Do Bronx wants the location

Ideally what should happen is-
Oliveira vs Poirier for the belt
Gaethje vs Chandler for #1.

This is the only logical thing to do. But because Conor wants a rematch with Dustin (and both like the idea), UFC will go ahead with this .
In this scenario we may see Chandler vs Olivera for #1 till the time Conor -Dustin rematch takes place.

To be fair, of his 8 wins in the 8 fight win streak, besides Lee who is a fringe top 10 guy and Ferguson who was coming off a devastating loss at 37 years old....Oliveira beat cans and washed up 40 year olds like Jim Miller, Lentz and Clay Guida. He didn't fight any impressive prospects or dudes on the rise, nobody in the top 10 etc. Literally a Dober, Dariush, Tsarukyan etc type win would have stood out a lot compared to the guys he beat on this win streak.

I still feel like Oliveira deserves the title shot vs Poirier more than Chandler or anyone else but I wouldn't mind seeing Charles face Chandler or someone else before getting a shot at this point too. And I don't think we really know what his win vs Tony means, but I suspect Tony is pretty shot as a fighter now.

Chandler vs. Oliviera winner faces Poirier for the belt.

Make it happen, Joe Silva!!!!!

Chandler vs. Oliviera winner faces Poirier for the belt.

Make it happen, Joe Silva!!!!!

<EdgyBrah>

Joe Silva left the UFC a few years back... Sean Shelby and Hunter Campbell are the current ones... I think.

Dustin-Oliveira
Chandler-Gaethje
Conor-Nate

If Nate doesn't want the fight, then Conor vs Gaethje, with Chandler getting someone like RDA.

To be fair, of his 8 wins in the 8 fight win streak, besides Lee who is a fringe top 10 guy and Ferguson who was coming off a devastating loss at 37 years old....Oliveira beat cans and washed up 40 year olds like Jim Miller, Lentz and Clay Guida. He didn't fight any impressive prospects or dudes on the rise, nobody in the top 10 etc. Literally a Dober, Dariush, Tsarukyan etc type win would have stood out a lot compared to the guys he beat on this win streak.

I still feel like Oliveira deserves the title shot vs Poirier more than Chandler or anyone else but I wouldn't mind seeing Charles face Chandler or someone else before getting a shot at this point too. And I don't think we really know what his win vs Tony means, but I suspect Tony is pretty shot as a fighter now.
Wow... give Oliveira his credit.

Teymur was widely considered a prospect on the rise when oliveira stopped him. Pretty sure teymur was on a five fight ufc win streak at the time. People just forget because he hasn't fought since then.

Wow... give Oliveira his credit.

Its true, the reason hes had to win 8 fights to even become a contender is because hes a pullout artist with a lot of previous ufc losses.

Hes clearly turned the corner as nd is deserving of a title shot buf lets not act like hes been beating elite fighters left and right.

Its true, the reason hes had to win 8 fights to even become a contender is because hes a pullout artist with a lot of previous ufc losses.

Hes clearly turned the corner as nd is deserving of a title shot buf lets not act like hes been beating elite fighters left and right.
A win over Tony, Lee & Teymur is more than enough plus 6 finishes in his last 7.
A dominant ein over Tony is more valuable than any of the wins the other 2 have.
The guy is the best sub artist in the ufc eith amazing improved striking.
He should fight for the belt while
Gaethje works on his bjj white belt & Chandler actually strings some wins.

Ideally what should happen is-
Oliveira vs Poirier for the belt
Gaethje vs Chandler for #1.

This is the only logical thing to do. But because Conor wants a rematch with Dustin (and both like the idea), UFC will go ahead with this .
In this scenario we may see Chandler vs Olivera for #1 till the time Conor -Dustin rematch takes place.
Agreed, it's literally the only logical thing to do everything else is just non sense for cash grabs like Dustin-Conor rematch.
Conor needs to prove himself again and have the rematch when he fights for the belt.

I NEEED to see Tony vs Conor.

Build up would be soooo cringe it would actually be awesome, and fight would be pretty damn interesting. Both lost their last fights, both are on the way out, i NEEEEEED TO SEE IT!!!!

literally the only man in the top 5 on a winning streak, and they treat him like he doesn't exist

He really needs to learn some English. That’s really holding him back.

It's still an actual streak while everybody else above him recently lost in a title bout. And if beating Ferguson is already starting to lose whatever merit it did hold, then beating hooker and Conor means just as little if not less.

Back