def. more exciting. The problem is not everyone wants to take it and that create the real issue.
The nfl does test and people have been suspended

I wish USADA would take weed off the ban substance list. It's not exactly a PED, if anything I'd say it makes it harder for fighters. I don't know very many potheads who want to get high then go do fight training. Most want to get high and sit on the couch watching TV, eating cookies. Works against them if ya ask me.

things arent only banned for being performance enhancing. they can also be banned for being a risk to the athletes health, they can also be banned for being "against the spirit of sport" which is a weird catch-all that covers setting a good example, legailty etc

theres no argument that entering the octagon stoned could be damaging to an athletes health and that is reason enough for weed to be prohibited in competition.

As a fan of the UFC do you want USADA or do you just want fights? I suspect that fans only give a fuck about steroids because the UFC/Media tell them to give a fuck. The popularity of MMA was not hurt when some fighters were on steroids before. Fans loved the bloodbaths and asked no questions.

The league that understands this a little is the NFL. NFL players have an extraordinarily short window (about 2 weeks out of the year) to be tested and they know when it is. If USADA started testing the NFL the games would be horrible because of all the suspensions (7-10+ for every team I bet). The NFL knows better than to do this so they don’t tell fans to give a fuck about steroids and fans don’t.
Yes. Cheating is bad.

Fuck usada.

To take it a step further fuck the USADA white knights too.

Having major fights get cancelled and missing out on epic fights sucks, having more fighters pull out of fights with injuries sucks, less KO power and worse cardio sucks.

It is too bad we live in an all or nothing world and people feel like the only answer to anything is to take things to absolute extremes. Testosterone, when used properly is actually quite a good thing, same with quite a few other banned substances.

Let me guess, one of your favorite fighters got popped, and now your not happy about it.
Are you trying to say every fight before usada was great and every fight after was bad? This is a myth, I have seen many great fights since usada started. It's only the cheaters that stopped taking after usada came in that look horrible, but they will be weeded out in a short time.
Have you ever competed in anything? Let's say your playing for money and you catch your opponent cheating, would you be ok with it? Or would you call them out on it?
Fuck the cheaters

Have I competed? Yes in football, basketball and then low level mma.

No I’m not saying every post USADA fight is bad. The card with Rose v JJ was amazing for example. My question is simple: do most fans care about PEDs? If USADA never happened would the sport and it’s popularity be better or worse for it?

The UFC needs USADA to dissuade Congress and the DEA from becoming involved in their business.

The UFC needs USADA to dissuade Congress and the DEA from becoming involved in their business.
That’s a great fucking point. I haven’t thought about that angle of it.

How do the other major sports get by without using testing as stringent as USADA?

I'm guessing a lot of you blame gravity for getting you wet in a rainstorm.....

As a fan of the UFC do you want USADA or do you just want fights? I suspect that fans only give a fuck about steroids because the UFC/Media tell them to give a fuck. The popularity of MMA was not hurt when some fighters were on steroids before. Fans loved the bloodbaths and asked no questions.

The league that understands this a little is the NFL. NFL players have an extraordinarily short window (about 2 weeks out of the year) to be tested and they know when it is. If USADA started testing the NFL the games would be horrible because of all the suspensions (7-10+ for every team I bet). The NFL knows better than to do this so they don’t tell fans to give a fuck about steroids and fans don’t.

Just fights. Which means I want to see knives and tire irons, maybe a few gun fights too. And folding chairs. Lot's of folding chairs.

And I suspect if knives, guns, and folding chairs were allowed it'd be really popular. The commissions should give fans what they want to see.

The rules in place, including those about PED's, are mainly based on fighter safety. Someone on PED's hits harder than that same person without PED's; its a way of amplifying damage, no different than doctoring gloves/wraps to hit harder. Now some folks think there's no problem with doctoring gloves/wraps either, and argue that the organizations shouldn't check them before a fight. Me, I think MMA is a sport, and sports always have rules. If you want a real fight, you see plenty in the military - real fights involve weapons and numbers, and have so for thousands of years. Humans would still be tiger kibble if we fought for real unarmed.

That’s a great fucking point. I haven’t thought about that angle of it.

How do the other major sports get by without using testing as stringent as USADA?

$$$$. Also, look at what happened to MLB. They had to testify in front of Congress, and Vince McMahon from the WWE is very lucky he isn't in prison. If everyone in your organization is using PEDs, the government will try to paint you as a dealer.

So those sports are full of PED's?
NFL definitely is. NBA not so sure. Although we have to remember there's many different kinds of PED's, not all of them make you gain muscle. I think something like EPO ( the stuff Lance Armstrong was taking) would be very beneficial for an NBA players.

DUMP USADA.

this has been well documented- thefansthat yell are the vocal miority.
most dont care, or openly dislike USADA testing.

I'm a fan. I want USADA. I want piss tests, I want blood tests, I want hair tests & stool tests. I want every kind of test that ensures that the two combatants are on a level playing field. I want the outcome of the fight to be determined by which fighter is able to perform better at the time of the match. By which fighter has trained, practiced and learned the art of hand to hand combat and executed it better naturally. Not because they were able to do these things better because of some chemicals that they inject / ingest.

Hey, I even want weigh-ins to take place immediately prior to the fight, but we all know that will never happen.

Sadly, too many people are willing to do whatever it takes to gain any type of advantage that they can. (Regardless of whether it goes against the true spirit of one-on-one sporting combat, or even if it is outright against the rules or illegal.)

I want someone with common sense, USADA or not, to get marijuana off the PED list! It's beyond asinine.

not having a policy in place just doesn't feel right to me.

what if fighters don't want to pump their body full of roids, what if they are up and comers with no money to compete with the richer fighters with all the best roid doctors in the country.

I get your point. You will care once it’s brought up as a problem. The issue itself isn’t something most fans care about unless we are instructed to care about.
Nope. Not my point at all. I care, I just wont go out of my way to care if the fighters themselves dont and I think they do because several voice their opinions.

Back