DJ to DC about fighting TJ: If I got the same paycheck you did....then it's a whole different story

Can't really blame DJ. He's not fighting to please us sherdoggers. It's his career, his family, and his finances. He's obviously not ducking TJ, but I do think he's chosen to not budge to the UFC demands - and the UFC has a pretty damn good track record of being cunts, especially in the WME-IMG-era.

It seems to be a question of him standing his ground instead of accepting peanuts to fight another champion from a higher weight-class.

Fighting the most obscure? WTF LMAO. He's fought every single guy in his division. How is it his fault that he is small or that the division is shallow or that he outclasses his competition every single time. He has done what a champion should do.
Not only that but his first 16 fights, and only 2 career losses came a weightclass above.

I know all that but I'm saying that DJ should get the seven figure pay day based on his accolades alone which is the fact that he has completely dominated his division and has the record title defenses. Pay him the million he is asking for and make the damn fucking fight that the fans want to see. It's obviously money that he wants why not fulfill it given what he has achieved if anything that million can be an investment because it will bring more attention on the Flyweight division which is burning money and if TJ becomes champion he also brings in more viewers and PPV numbers the next he fights since he will be a two weight world champion.
still doesn't make much sense. also the fans don't care about this fight. is mostly hardcores. at this point I'm whatever, MM is playing tough but he literally has no leverage. so let him fight the sergio pettis, brandon morenos of the world

I know all that but I'm saying that DJ should get the seven figure pay day based on his accolades alone which is the fact that he has completely dominated his division and has the record title defenses. Pay him the million he is asking for and make the damn fucking fight that the fans want to see. It's obviously money that he wants why not fulfill it given what he has achieved if anything that million can be an investment because it will bring more attention on the Flyweight division which is burning money and if TJ becomes champion he also brings in more viewers and PPV numbers the next he fights since he will be a two weight world champion.

He probably should yes. But unfortunately the public, who buy the ppvs and tickets and merch, don't see it that way.

So he doesn't get paid because he isn't making the money in the first place.

Can't really blame DJ. He's not fighting to please us sherdoggers. It's his career, his family, and his finances. He's obviously not ducking TJ, but I do think he's chosen to not budge to the UFC demands - and the UFC has a pretty damn good track record of being cunts, especially in the WME-IMG-era.

It seems to be a question of him standing his ground instead of accepting peanuts to fight another champion from a higher weight-class.
This.

If that DJ-TJ fight is not going to generate big money, there is no reason to make it. If it's only a super fight, and not a money fight, whatever, let's move on.
Now if it is going to generate big money (i believe so), then pay DJ big. Simple.

It's on WME and Dana White to make it happen, not on DJ.

I know all that but I'm saying that DJ should get the seven figure pay day based on his accolades alone

Accolades alone don't mean shit in the real world.

You can have a PhD and make less money than an illiterate working at McDonalds if your skill is not in high demand.

If that DJ-TJ fight is not going to generate big money, there is no reason to make it. If it's only a super fight, and not a money fight, whatever, let's move on.
Now if it is going to generate big money (i believe so), then pay DJ big. Simple.

No one really cares about this fight, but it's a fight he needs to take to build his rep and gain publicity. If he dominates TJ it starts the hype train. If he moves up a division and wins a few he'll be much closer to the numbers he wants. No one cares if he fights ray borg.

No one really cares about this fight, but it's a fight he needs to take to build his rep and gain publicity. If he dominates TJ it starts the hype train. If he moves up a division and wins a few he'll be much closer to the numbers he wants. No one cares if he fights ray borg.
He's not moving up. He has said that plenty of times. If that fight happens, it's at 125.
If no one cares, his "publicity" gain won't be much. Not enough of a reason to make that fight.

He's not moving up. He has said that plenty of times. If that fight happens, it's at 125.
If no one cares, his "publicity" gain won't be much. Not enough of a reason to make that fight.

Then he should stop complaining about pay. No one cares about his 'record'.

This is like the womens us national soccer team complaining that the men make more than them.

DC STARTED BY FIGHTING THE BEST,

THEN HE GOT THE BIG CHECK.

YOU DONT START BY FIGHTING THE MOST OBSCURE,
AND DEMAND THE BIG CHECK ON YOUR FIRST REAL FIGHT.
Is fighting the bw goat considered obscure nowadays?

Tough crowd

Lol, why would a manlet get the same pay as a huge guy like DC?

Maintenance costs are way lower when you are that little. Less food, smaller cars, smaller house etc

Pretty sure Floyd made more in his last fight than DC has made/will make in his career. And he’s a manlet.

I'm with Pinko on this.

It's simple you need to be a draw and take risks. Neither of those fall under DJ's umbrella.

He certainty deserves more for such an outing but seems to have priced himself out.

I could care less if he fights TJ or not at this point. Also if TJ wins he should defend the belt then think about super fights. Whatever they think will sell is what we will end up eating anyhow.

And if thats what DJ has chosen to do, that’s cool with me. I don’t really care as long as I get to see him fight. Same with TJ, I personally don’t care if he fights MM, as long as he fights and vs top contenders, I’m ok. Not everyone needs to take superfights and money fights etc. Sometimes its cool to see a guy just keep facing the #1 contenders over and over.

Just think it’s funny people talk about how DJ is scared of Dillashaw when he’s fought half of his career at that weight class and has taken on/beat guys that have KO’d/beat TJ.

It's ridiculous to think that if he does the TJ fight for his normal contract they'll then pay him more to fight the contenders in his division. I'm very interested in the fight but if the UFC wants a champ vs champ fight they gotta pay for it. Garbrant said the same thing when asked about fighting DJ.

Back