Do EDM/Trace/Dubstep DJs Make Millions Of Dollars

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I always see these videos of DJ just playing massive crowds overseas and south america and I was wondering if the DJ get part of the gate or just some kinda flat fee. I know the big guys like Marshmellow make millions but he has radio tunes and shit and I see people I never heard of ( cause I don't follow the music) that are playing to massive crowds and it seems like there is a Huge fanbase for them. Alot bigger than most modern rock bands in US.

Are they getting paid?

Last edited:
im sure they are getting paid but not millions, maybe the most famous i guess

rip avicii

Probably somewhere in Germany...

Not anymore. At the height of that music around 2011-2013, skrillex and deadmu5 were getting 100k each for a set in vegas. Probably a lot more to headline a festival.

Now they have to do residencies in vegas to make that much.

I always see these videos of DJ just playing massive crowds overseas and south america and I was wondering if the DJ get part of the gate or just some kinda flat fee. I know the big guys like Marshmellow make millions but he has radio tunes and shit and I see people I never heard of ( cause I don't follow the music) that are playing to massive crowds and it seems like there is a Huge fanbase for them. Alot bigger than most modern rock bands in US.

Are they getting paid?

chartoftheday_15003_the_richest_djs_in_the_world_n.jpg

Yes, they make more than rock stars these days because they ARE today's rock stars.

I miss Tiesto’s old stuff, dude out of some amazing stuff in the late 90s to the mid 2000s. Dude said he changed his style because that’s what the public wanted.
SMH.
Classic

I saw AVB a couple years back in LA and he was great. It is funny, back in the early 2000/ nobody in the States truly cared about dance music. It was more underground but it blew up out of nowhere.

chartoftheday_15003_the_richest_djs_in_the_world_n.jpg

Yes, they make more than rock stars these days because they ARE today's rock stars.
That graphic may represent total payment including album sales and spotify plays. I doubt they are getting paid to do that much to do live shows now, although polesmokers perform almost every weekend in vegas. I could just be out of the loop though, it seems like that scene has died pretty fast and hard.

Back