Do any UFC fighters have a better ground game than Paul Harris?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Now that Palhares is making headlines again :icon_neut, where do you think Palhares would rank as a ground fighter if he was still in the UFC? Seeing as he recently submitted two guys who were considered among the best MMA grapplers in Shields (eye gouges aside) and Fitch, would you consider any of the following list to be better than him in terms of ground game? Or is the most controversial grappler in MMA (in ring actions wise) also the best?

Werdum
Barnett
Mir
Jones
Cormier
Weidman
Jacare
Rockhold
Maia
Gunni
Khabib
RDA
Aldo
Oliveira
Cruz
Faber
Mouse
Rousey
insert anyone else who might rival him

Well, that depends. Is he going to be able to eye rake at will? Gonna be tough to beat that man on the ground if he's allowed to gouge your eyeballs out.

But, to answer your question, I expect that Jacare and Weidman would handle him.

Well, I really don't think he'd have too much of a shot at beating Jacare in a ground battle whether it be in MMA, submission wrestling, or BJJ.

Jacare, Maia, Rockhold. I'm sure Weidman could handle him on the ground if need be, not that the fight would go there.

Werdum and Jacare would handle Paul Harris on the ground.

is he the dirtiest fighter to be in a major org
maybe gilbert yvel

I'm not saying Belcher does but he made Palhares look foolish and beat him at his own game.

Maia
Jacare
Werdum

Maybe Teh Chris and Rockhard

Belcher on the account of already having done it

Jacare and Maia can hang with him at the very least.
But he is a beast.

Belcher shut him down and made Palhares look clueless on the ground.

EDIT

Image because I really liked that fight.

BelcherHedges2_crop_north.jpg

Alan Belcher finds your lack of faith disturbing

giphy.gif

"Pole Hair Is" seems kinda good at those leg/ankle locks

Jacare or Barnett spring to mind. Not many do. If you are free to ground and pound as well as grapple, Maia won't be as threatening.

Back