Do Diaz Fans Actually Think he'll Beat GSP?

GSP is much better fighter and on top of that a nightmare match up for Diaz.

do gsp fans actually think he'll beat diaz w/out dry-humping him for 5 rds...?

(one moronic question deserves another.)

Fan of both, but honestly it's a pretty awful matchup. Diaz has no way of adapting to someone who can take him down at will, and his chances of subbing GSP from his back are slim to none, GSP is far too careful for that to happen. It's gonna be a five round domination, without a finish, again.

I imagine a lot of them do. Many Diaz fans belong to the "who is toughest?" genre of fight fans, who confuse being a badass with being an MMA athelete. Not that Diaz isn't an impressive MMA athelete, he is, but he's not on par with GSP and never will be.

I'm just curious, do fans of Diaz actually believe he has a shot against GSP? There is a difference between being a fan and hoping he will win, and actually thinking he will win.

I hoped the Tigers would win the WS last year but I knew they were going to get their asses handed to them after the first game when they looked like crap.

Is it like this for Diaz fans, or do you actually think he has a shot?

im a diaz bro fan, more nick than nate but before nick lost to condit i thought that he had so much momentum that he could give GSP a good fight and possibly win, but after the way nate lost to bendo, and the way diaz lost to condit im not sure right now if diaz could even win. of course im pulling for diaz to win ,but being realistic i dont like his chances.

I am a fan of Nick Diaz.

I don't think he'll have a chance against GSP.

If by "dry humping" you mean scoring perfectly executed take downs and then demonstrating fantastic positioning and ground and pound, then sure, he'll probably win like that. If you don't like it, I suggest you find a different sport.

Put GSP and Nick in a fight in an alley somewhere, to the death, and you know who will walk out of that alley.

See, this kind of attitude is what I'm talking about. THis is pretty typical of most Diaz fans. I'm a Diaz fan myself, but most Diaz fans, or at least most vocal ones, have shit like this to say a lot of the time. It's embarrassing.

heres a better question:
will DIAZ throw a fit and retire again after he loses.
or how about:
does diaz piss hot again and get suspended.
or what about: does diaz even show up for the fight, or does the fight get called off because diaz lacks the professionalism required to meet his appointments and he pisses dana off.

Pissing hot? I don't think you can call testing positive for metabolites is the same thing as "pissing hot" in any way, shape, or form. It's like testing positive for aspirin, or caffeine three days after you drank a cup of coffee or had a headache.

Anything can happen in MMA son...I'm a fan of Diaz, but I see clearly why most don't think he has a chance, but a fight is a fight and you never know FOR SURE how it's going to turn out. I certainly didn't think he was going to destroy BJ the way he did.

See, this kind of attitude is what I'm talking about. THis is pretty typical of most Diaz fans. I'm a Diaz fan myself, but most Diaz fans, or at least most vocal ones, have shit like this to say a lot of the time. It's embarrassing.

That was a paraphrased quote from their camp. Although you know it's true. :icon_evil

Fair enough. Yes, I do think GSP will beat Diaz by "dry Humping" him for five rounds. I wouldn't call it that but yeah it's most likely that he'll decision him. I'd hope for a little more substantial of a beating than GSP s used to putting on though.

I think Nick Diaz does have a shot at winning this. They wouldn't have gave him the fight if he didn't. I am a Nick Diaz fan but I am just hoping for a good show. Nothing more nothing less.

I think he has "a shot" albeit, not a very good one. I'm really excited to see the fight tho because I think Diaz will never stop fighting just like condit didnt. Which means it will be an entertaining fight. Also, there were a fee times where condit nearly rolled gsp as he went for an armbar. I wouldn't be flabbergasted if Diaz pulled one of those off, tho I would be shocked.

I'm just curious, do fans of Diaz actually believe he has a shot against GSP? There is a difference between being a fan and hoping he will win, and actually thinking he will win.

I hoped the Tigers would win the WS last year but I knew they were going to get their asses handed to them after the first game when they looked like crap.

Is it like this for Diaz fans, or do you actually think he has a shot?

Of coarse he has a chance. But as a Diaz fan I'm expecting him to be on his back most of the fight. Even though he'll be working, he will most likly lose a decision.

You mean how Bendo "Dry Humped" Nate for 5 rounds because tha's what GSP is going to do to Nick.

I think Nick can and might...do I think he most likely will win? Not really. I'm still looking forward to him taunting GSP.

If anyone has the actual skill set to challenge GSP it would be Nick. Carlos had it as well.

Back