Do Brazilians call Jiu-Jitsu, Brazilians Jiu-Jitsu in Brazil?

It's not though. You guys call it Canadian bacon and we call that back bacon. Regular bacon is the same is what you guys call bacon.

Bacon your pardon?

I guess you don't know what you're talking about...

Food for thought! How about some back bacon to munch on.:wink:

I think because it was called Kano Jiu-Jitsu at the time. The Gracies then named their form similarly, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

41V3Y0SB97L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

We just call it Jiu Jitsu... theres no reason to call it brazilian jiu jitsu if you are in brazil. Actually, some people over here dont even know that jiu jitsu is created in brazil and others think JJ and vale-tudo are the same thing. crazy. but these are just the people who dont give a shit for martial arts.

sorry for the bad english

Canadian bacon in Canada is just bacon. Food for thought.

This isn't actually true. Bacon in the US and Canada refers to the same thing. Canadian bacon in the US would be back bacon in Canada I think, but regular bacon is far more popular.

they SHOULD call it brazilian jujitsu even in brazil. "jujitsu" by itself should refer to the original art. Here in america we have no problem using terms like "americana" so the brazilians should learn to call it bjj and not continuing implying that they created jujitsu by calling bjj simply jujitsu

I just say "jiu jitsu" right here in the good ol' US of A. Just like my Brazilian friends...

Jake Shields is promoting "American Jiu jitsu" (wrestling/jiu jitsu hybrid)

What about "American Cheese"? Does anybody eat that stuff outside the US?

The only time I am "An American" is when I am outside the US. Language is always in a transition phase.

If you call it "canadian bacon" then turn in your man card.

It's ham.

Bacon is bacon.

Bacon...........bacon..............dang it! Now I want a BLT!

I just say "jiu jitsu" right here in the good ol' US of A. Just like my Brazilian friends...

Jake Shields is promoting "American Jiu jitsu" (wrestling/jiu jitsu hybrid)

What about "American Cheese"? Does anybody eat that stuff outside the US?

The only time I am "An American" is when I am outside the US. Language is always in a transition phase.

And you should. Everybody take note. Cash Bill has been doing Jiu Jitsu longer then most of you have had pubic hair. It's Jiu Jitsu.

If you call it "canadian bacon" then turn in your man card.

It's ham.

Bacon is bacon.

Bacon...........bacon..............dang it! Now I want a BLT!

canadian bacon isn't ham... can you not tell the difference between coke and pepsi, or milk and dark chocolate? it's not called a man card it's called a sense of taste

We just call it Jiu Jitsu... theres no reason to call it brazilian jiu jitsu if you are in brazil. Actually, some people over here dont even know that jiu jitsu is created in brazil and others think JJ and vale-tudo are the same thing. crazy. but these are just the people who dont give a shit for martial arts.

sorry for the bad english

Do Arabs call Valdivia "the Magician" in the UAE? :p

In Brazil, they just call them "Nuts" too. How weird is that?! Maybe they should start calling them Brazil nuts there too so we don't have to think too hard about it.

In Brazil, they just call them "Nuts" too. How weird is that?! Maybe they should start calling them Brazil nuts there too so we don't have to think too hard about it.

We actually call them Par

They call it Jiu Jitsu or Arte Suave.

They had to add Brasilian when they went overseas and try to promote the art.

Unless if your name is Rorian Gracie.

Jiu Jitsu is the term you use to describe your skills.

Often, you can hear a BB mentioning that such particular student has a similar Jiu Jitsu as his.

We all have different JJ depending on your game you develop throught the years of training.

I would think they would call it Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Or they would call BJJ just JJ and the old style of jiu-jitsu japanese jiu-jitsu.

We have no problem in America claiming our cheese. You Brazilians ashamed of your nuts? Canada and your bacon? French and your fries?!

Back