DJ says he is “over the Dillashaw fight”

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by YewJan, Aug 3, 2018.

1. YewJan

YewJan Orange Belt

This is number one bullshit

DJ states:
    They aren’t not on the same card to set up a fight, it’s just a coincidence

DJ says doesn’t want the fight, he is over it and he doesn’t think the fight is going to happen

2. PanicWrassler

PanicWrassler Green Belt

Mouse balls don't want that work.

The dude really says "the next contender"

Who is the next contender?

I ain't heard of any of those motherfuckers.

3. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

4. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

great, let him stay in the manlet division and let dillashaw fight guys like moraes, assunção, cruz again. and let MM fade into irrelevancy (I mean go back to irrelevancy)

5. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice Arguably Never Lost

He was never under it

6. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments Free from the yellow once again!

Of course he is, especially with the murderer's row of legit contenders waiting for their shot

7. giovanni002

giovanni002 Silver Belt

He made it clear. If you wanna see it, you just have to pay him. Money can change everyone's mind

8. Hitto

Hitto Brown Belt

I hate this manlet.

9. mirellale

mirellale Black Belt

Close the division already

10. podsox

podsox Yellow Card Yellow Card

Sounds good. I don’t want the 135 division stalled anyways

11. moogie101

moogie101 Purple Belt

It's amazing that people can still defend his constant ducking. Especially as TJ was dropping to face him.

12. HNIC215

HNIC215 Semper Fidelis...

Being a "Champ, Champ" these days don't mean as much as it once did... Plenty of those in the UFC now...

Mighty Mouse can just sit back and collect heads in his division and continue his record breaking longest win/defend streak in the UFC and be remembered for quite a long time.

13. Roop Holstry

Roop Holstry Red Belt

[​IMG]

Mighty Duck at it again

14. Ken Fresno

Ken Fresno Baddest Motherf*cker Belt

He doesn't want challenges. This has been established. He can stay swimming in blow-up pools. Who cares.

Having said that, if I was him or his management I would change his nickname, the way Floyd went from Pretty Boy to Money. He should go with The Mighty One. It's a subtle thing, but the type of promotional detail that makes a big difference. But him and the UFC are terrible at this shit.

15. Rygu

Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

He won't be remembered except for wasting main events on PPVs with fights nobody wants to pay to see.

16. Strychnine

Strychnine Steel Belt

17. Strychnine

Strychnine Steel Belt

You want MM to have a superfight, then pay him superfight money.

It ain't rocket surgery people...

Arm Barbarian and Axefan4life like this.
  18. IIIIIIII

IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

he wants to get paid a lot to lose. whatever they are offering him isn't enough to ruin his winning streak. all i know, is that no one should feel bad for whatever he's currently making. he clearly doesn't have enough confidence in himself to beat him. fearing that dillashaw won't make weight is such a lame excuse. on the other hand, i respect him for at least admitting it and telling everyone he doesn't want the fight. gsp danced around and pretended to want the anderson fight. that was bullshit.

BjPenn2017, PROlogic and cmw43 like this.
  19. acannxr

acannxr Black Belt

People only started calling him a duck after they fell for Dana White's smear campaign, because Johnson has been wanting these fights for the last three years:

February 8th, 2015 | Johnson vs. Dillashaw

"Mighty Mouse" said he ran into Dillashaw in Las Vegas over the weekend during UFC 183 fight week and told him the plot.

"I was like, 'Hey, I told everybody that I'll fight you,'" Johnson said. "He was like, 'You did?' I said, 'Yes and I told everybody we gotta get paid. I said $2 million.' He goes, 'Eff, yeah. I'm down with that.'"

Johnson (21-2-1) conceded that it wouldn't take quite that much. But close.

"I guess not," he said. "Maybe one million if Dana wants to come out with that."
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/...-down-for-superfight-with-t-j-dillashaw-for-2

September 14th, 2016 | Johnson vs. Cruz

In an interview with Australian podcast ‘Submission Radio’, Johnson revealed that he feels unappreciated for all he has done for the sport. The fighter made it clear that the amount of money it would take for him and Dominick Cruz to engage in a super fight between reigning champions would be two million US-dollars.

“I think two million dollar is fair”, Johnson said. “I think it’s two million. Obviously we don’t have the same fanbase, you know, we’re not prom king or prince or duke or whatever like Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz are. But I’ll tell you what, our skillset and what we’ve done in the past as mixed martial artists in this sport – shit, Dominick Cruz has defended his belt more times than Conor McGregor has and Conor McGregor is more active than Dominick Cruz. So that right there, just what we bring to the table as athletes and what we’ve done in this sport, I think that deserves two million dollars, especially since the UFC got bought for 4.2 billion dollars. WME-IMG has the cash to front this fight.”
    https://agfight.com.br/en/demetriou...nts-two-million-for-super-fight-against-cruz/

April 12th, 2017 | Johnson vs. Garbrandt

For his part, “Mighty Mouse” says he’ll accept that challenge. Or he could go up to 135 pounds. Either way, he’s not going to shy away from the callout.

“If he wants to come down and the UFC wants to give him an immediate title shot, that’s what they do nowadays, you get an immediate title shot,” Johnson said Monday. “If I go up and challenge him for his belt, if the negotiations go well, then yeah, it could happen.”
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/...n-says-hed-fight-cody-garbrandt-at-135-or-125

20. VinceArch

VinceArch Venom in the veins.

If they aren't going to pay him or at the very least talk money with him then fuck it, don't do it. TJ ca go down to 125 and beat other contenders until he himself is the number 1 contender.

Arm Barbarian likes this.