Do experts bring Mike Tyson up in "greatest" conversations?

i wonder if that story that tyson pleaded with king not to fight foreman was true, calling him a maniac or something. i thought it was bull at the time but maybe it was true. I used to think George was just a joke in his comeback, now, i'm not so sure he loses against tyson, mike wasn't exactly at his peak when the fight was on it's way to happening, he was losing a lot of his nice headmovement and lateral movement. I wished it would have happened, woulda been entertaining and interesting.
There were moments in his comeback where he was in his corner during a fight and his face would change. You could almost see him snap to his actual self. I remember one fight he screamed "Gimme the fuckin water" or some shit at Archie Moore and his face looked exactly like the George Foreman you would have seen in 1974.

it was kinda funny but a bit creepy with all the nice guy stuff he was doing at the time

I notice Tyson (and of course Ali) will be the first people mentioned if one every had a conversation about the greatest boxers. Of course there'd be mention of Robinson, Mayweather, Roy Jones Jr., etc. but do people who are knowledgeable about the sweet science mention Mike Tyson in these conversations?

I often hear that while Tyson was an AMAZING boxer, he just misses the "greatest" tier.

No. Mike Tyson was a Phenom but even being the youngest HW champion doesn't make him one of the best boxers of all time.

He would make a lot of peoples top ten of HW boxers of all time.

For sure he would be remembered as one of the most exciting, controversial and famous fighters.

He was as you said AMAZING. But he is not one of the greatest boxers of all time. His record does not stack up.

No sane human being would rate him over Robinson, Armstrong, Duran and many others.

Great and influential fighter YES. Supreme talent YES. Greatest Boxers NO.

I'm not someone who talks about old school fighters with grainy footage. I'm 35 and in my lifetime I could name 5-10 fighters over Mike.

Floyd, Manny, Oscar, Roy, Lennox, Evander, Chavez, Whittaker are all greater fighters and that's off the top of my head.

Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Leonard are a bit before my time but are all greater. Then we can go back further.

Mike Tyson was a special fighter but he isn't even in the conversation of greatest ever imo.

he has similarities to the style that troubled ali, quickness, great left hook but Ali at his best just destroys him. Ali in the 70's does what he did to foreman after taking his best shots.

Tyson isn't really a classical swarmer. So it's not even certain he would get inside Ali's range at all.. It could end up like Ali-Patterson... All that power but no clean hits.

Look at the similarites here. Leaping hooks, chin up in the air. Same technique, same coach, same power.

I know, angie admits he was worried about floyd just based on fighters with similar attributes caused ali problems. Floyd was a basket case though and I think ali just was mentally stronger. Patterson beat himself a couple times just by being neurotic. Most of his interviews are insightful but pathetic

I know, angie admits he was worried about floyd just based on fighters with similar attributes caused ali problems. Floyd was a basket case though and I think ali just was mentally stronger. Patterson beat himself a couple times just by being neurotic. Most of his interviews are insightful but pathetic

Patterson was too short to make a mark in the division among the greats, a fate Mike Tyson suffered as well. Pattersons reach was below average for his height (shorter reach than his own height)

Back