Do Any Of Y'all Play In Pick Up Games Like This

We played smear the queer which needs to happen on every playground in America. Whoever had that ball was getting completely annihilated even if it was your best friend.

Played MANY a game of that when I was a kid/teen! :)

Don't think I could do now but 10yrs ago I would have ran though all them.

The XFL needs to send scouts to these games. These guys are HUNGRY and they'd play every down like it was 3rd and inches!

I still play pick up basketball but football is way off the radar. When I was a kid we played a game called smear the queer. One kid gets the football and everyone else try to tackle him. Once down he throws it in the air and whomever get's it next is it. I was really fun. Last time I played tackle football was at the beach so it didn't hurt as much when you went down.

In the hood we tried to kill each other playing football.

We played smear the queer which needs to happen on every playground in America. Whoever had that ball was getting completely annihilated even if it was your best friend.

Smear the queer? Jesus. We called that game kill the dill with the pill (meaning the ball).

One time we were playing basketball in my PE class in high school when the coach left us alone to go do god knows what.

Before you know it we're all fouling the shit out of each other and before long it evolved into tackle basketball.

We played like that for a half hour and surprisingly nobody got hurt. Coach was pissed when he came back though.

Thank god he came back you guys would have been fucking each other in no time!

In my 20’s I played in a Flag League that was about as physical as this, and sometimes after we’d play an extra game of tackle afterwards. That’s why my left shoulder now has a floating collar bone. Once I hit my 30’s, I realized it wasn’t worth the injury potential any more.

As I near 50 I can confidently say theses leagues are where all the high school and college has beens try to eke out a couple more years of glory days. Has zero to do with the love of the game and everything to do with making big hits and laying dudes out to fill that primal urge they still have. Some dudes I played with swore there were NFL scouts in the bushes looking to discover a hidden gem in the world of flag football.

There was one asshole in the league that got tossed because he loaded every stiff arm like a punch, and was open hand striking dudes in the face. And I witnessed some of the most devastating blind side blocks ever in these games. Yeah, definitely a league of assholes. I was one too for a hot minute, but it gets old quick. Especially if you start missing work, because of it.

Now with this Achilles tear, even my pick up Basketball days are done. Time to hang up anything team related, lol.

I appreciate games like that far more than what you see nowadays in professional soccer for instance. Sports are supposed to be physical, imo, but not to where players are intentionally trying to take each other out.

Back