DJ will get an immediate rematch

whoever wins this next fight will be asked about the callout and they will say they accept, because why not? it's a lower weightclass guy. then dana will say at the post fight "both guys want this fight so this is the fight to make"

He certainly deserves one. 1-1 with a brutal one round stoppage to MM and a very close decision to the champ. This fight needs a tie breaker.
exactly....no way dana can justify it other than say I dont like DJ. But even that would be stupid move. Having a guy hold 2 divisions slows down that division a lot imo. And how the hell can you win a super close title fight after being koed in your last title fight and demand to fight champ of next division

UFC will be mad to throw the whole division away and let one of cody/tj hold 2 belts. You cant be the longest serving champ, lose a very close decision and not get a rematch. DJ will get the rematch

As he should. Dude has 11 defenses and lost a controversial bs decsion

Dana ain't letting that happen son. Did you see how happy he was when they read the decision?

He definitely deserves it. Not a fan of jumping divisions without any defenses. Rematch would have way more interest than cejudo vs pettis or benavidez

as long as Cejudo doesn't ask for some kind of outrageous number im sure they'll give him the superfight instead

We don't know the #s yet for this card. Probably meh. But they main evented this ppv. Will their next fight, should it happen, warrant a ppv main event?

I'm sure this PPV did at least 80k buys based on the DC Vs Stipe numbers

I think you have to double it up like this one with another good fight

No

Edit: Nevermind, this thread magically transformed into something else.

maybe there won't. dillashaw accepted cejudo's callout. also if (when) dillashaw wins, he won't be the 125 champ, it will be on 135

I like the idea of a rematch. A solid rivalry for MM could get both men more shine. That was a fantastic fight.

Stipe should have gotten one and Demetrius should get one, in all fairness to what they did. Set defense records but the UFC wasn't really big on Stipe and not really Johnson either. I can see Dana doing something else with Cejudo.

As much as Dana and WME dislike him, he’ll most likely never get it and his next paycheck will reflect that.

And what happens to DJ if he loses 2 in a row to the same guy.

Back