Dmitry Bivol willing to fight Alvarez in December

Bivol is the man.

The way bivol fought this weekend id put money on alvarez

I'd pick Alvarez to beat him.
Tough matchup for either. I was moreso meaning that for Bivol wanting to fight again soon.

I'm glad to see people divided on this. Far too many fights have a near unanimous opinion on who is going to win.

Bivol can do it

I'd pick Alvarez but I wouldlnt write Bivol off

The way bivol fought this weekend id put money on alvarez
why? Alvarez didn't look all that good either until he landed that one good punch in the 7th and kept it fairly close in a couple of the earlier rounds.

why? Alvarez didn't look all that good either until he landed that one good punch in the 7th and kept it fairly close in a couple of the earlier rounds.

he looked great to me. Alot of things he was getting tagged with werent landing flush and he was always in the fight . He was always there making kov throw punches. I seen that Ko coming a mile away.

He gave kov constant pressure while applying good defense and a great jab. I see him beating bivol fairly easy, bivol doesnt throw enough, he also cant out box alverez. someone who throws alot could beat alvarez by out pointing him.

he looked great to me. Alot of things he was getting tagged with werent landing flush and he was always in the fight . He was always there making kov throw punches. I seen that Ko coming a mile away.

He gave kov constant pressure while applying good defense and a great jab. I see him beating bivol fairly easy, bivol doesnt throw enough, he also cant out box alverez. someone who throws alot could beat alvarez by out pointing him.
He looked great while Kova was winning comfortably? No, he didnt.

How do you see it going?
I think Bivol is going to fight a boring kind of fight, lots of movement, avoiding Alvarez's jab staying outside, working the jabs and straights, then darting in to throw a combo every once in a while. Won't be an easy fight but I think he should take it.

People aren't impressed by Bivols fight with Chilemba but I thought Alvarez looked even worse against Chilemba and while the Kov performance was good, I wasn't blown away by him in his Pascal and Bute fights.

I think Bivol gets a late tko. Alvarez is good, but Kovalev clearly showed that he was slowing down and being a bit predictable. I know Kovalev is a huge win for anybody, but I really don't think that Alvarez is good as people are making him out to be.

I would like Bivol to get another fight before this though, I really think he hurt his right hand at some point. Because he never really used it after the 5th round. I think Bivol is better than Alvarez by quite a wide margin.

I had him losing but i could see what alvarez was doing. He lost the rounds but he had a gameplan, He was never out of it and was wearing kov down. There was only one round where alvarez looked bad but that was it

I think Bivol is going to fight a boring kind of fight, lots of movement, avoiding Alvarez's jab staying outside, working the jabs and straights, then darting in to throw a combo every once in a while. Won't be an easy fight but I think he should take it.

People aren't impressed by Bivols fight with Chilemba but I thought Alvarez looked even worse against Chilemba and while the Kov performance was good, I wasn't blown away by him in his Pascal and Bute fights.

Hope people dont take me wrong here. I like bivol but his performance was ghastly to me last weekend. It looked like he had stamina problems, with not to many adjustments. I think after time bivol will be to much for alvarez but if they fight next i think alvarez would beat him like kov

Hope people dont take me wrong here. I like bivol but his performance was ghastly to me last weekend. It looked like he had stamina problems, with not to many adjustments. I think after time bivol will be to much for alvarez but if they fight next i think alvarez would beat him like kov
See, that's legitimate, but we have to remember that Chilemba tends to make fighters look bad. He made Alvarez look bad too IMO, worse than Bivol.

I see some comparisons between Bivol and Kov, but I think Bivol is better TBH. He's more mobile, and he fights smarter, I don't think he's going to be trying to trade like Kov did and freaking out when his punches don't hurt his opponent, he'll just shift his focus to moving more. His stamina usually holds up, and his feet and hands are fast, so I think he's the kind of guy that will be bouncing in and out against Alvarez. Not that I don't think Alvarez has a legitimate chance, but Bivol seems little too polished for me.

I will say though, I'm starting to question Bivols killer instinct a bit. His power seems to be less that natural brutal poewr and instead seems to be the power you get from just perfectly placing punches.

Bivol still beats Alvarez if they meet. Bivol didn't look spectacular but he still won the fight pretty easily. Chilemba is a tricky opponent, and very tough. I think Bivol is a bad match up for Alavarez as he is quite a busy fighter whilst Alvarez doesn't tend to throw that much. I could see Bivol outboxing Alvarez for much of the fight if they were to meet.

alavrez won round 1 and 2 clearly, round 3 was a toss up I gave to alvarez, kovalev won 4 wide but he threw 60 punches and the sting was off his punches, alvarez just wore him out in round 5 and 6. kovalev had to try SOO hard to win the rounds. try so much harder to win close rounds while alvarez fought at the same pace the entire fight even during the knockout.

but this is about bivol vs alvarez and bivol at this point is better than Kovalev.
50/50 fight

Back