Do Any Of Y'all Play In Pick Up Games Like This

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Don't think I could do now but 10yrs ago I would have ran though all them.

We played smear the queer which needs to happen on every playground in America. Whoever had that ball was getting completely annihilated even if it was your best friend.

Used to love playing backyard football. Would force opponents to attempt a tackle even if there was a clear path to score. Would have lumps all over my noggin from lowering my head into their faces. Even knocked out one of those weird teeth that grow above the rest on one guy. ‘‘Twas hilarious.

Way too old for that shit now.

Ill stick to playing stickball in the street, until some joker opens a fire hydrant and we all run and cool off, maybe get an Italian ice from the corner, then we break each other's stones metaphorically not literally. There's a mafia guy somewhere.

In high school, yes. Recently, no.

How is that the most violent football, either?

Growing up this was normal. Was even better in the snow. We even played tackle in the street a few time on concrete. That wasn't fun but I didn't want to be the only one to say no.

In high school, yes. Recently, no.

How is that the most violent football, either?

Yeah - that's just regular backyard football (except for the 350 pound guy - I ain't tacklin' that).

That's got nothing on the Italian's version of football

One time we were playing basketball in my PE class in high school when the coach left us alone to go do god knows what.

Before you know it we're all fouling the shit out of each other and before long it evolved into tackle basketball.

We played like that for a half hour and surprisingly nobody got hurt. Coach was pissed when he came back though.

We played smear the queer which needs to happen on every playground in America. Whoever had that ball was getting completely annihilated even if it was your best friend.
The kind of shit that escalates to you getting curb stomped while walking home alone afterschool. Hard pass. My friends and I didn't have the humor for this kind of thing growing up.

ColdDesertedDowitcher-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
LANDRY-JONES-KO.gif

Actual football is far more violent.

No, I only play real sports like soccer.

Looks like an typical rugby match tbh.

In my younger days I definitely played in Rugby matches, that aggressive.

Way back in the day, but no longer. I will still do occasional basketball pick-up games.

I am 5'11 with T-Rex arms, so I am always at point guard. Even at 50, I have great dribbling skills and exceptional court vision. Great at all kinds of passing.

Unfortunately I can not shoot for shit, even uncontested from inside the 3 point line.

So unless I am playing with relative strangers or against players that have a poor grasp of the game, I am only useful for about one and a half quarters. As soon as people figure out I can't make baskets, they just gang up on everyone else and don't bother even sending anyone my way until I'm in the paint. Even half-way guarded in the paint, I am lucky if I go 1 out of 4.

But those 1 and a half quarters are glorious.

How many games until your career is alllll ovvveeerrr!

World's Most Violent Football League?

That's just no-pads tackle. That's Turkey Bowl football. I never did that, but I've had plenty of friends over the year who did it. I watched some games with beers in hand. By the time they're 30 nobody does it anymore. They actually started a separate game for the older guys who don't want to get injured just because it's Thanksgiving.

Back