DJ vs Cejudo - So round 2 is the deciding factor (Fight metric)

Yeah it was a typical lay n' pray bullshit robbery.

Nobody cares.

DJ lost because he didn't go for the kill.
Don't feel sorry for him at all.

Don't use statistics to argue who won a fight, stats can be misleading.

Cejudo won round 2 by landing the takedown and keeping him down.

Because he had top control for 60 seconds and landed nothing significant? That negates him losing the preceding 4 minutes via being thoroughly outstruck?

Idiocy.

Because he had top control for 60 seconds and landed nothing significant? That negates him losing the preceding 4 minutes via being thoroughly outstruck?

Idiocy.

Not idiocy is it though. MM landed nothing significant at all, the only significant thing that happened in that round was the takedown.
Yes I'd argue that a takedown and around 1:30 of top control wins you a close round. Let's not act like MM was putting on a striking clinic on Cejudo that round, Cejudo was holding his own.

Not idiocy is it though. MM landed nothing significant at all, the only significant thing that happened in that round was the takedown.
Yes I'd argue that a takedown and around 1:30 of top control wins you a close round. Let's not act like MM was putting on a striking clinic on Cejudo that round, Cejudo was holding his own.

This kind of thinking is insane to me. He was outstruck 2 to 1, but because you don't think they hurt they don't count as much as a takedown that literally amounted to nothing?

Idiocy.

oh look, a 2018 join date spewing horseshit about the best fighter of our generation.

i'm shocked, shocked i tell you.

ezgif-5-50d2d21403.gif

Best fighter of our generation? LMFAO! DJ isnt tall enough to ride on a rollercoaster.

Average normal sized human would throw manlet DJ through a window.

Greatest fighter my anus.

Leg kicks dont even work,

Just Joe Rogan filling peoples mind with false information.
glasgow-united-kingdom-16-july-2017-brett-johns-ahead-of-his-bout-picture-id815548118

Brett Johns disagrees with you

I gave it 2-2 in the fifth but didnt see how Cejudo won the final round. This should have been a draw at best for Cejudo.

This kind of thinking is insane to me. He was outstruck 2 to 1, but because you don't think they hurt they don't count as much as a takedown that literally amounted to nothing?

Idiocy.

Well that kind of thinking is called the unified rules buddy, the main factor is damage which MM didn't do much of, at least no more than Cejudo. In a close round damage wise you have to look at the other aspects, and the other aspect was Cejudo getting a takdown and maintaining position until the round end.

I'm not implying it was a blowout round for Cejudo, but if you think there's no way Cejudo won that round idk what to tell you

Sherbros > A level athletes.
This made me think that we should probably have shirts made for us... but then I remembered that we don’t, and shouldn’t, ever wear shirts.

Nobody cares.

DJ lost because he didn't go for the kill.
Don't feel sorry for him at all.
This. He's held his division and all small fighters hostage for years.

Next time I see him, he better be promoting a fight with pyrotechnics and bikini chicks and he better be predicting 1st round KOs or 2nd round subs.

giphy.gif

Well that kind of thinking is called the unified rules buddy, the main factor is damage which MM didn't do much of, at least no more than Cejudo. In a close round damage wise you have to look at the other aspects, and the other aspect was Cejudo getting a takdown and maintaining position until the round end.

I'm not implying it was a blowout round for Cejudo, but if you think there's no way Cejudo won that round idk what to tell you

Cejudo did no damage to Johnson. At all. Cejudo on the other hand was wearing his damage from MM on his legs and face.

Show me in the criteria where it says takedowns that amount to nothing are scored more heavily than thoroughly outscoring and controlling the fight on the feet btw.

Cejudo did no damage to Johnson. At all. Cejudo on the other hand was wearing his damage from MM on his legs and face.

Show me in the criteria where it says takedowns that amount to nothing are scored more heavily than thoroughly outscoring and controlling the fight on the feet btw.

If you're going to argue that Cejudo did "no damage at all" there's no point continuing the conversation because you've clearly made up your mind.

If the damage is equal you look at other things like aggression and octagon control, I'd argue pretty easily that getting a takedown and maintaining position shows aggression and octagon control.

The leg kicked Cejudo so hard and so many times that he broke bones in his foot. That alone is more significant than anything Cejudo did let alone the hard left body kick and headstrikes DJ landed. He should of got that decision easily.

If you're going to argue that Cejudo did "no damage at all" there's no point continuing the conversation because you've clearly made up your mind.

If the damage is equal you look at other things like aggression and octagon control, I'd argue pretty easily that getting a takedown and maintaining position shows aggression and octagon control.

I'm sorry, were you not just saying "the main factor is damage which MM didn't do much of, at least no more than Cejudo" ? If we're pretending that being outstruck 2 to 1 doesn't matter as much as a takedown that amounts to nothing, and your premise is hinged on the 'lack of damage' that MM's strikes amounted to(which is simply you thinking they don't look like they hurt)...how is that not a fair response? MM visibly damaged Cejudo's legs and face. Where was the damage on DJ? DJ's post-fight assessment of the damage he took seems to be from kicking Cejudo so much his legs/foot are sore.

The damage was not equal, and 60 seconds of aggression/octagon control is not greater than or even equal to 240 seconds of aggression/octagon control/oustriking 2 to 1.

don't think about it. fightmetrics are numbers and the guidelines to judge a round are retarded

DJ's strikes were mostly leg kicks. Out of 15/29 significant strikes I bet 12 of those were leg kicks. 30/44 probably 25 leg kicks.
I thought so too at first but there after a rewatch I realized DJ hit more body shots than one would think.

Fight Metrics says that in rnd2 DJ landed 6 leg kicks, 5 body shots and 4 strikes to the head.
While Cejudo 1 leg kick, 5 body shots and 5 strikes to the head.

upload_2018-8-5_21-0-22.png

Back