Do all PPVs require a title fight?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There’s been so many interim titles being thrown around, we have two interim title fights this weekend.

Personally I don’t care, it doesn’t need to be a title fight.

You never know what ESPN has demanded of the UFC, could be a requirement. Or maybe the UFC just likes handing out belts.

Last edited:
Yeah. UFC won’t promote a PPV without a title fight anymore. They used to do it all the time. I think Conor vs Diaz 2 was the last non-title fight PPV. There are two others in that time frame but it was just Yoel Romero’s obese ass not making weight

If you're not a PPV draw without a belt, then they don't trust you headlining and selling the maximum amount of PPV's without a title being on the line, even if it's an Interim one.

Not really, but its what they usually do, Israel vs Silva ended up a 3rd main event...

If Conor can't main event over a title fight (Cerrone), then you know that title fight is necessary for a ppv

The titles have been completely devalued so it doesn't matter.

Khabib vs GSP could have done it.

Conor vs My Mom could as well.

If Conor can't main event over a title fight (Cerrone), then you know that title fight is necessary for a ppv
But he did main event over a title fight against Diaz the first time.

Bruce Buffer will only mc if he can say "and new" or "and still"

i wouldnt pay for a ppv if there wasnt a title fight, only if the main event was something awesome. like DC vs Yoel at 205lbs or Askren vs GSP

When’s the last time ufc ppv main event wasn’t for a title or didn’t have title holder?

In this day n age of water down cards it makes sense to have a title fight to boost buys

Khabib vs GSP could have done it.

Conor vs My Mom could as well.
The first one would have been a title fight. The second one could have been had your Mom fought Conor at the right time.

It’s easier for Joe to hype things when it’s a title fight

With so many interim title fights could we have the possibility of a interim champ interim champ to fight the champ champ and create a quadruple champ?

A belt on the line for sure adds a little drama to the matchup, but if u gave me a loaded card with a lot of good matchups and some guys I'm a fan of and no title on the line I'd be straight.

I miss the days when they didn’t hand out interim belts like flyers :(

No, but I like it as a general rule. There are of course special exceptions, though.

Back