Opinion Do Black lives Matter Only When It's a White Person/Cop?

Brother Numsi

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Been thinking about the horrible shooting of Ahmaud Abery and the two men who basically murdered him. Not really going to get into the details of whether he was a 'criminal' or if he was really 'jogging' because it really doesn't change the fact that these men killed him. Based on what we've seen from that troubling video

It's been interesting watching my Facebook and IG timelines of all the people speaking out on the shooting death of Abery and how upset people in the Black community are about what happened. Got people in my own family talking about how they can't even jog now without fear of getting hunted down a shot by 'white supremacists' and what not. This one girl I went to school with in particular literally just sits by her computer waiting to post something some white person said or did to prove her point about racism in America. I asked her why didn't she post anything about that black security guard who was killed in Detroit for asking a woman to wear a mask? She claimed she did say something but she didn't know enough about the case to suggest anything.

And right there is where so many of my fellow Afro Americans movements can't be taken seriously by outsiders other than Democrats who want their votes or white leftists who think Black folks need to be cuddled because "they just don't know any better." How can anybody honestly buy a movement about Black Lives when we lead the nation in homicides and violent crimes towards each other more than any hate group out there?

We've been getting sold on this whole victimhood for so long that we can walk around wearing Gucci Flip Flops, $250 Jordans, and thousand dollar computers in our pockets and call ourselves oppressed? How can we hear about 60 people getting shot in one weekend (90% being black) and just go about our day like nothing is wrong? But let some racist white guy or Nosy Nancy block a black person from entering a building and it's all over social media for days?

I've watched friends die to gang violence or for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I used to come home from work and after getting off the bus, having to look over my shoulder not for rednecks or the police but gang bangers who were looking to catch me slipping. Going to bed at night to gun shots every night during the summer. The mayor of Chicago went off on the people in her city for not social distancing and threatened to keep the lockdown going if they don't follow the rules. "Take away their summer", as she puts it. But when the shootings start happening again in her city (and they will), she gonna lock the city down to save 'black bodies'?

Really hurts me to type this but some things have to be said. Curious to hear some of your thoughts

RIP to Ahmaud Abery

The question is fundamentally ignoring that there is a difference between systemic police violence and community violence.

White people are more likely to kill white people.

Black people are more likely to kill black people.

People in poverty are more likely to kill.

Black lives matter no matter what, but the people who intentionally distort what the movement represents are shitheads.

Humans can be bad, doesn't matter where you come from or what race you are.

America has a negative history on how they treated minorities in this country, this can't be denied no matter how you try to debate it, wrong is wrong.

We are getting better on how people are treated because we have more people standing up for others. I think America will be better in the next couple hundred years because of these caring people .

This stuff tends to bring out the tribalism in people, and when that happens rationality tends to take a back seat.

The movement—or phrase itself—is meant to end the reign of police terror in black poor and working-class communities around the country.

That might sound like hyperbole to some (see: many white people) but it’s pretty obvious that there are deep and longstanding fault lines between black and Latino communities on the one hand and the police on the other arising from police shootings to be sure, but also about daily, pervasive transgressions that prevent people of all ages, races, and ethnicities from having basic “freedom of movement” in their own neighborhoods.

I’m white, and I have lived all over the country—towns big and small—but I have never worried about being stopped without justification, verbally and physically abused by a cop, and in some instances arrested, and then detained without counsel.

My friend Chad, who is black and Lives in DC, worries about these things “more often than not.”

The Freddie Gray situation in Baltimore involved mostly (maybe all?) black police officers, and got one of the most intense responses of any of these killings.

Edit: I went back and looked it up. Three out of the six officers were black.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself. I’ve watched countless murders and maimings and beatings etc and I’ve always been angered/disgusted by it. I’ve never cared about the races of anyone involved. Same goes for this Arbery one.

If there was video of a black guy killing another black guy in the same way I’d feel equally strong that it was murder.

I gotta say. The black leaders I see speaking in GA on this are spot on. They want justice. Not to enflame tensions

Black lives matter no matter what, but the people who intentionally distort what the movement represents are shitheads.

I agree with this. I mean, I am a black man. Of course I agree with BLM in theory. And fuck all that All Lives Matter bullshit and whoever started it. LOL

My point wasn't the movement itself or what they protest about. It's just how does it look when you hear social activist and black leaders talk about white supremacy and police brutality when we have the highest homicide rate in the country being only 6 percent of the population?

You have to explain or confront this or things will never change. It's like with this whole pandemic. Someone dies and the first thing we want to know if it was COVID 19 related. Now does that mean that people don't care about a person losing their life just because it wasn't from the coronavirus? Of course not. But we know which death will make the news now won't we?

The white guys are murderers. Plain and simple. Why this is blowing up? Because race baiters get network viewers.
This is no different than any other inter-racial murder. This one just has the ingredients that the media knows black america will get behind. It was obviously triggered by racism and it gives people of both races an excuse to paint with a broad brush and be divisive.

The white guys are murderers. Plain and simple. Why this is blowing up? Because race baiters get network viewers.
This is no different than any other inter-racial murder. This one just has the ingredients that the media knows black america will get behind. It was obviously triggered by racism and it gives people of both races an excuse to paint with a broad brush and be divisive.

Media ratings is a big factor.

I’m white, and I have lived all over the country—towns big and small—but I have never worried about being stopped without justification, verbally and physically abused by a cop, and in some instances arrested, and then detained without counsel.

My friend Chad, who is black and Lives in DC, worries about these things “more often than not.”

It's funny. I've talked to many a white guys and they have had some of the worst encounters with the police even more so than myself and many other black friends I have. But I'm not naive enough to believe I won't be stopped or harassed by the police because I'm the "good Negro." I have been harassed by the police on more than one occasion because I was black so I feel for your friend Chad

Yeah, we do need to confront the mistreatment of minorities by law enforcement. Won't dispute that. But we can't ignore that the crime in our communities as a reason for the involvement of law enforcement.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I mean, I am a black man. Of course I agree with BLM in theory. And fuck all that All Lives Matter bullshit and whoever started it. LOL

My point wasn't the movement itself or what they protest about. It's just how does it look when you hear social activist and black leaders talk about white supremacy and police brutality when we have the highest homicide rate in the country being only 6 percent of the population?

You have to explain or confront this or things will never change. It's like with this whole pandemic. Someone dies and the first thing we want to know if it was COVID 19 related. Now does that mean that people don't care about a person losing their life just because it wasn't from the coronavirus? Of course not. But we know which death will make the news now won't we?

You should know then about systemic effects of slavery and mistreatment of blacks for over hundreds of years and how that effects African Americans today.

You had the government introducing drugs in their communities. You had the police beating, planting drugs and killing unarmed blacks . These officers are supposed to protect the public.

The sad thing is that minorites were telling people that the police were mistreating them for years. Now that we have cameras in our phones, were able to catch them.

Do people think that the police just started abusing their power?

It's funny. I've talked to many a white guys and they have had some of the worst encounters with the police even more so than myself and many other black friends I have. But I'm not naive enough to believe I won't be stopped or harassed by the police because I'm the "good Negro." I have been harassed by the police on more than one occasion because I was black so I feel for your friend Chad

Yeah, we do need to confront the mistreatment of minorities by law enforcement. Won't dispute that. But we can't ignore the crime in our communities as a reason for the involvement of law enforcement.

Do research on systemic effects of groups of people and how that effects them today. Their is reasons why theirs more crimes in those areas.

This is it right here

People don't give a tinker's damn about a black man dying unless they can exploit his death for ratings or to further their agendas. Why do you think they talked about Trayvon Martin's death for so long but when a 9 year old black child was lured away and killed by gang members it didn't get a tenth of the media coverage?

Last edited:
They are racists...or stupid...or both.

You should know then about systemic effects of slavery and mistreatment of blacks for over hundreds of years and how that effects African Americans today.

You had the government introducing drugs in their communities. You had the police beating, planting drugs and killing unarmed blacks . These officers are supposed to protect the public.

The sad thing is that minorites were telling people that the police were mistreating them for years. Now that we have cameras in our phones, were able to catch them.

Do people think that the police just started abusing their power?

Come on man. Not one time did I say racism doesn't factor or does not exist. But you are doing exactly what I talked about in my original post. Of course racism exist systemic or otherwise. I've been a 'victim' of it my entire life. My post was about accountability. How can we expect white people to be accountable for their actions in the past or present if we will not do the same? Even Malcolm X spoke about the black community needing to get things together as far as single parenting and violent behavior towards each other and he still managed to talk about the racism in the country. Hell, one of the main reasons he left the Nation of Islam was because they weren't following their own guidelines they made for people in the community. And this was almost 60 years ago

Last edited:
The Freddie Gray situation in Baltimore involved mostly (maybe all?) black police officers, and got one of the most intense responses of any of these killings.

Edit: I went back and looked it up. Three out of the six officers were black.

Originally everyone thought that the 2 white bicycle officers were the killers and demanded justice. Then when the pictures of all 6 officers involved were released, Liberals shit their pants.

Come on man. Not one time did I say racism doesn't factor or does not exist. But you are doing exactly what I talked about in my original post. Of course racism exist systemic or otherwise. I've been a 'victim' of it my entire life. My post was about accountability. How can we expect white people to be accountable for their actions in the past or present if we will not do the same? Even Malcolm X spoke about the black community needing to get things together as far as single parenting and violent behavior towards each other and he still managed to talk about the racism in the country. Hell, one of the main reasons he left the Nation of Islam was because they weren't following the their own guidelines they made for people in their community. And this was almost 60 years ago

I agree with accountability being priority one.

However, I also know that major roadblocks were put in front for hundred of years and severely hurt these groups of people. The native Americans are still in shambles too in their reservations.

I just don't like when people say that these systemic effects don't have huge effects on people. We know that's not true. Some people will overcome, some will not sadly.

Back